Reviews for Amish War Brides
The General G of K chapter 2 . 10/13/2007
Is there any chance in the entire world that you would ever consider maybe possibly updating this hilarity enducing story? Seriously, this is one of the greatest things I've ever read. It's like reading the most amazing episodes of The Office that haven't been discovered yet. And by that I mean ALL of your writing.

Seriously, I possibly want to marry all of your stories. Especially Ed Helm's Angry Justice.

I salute you.
standing-in-the-doorway chapter 2 . 4/9/2007
"The one man who generally appreciated Michael's sense of humor was lost in the worst cloud of hurt since he found out what happened to Dumbledore." Oh Dumbledore! Why have you left us!

Also, "Stanley very nearly looked up from his crossword puzzle." Genius.
Alex Wert chapter 2 . 4/9/2007
Sorry about the delay in reviewing. Computer still in the shop and Easter and all.

The problem with reading your stories at work is that laughing causes office neighbours to become annoyed. Good thing it's Easter Monday and I'm the only one here.
Maizzy chapter 2 . 4/7/2007
Hahaha, this was very, and something I could totally see being made into an episode for the actual show.
I Heart Edward Cullen chapter 2 . 4/6/2007
Wow! You were really on the ball with the talking heads this chapter! These are definitely some of the better ones you've done. I particularly liked the first two and the last one by Jim, along with Michael's. Very nice.

Oh, and by the way, nice use of the word "whinging." Seriously, I love it. Are you British or Australian or something? Because I picked it up from an Australian author, used it once, and got a lot of confused looks from my American friends. Foreign slang is better slang, don't you know. And it's fun to confuse others. XD

And the final line, about sometimes anger can't be managed? Psychotic genius. Like lab coat-lightning-it's alive! genius.
MoonGoddessShadow chapter 2 . 4/6/2007
I love you.

This was the most hilarious thing I've read in a while. You really captured every character perfectly. You absolutely made my day. And I kind of want to see that 'Jim is a vampire' fic... _

Anyway, this is pure brilliance and I can't wait for more.
EmilyHalpert chapter 2 . 4/6/2007
Lollilove is so strangely funny. It is so unlike everything I usually like, but I loved it.

I am A blood. I don't know whether to be scared or not by that fact now...

Jim is about to face the horrors of war!
Cousin Mose chapter 2 . 4/5/2007
Holy Lord, Jack... I can't even form a sentence here.

-Dwight's porpoise-squeaking thighs.

-Spiderman not taking his job seriously.

-Mose: join or die. (message received. Expect an update on the project later today.)

-There's no "you" in "masturbate," (at least not where you'd think.)

-Blood types and Clapton. Nice touches.

In the words of Costanza: "Do you ever get down on your knees and thank God that you know me and have access to my dementia?"

Yes, Jack, I do.
Pink the Color chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
God, this is amazing. Oh, lord. You just keep the laughs coming, Jack. I can't wait.
standing-in-the-doorway chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
omg, this was hilarious. dwight's confessions were amazing and write on target. i also love how you turned "jim" into a verb as in "Jim looks right into the camera and jims." AMAZING.
Araminta18 chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
hee hee hee! Yea! So funny, and the characterization was really good. I felt almost as if I was watching an episode. Thanks!
EmilyHalpert chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
Wow, that is a great Creed line. Just, so perfectly Creed. I love use of the minor characters, because I ususally can't get their voices down, so its great when others can.

And then my science side is like - everything is a drug in the right dose. dosage is the only difference between medicine and posion. okay, now that that is over.

Exactly, Jim doesn't talk Dwight into things... he just doesn't talk him OUT of them :)

I like your take on the Pam/Jim/Karen/Roy-ness. Interesting observations!
Alex Wert chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
Oh dear. I think this almost crossed over into parody territory a few times. For a 'getting back in the game' outing, you certainly seem to be in midseason form. Or possibly late-season form, when all the players need heavy medication to play through all their injuries.
scullyseviltwin chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
Unless a lifetime of movies and Japanese animation had lied to him, perverted older men were always telling the truth about this sort of thing.

Oh my god, hilarious. And used the word malfeasants. Oh good, this is fantastic. I think I want to have your babies.

(Though you do have beat farm instead of beat farm, though that put a great image in my head, haha.)

Fantastic, fantastic and great and I'm off to read more of your work because my Red Sox and being significantly disappointing right now.
I Heart Edward Cullen chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
OH! You listen to the Arctic Monkeys? That song is a hoot. XD I'm going to see them in... April...? Stupid faulty memory. But those all sound like so much fun if you actually wrote them. Crackalicious.

Seriously, this takes all the Amish jokes to a new level. This is spectacular. I did not give a lot of thought as to what will greet me at the doors of Hell, but I'm becoming more and more inclined to think it will be Dwight in a too-small swimsuit. And you never give much thought to what kind of childhood would have spawned Dwight, but... that answers a lot of questions. O_O I love the twist on the traditonal superhero tragic past. Quite nice.

I'm not even going to go into the grandma incident. Insane genius, and I can see every bit of it happening, sadly. But by far my favorite line was, "He flares a nostril menacingly." Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff?

The lack of PB & J saddens me (my greatest dream is Karen and Roy suddenly getting run over by a rouge semi)but this is lovely, lovely, lovely. Update soon, and cheers!