Reviews for The Dark Wanderer: The Curse of the Children
IloveOrlando08 chapter 9 . 7/7/2009
Hi there!

That chapter was really good. I liked the variety of what we got to see, and I feel like I definitely learned a lot about the interactions between all the characters.

Next chapter it'd be interesting to see where the whole elven assassin stuff is going.

Well-written as usual!
IloveOrlando08 chapter 8 . 6/26/2009
First off, congratulations!

Secondly, I'm sorry it's taken so long to review this. I actually finished reading it awhile ago, I just haven't had time to sit down and write a decent review. I haven't really been on the computer much at all, as you may have noticed.

Anyway, this was another really well-written chapter. It'll certainly be interesting to see where this story goes now that you've planned to give it more of a plot. Are you going to go back and change the earlier chapters to streamline them with your new ideas, or not?

Well, very good work! I feel like as a reader I need to get to know Michael and Cothiel a lot better, but I'm sure that'll happen as the story progresses.
IloveOrlando08 chapter 7 . 5/29/2009
Sorry it took so long for me to read and review this.

It was very good... but not what I expected at all. I didn't really remember what was going on in the story since it's been awhile, so I skimmed the last few chapters to find that we were in the midst of trying to save Cothiel? Is the story just heading off in a new direction, or will we return to that later?

Anyway, this chapter was very interesting. I feel like you could just make an all out sequel rather than a collection, but of course it's up to you. Only a few grammar and spelling things in the beginning.

You do a good job with your characters, they're really consistent. I was reminded right away that Donovan is not from Middle Earth by how he spoke.

Update soon!
IloveOrlando08 chapter 6 . 8/27/2007
Hi there,

Sorry that it's taken me so long to read and review this, I haven't really been reading any updated fics because I'm just too busy.

Anyway, this chapter was good. Very well-written as usual. The only thing is how glamourized war is in your fic...

Good work, one more chapter of saving Cothiel then?
IloveOrlando08 chapter 5 . 4/30/2007
Good! Short, but very good... the wording of the ending was a bit odd (to be concluded) but the chapter was very good. The dialogue, etc sounds very professional and modern day, (not a bad thing) which Donovan is responsible for, but it does seem a bit strange in the Middle Earth setting.

Cothiel, hmm. Sounds like an interesting character. I'm sure we'll be meeting her at some point in this story of yours. Now I won't keep you here any longer, you should probably get back to writing so that they can save her already!
IloveOrlando08 chapter 4 . 4/18/2007
Hi there,

I liked the chapter, since I was wondering what happened to these two.

It was nice that you gave more of a background for David, and then got into the plot of the chapter.

Very well written, and romantic.

I like his new job, breadmaking :) He should probably warn his customers that his deep fat fried breads will probably result in a heart attack.

It's strange that I hardly even noticed that it was written in first person, at least not until the end. Looking back on it, though, I do like the first person writing.

Nice ending. I wonder what your next chapter will be. I'm sure you will post it soon, but give the rest of your readers time to review too... if you want to bump up the number of reviews you get.
IloveOrlando08 chapter 3 . 4/17/2007
:) Well, what CAN I say? I mean, it was about Legolas.

Besides the few typos (which apparently have been fixed) it was very well-written. It flowed well, and overall, well done.

The dialogue was very good. So, Donovan must have taught her what a cobra is? Would Legolas have known?

Considering the future of "TDW:A Collection," you could keep going like this for a few more chapters, and leave off each chapter at a sort of cliff hanger like this, and then later on continue with a second chapter on the subject. Does that make sense?

While I like this format, it's pretty original, it also takes away from the characters a bit, especially the ones who weren't an integral part of the original TDW. These newer characters aren't getting to develop before we jump into the plot in their lives, like in this chapter. We didn't really get to meet Elanariel and get to know her before she was in this situation, the same with Legolas (since every author can develop the character their own way).

Even so, I think this is the best way to go about this without actually doing a sequel to TDW.

Okay, I'm done. Good job, good writing, keep it up. I hope you come up with some more one-shot style chapters soon.
Ardonius-Servant-Of-Zeta chapter 3 . 4/16/2007
Ooh, sounds exciting
Hiril Isilme chapter 3 . 4/15/2007
This is pretty good. I really liked the original as well.

Why not have a whole Elanariel/Legolas story by itself. I would really like to see how that one unfolds. Keep the chapters coming )
IloveOrlando08 chapter 2 . 4/14/2007
Hmm, I liked this.

I always wondered how they met, and I like this scenario.

I can't really think of any good suggestions for future chapters, maybe introducing some more minor characters? Or maybe the lives of the characters after the conclusion of The Dark Wanderer (even though you kind already covered that...).

I don't know, it's your story, so it's all up to you.

The writing style of this chapter was a bit over the top, but clearly I could see what you were getting at. I liked how you kept the identities of people hidden until the conclusion (some you knew from the start... at the mention of physical perfection I knew it was Legolas, lol).

Okay, I'm gonna stop rambling now.

Good luck on getting more reviews! Maybe you should P.M. all your other regular reviewers of TDW and let them know this exists.
No Me Gusta Spiders chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
Hi there,

I liked this, it was well-written and it introduced us to a new character.

You would know better than I would, but it seems like it would take a LOT for a five-foot tall woman to flip a full size Uruk, no matter how trained or fit she was.

Good luck getting more reviews, I wonder what sorts of SUGGESTIONS you will get.