Reviews for Friday Evening
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 1 . 9/20/2012
Hot and sexy Max and Logan.
Kaden-san chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
Totally AU. But. Well worth it as you actually KNEW the characters of Max and Logan.
sterno chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
Brina2468 chapter 1 . 12/13/2008
I LOVE this story. I know it is a bit late, but I love it and I just wanted you to know. Also , I think you should write more DA, rather M/L fic. Simply beautiful! Sigh..
shirts47 chapter 1 . 8/21/2008
Awesome story

Good start for your first Dark Angel, I agree it sucks how it ended, but this is a good way to make up for it. Keep writing, Dark Angel stories

Love JJ
Kyre chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
I'm very happy. :)

It's clear that you've caught on well to the oddities in Max and Logan's lives and the ways they deal with them - or avoid dealing with them. There are a few spots in here where I could tell you were new to DA (Logan, never lying to Max?), but on the whole I think you do a good job of reproducing the characters. Lord knows we would have liked to see a love scene or two that wasn't cut off quickly by a raven...

Anyway, good job, and please keep writing.
DAngelFan chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
I enjoyed your story and look forward to reading more from you.
jfg207 chapter 1 . 4/21/2007
Keep on going...

mari chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
So once again, another trial to see if FFnet will cooperate. (Though I was so idiotic to somehow delete the long version and now have to do it from memory - Good thing that there’s no lack of things to comment in this story:-)

"If she was honest, she was a little nervous about the upcoming dinner.

But she wasn’t honest, and so she wasn’t nervous. Or at least she told herself so."

Sounds so very much like Max, still just a little bit of denial even though she has admitted the big thing of being in love with him.

"Logan. Who was everything but a hypocrite. He had never even tried to lie to her once in all the time they’d known each other. She simply knew that. Logan was true to the core."

Great bit.

“I’d love you to”

After my second read I really like the use of this.

"Which had actually been a little funny as Logan’s head was kind of buried in the fridge right at that moment. He re-emerged seconds later, with two tomatoes in his left hand, his face a nice shade of scarlet. His ears, too.

He’d then been trying to conceal what he’d said, stuttering – very uncommon for Logan Cale – something about ‘Um…these….tomatoes….they’re….they’ll be great for the salad.’

In a moment of unwavering, sure tenderness she’d knelt next to him, grasped his hand, and told him she loved him, too.

After that… well, nothing more had happened. He’d cut up the tomatoes, which indeed made for a nice salad. He’d cooked her dinner. They’d played a game of chess. She’d gone home."

I think I said that this is funny, cute, in-character just because it’s so unconventional and the most unusual declaration of love I’ve read in quite a while.

“No searing kisses still in the kitchen, no making-out on the couch, no hot sex in the bedroom. As far as Cindy was concerned, that wasn’t normal. Actually, it wasn’t even not normal. It was more than not normal. ‘Hyper-super not normal’, she thought, absentmindedly wondering if such an expression even existed”.

I like how you used her elevator-drive to sum up all the recent developments and as I already said, I like the way their relationship progresses. Feels very natural and typical for them.

“I always wonder how you manage to get all the stuff you need. I mean I hardly know the names of half of what you throw in there, and you…”

He gave an answering chuckle. “I won’t tell,” he grinned. “That’s something you need to figure out for yourself.”

“Spoilsport,” Max said in mock indignation. Her features, though, were softening almost immediately.

“Logan Cale, man of many mysteries,” she smiled gently.

And with that she gave in to the urge she’d felt since entering his apartment. Or maybe since stepping into the elevator some minutes earlier. Or maybe since the time she’d last seen him five days ago.

She crossed the few steps still separating them, coming up behind Logan who had again turned to the stove in front of him and snuck her arms around his upper body, pressing a kiss to his hair."

Another favourite bit, first their normal banter (the extra of cooking Logan is always nice) and the progression to their lovers-relationship.

Hopefully this gets through with all 553 words…
Mari83 chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
I like this very much (and am extra excited because it’s always so great to see a new M/L writer:-)

"The hesitancy in his words clearly belied his feelings. Max smiled. She loved these rare occasions when Logan’s outer amour broke and his insecurities came through. Those moments were few and far between, and made her treasure them even more.

Somehow they made him equal to her as she felt insecure all the time where he was concerned."

Ah, I love this. Insecure, vulnerable Logan has something cute.

"Sliding to the floor next to him, she leaned against the wheel of his chair and grasped his hand. The warmth of his skin never ceased to amaze her."

The image of them sitting next to each other like that shows so much comfort (I love the detail with his hands), it’s something I would love to see on screen.

I hope you will write more in DA! And why don’t you come over to the Dark Angel Reflections board (if you haven’t done so already)?
TigrouAngel chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
What a wonderful, wonderful story!

And so true to the characters..

I loved it!
Dutch chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
~ WOW ~ Lots of wonderful fluff and so sexy. So true to the characters. Hope you will write some more chapters.
shywr1ter chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
Wow! Like a lot!

I think my favorite "part" was overall, how you managed to capture, even after they became intimate, the rush-together- suddenly-blush-mash-faces-stammer-with-self-consciousness aspect of their taking thing to the next level. We see a fair amount of that in other fic, but only up to the time it's all fixed by their tumbling into bed. I really liked the fact that they're warmly intimate one moment then awkward about it the next.

So many nice moments... sure hope you continue to be besotted with these two!
GingerSnap chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
I'm so excited - a new author for my Max and Logan fix. And a darn good one, too.

I saw the link at dafans. they love Dark Angel writers at that Board.

What a wonderful story. I'm off to read it again.

Thank you so much for your story.
lisa316 chapter 1 . 4/2/2007
Very nice!

Of course their relationship would be 'abnormal', it made perfect sense to me that they would progress this way.

My favorite parts:

"They’d been sitting in his living-room, sharing a bottle of wine, talking about nothing really when Logan had unexpectedly taken her hand, looked her in the eyes, and told her ‘I want you.’" - Sigh. Simple and beautiful, I love that line.

"Four hours later Max was watching Logan sleep." - Four? Hm. OK, I know what you meant here, but I have a dirty mind and got quite a kick out of this line anyway.

Thanks for the hyper-super great story! I'm hoping you'll write more Dark Angel fic!