Reviews for The Part You Won't Recognize
jigsaws231 chapter 15 . 4/11/2007
Another great story - you write incredibly well. Your OC was likable, which is a feat in itself. You kept any possible romance low key, which is great. I always found it far-fetched that a woman would meet one of the guys, then fall for him in about three days.

I also appreciate the way you ended it. It wasn't contrite - perfect.
BubblyShell22 chapter 15 . 4/11/2007
Wow! Awesome story. You had this fashioned like a Mary Higgins Clark novel. I'm serious. This was great. I can't believe Tyrone did it. At least he got what was coming to him. I think Kate was on the phone in the end. Why did you have to end it there? Still, it was great. I can't wait to read some more awesome stories from you. You are truly an awesome writer.

The Bubbly One,

Shell
RekkaKouyuu chapter 15 . 4/10/2007
I had a feeling it was going to be Tyrone. He just irked me the wrong way when we first met him. Showoff little butt.

I can't really think of the words to convey to you how much I adored this fic. Raph was perfect. As were his brothers and father. Getting to see how Raph viewed the world and loved it in spite of it's rough spots. I'm suprized I liked Kate as much as I did. I usually turn away the second a romantic interest starts up, but I'm glad I didn't with this one. The pull was just too strong. And I love the ending! Wonderful way to leave it open. It just tugs at your heart because you do want it to be Kate on the other end.

Just fic was marvelous and I look forward to more from you.

Sidenote: I forgot to ask if you were planning on writing a fic about how Raph and Mikey got together? To go with your other fic? If not, sorry to impose, but I had to ask. That fic left me wanting more. :)
Reluctant Dragon chapter 15 . 4/10/2007
Ah man, it's over...

Amazing job. I would have been tempted to juice the ending up the the proper rediculousness that usually ends a TMNT fic, but you resisted temptation and kept with the reality very nicely.

It was almost an anti-climatic ending, but it CERTAINLY left me wanting more! Are we going to see any more fics featuring Kate?

~RD
Tristripe chapter 15 . 4/10/2007
Alright...here i am supposed to be going over my medical terms and being all studious now that im back in college...yet im smiling like an idiot and ive noticed some people are looking at me oddly.

RAPH WAS WRONG!

awesome. i loved this ending. It seemed suitable, not drawn out. a hint of something that just MIGHT become a 'thing'.

and i like the part about the America that no one would want to recognize, cause really it puts a reality check to that american dream, doesnt it?

lovely story. amazing. as you know, im anticipating your next masterpiece!

Tri
Tristripe chapter 14 . 4/10/2007
OF COURSE IT WAS TYRONE! he was like the only male in the neighborhood named and identified other than Bug! And of course the serial killer will blame all the problems on the women. lol, its a joke really. it takes two to tango.

man...my brain just did a popping sound and im afraid to go on to the epilogue...especially at how Raph has expressed that even though he has feelings for Kate and she might have them for him...its not going to happen.

bitter sweet...

okay...epilogue...
Eridani23 chapter 15 . 4/10/2007
A terrific ending to a terrific story!
Aurora Musis Amica chapter 15 . 4/10/2007
Nifty-keen story.
forthegenuine chapter 15 . 4/10/2007
Fabulous storytelling, Lucy. I love the plot and the underlying character interactions. Plus, social commentary! Beautiful work. I don't think I'm the first to ask about a sequel? Please, do.
BubblyShell22 chapter 13 . 4/10/2007
Awesome story so far. I'll read the rest later. You have got the Turtles' characters down pat. I can see this happening. Great job. You are truly a good writer.

The Bubbly One,

Shell
The Smiley chapter 15 . 4/10/2007
That was awsome! I enjoyed every minute of this story and I'm looking forward to your next. :)
artykidd chapter 15 . 4/10/2007
Very well written, intelligent and thought provoking. It works as a crime/drama and equally as well as a social statement. I hope to see more work from you soon.
Herr Wozzeck chapter 15 . 4/10/2007
Ha ha! It worked!

And who would have known it was Tyrone? I mean, there was honestly not much of a way you could have figured that out.

You made stuff brilliant!

Please keep writing turtles! You're really one of the better authors here.
DEACTIVATED-ACCOUNT404 chapter 15 . 4/10/2007
Wow. That story was amazing. I'm a Leo fan myself, and NEVER go in for OCs, especially when it may involve some sort of romance, but this was spectacular. The story was gripping, the characters perfect, and it made me love Raph. Still, Leo's my favorite, but you really threw a new light on Raph while keeping him completely in character. Like the movie, it was a little absent on Mikey and Don but that didn't really matter, because I think anymore with them may have detracted from the story. Kate was a fantastic character. She was really developed and likable, and the interaction/interest (?) between her and Raph was really well done. Splinter, too, was given his moments and I really enjoyed the interaction between Raph and sensei, too. I loved the ideological conflicts going on in this story. It's so true: right and wrong is never black and white (though I, like Leo, am often inclined to believe that). But this just goes to show you that it's never really the case. Great use of the Ali quote. Great use of everything, really. Keep up the good work and I can't wait to read more out of you. Two thumbs up.
Reinbeauchaser chapter 15 . 4/10/2007
Ah, you surprised me with a happy ending. Thank you.

I never get my hopes up until the last word and I truly loved the ending. :0)

Wonderful fic, my dear. Truly a masterpiece and a classic. I could go on and on, but it would only water down an already gushing review.

Anyway, I've added this to my list of Best of 2007 Fanfic picks.

Be blessed,