Reviews for Cause and Effect
alisosia chapter 3 . 1/26/2011
a great rayne start wish there was a sequel

enjoyed it lots
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 3 . 9/2/2010
In hindsight, it makes sense that River and Jayne getting hitched - and YoSaffBridge getting offed - would skew the 'Verse timeline quite a bit. No YoSaffBridge running around the 'Verse the potential to squeal about Serenity's dealings or sucker the crew into stealing a rare Earth-That-Was artefact...no raid on St. Lucy's for access to an imaging scanner to study the damage to River's brain or an encounter with the Hands of Blue...no escalation to having a Parliamentary Operative involved in hunting Serenity down.

Wouldn't have minded seeing how things changed for other events like "War Stories" or "Objects in Space" (since Early seemed to find River and Simon independently to the efforts of the Academy or Alliance Parliament), but still awesome none the less ;)
SusanMarieS chapter 3 . 8/21/2009
yep this one's different it's the first one i've seen where they show mal and inara get together. well the acual scene where it happens. thanks for the effort you've put forth for this good story.
Green Owl chapter 2 . 11/20/2007
River: “...He doesn’t love me, not yet, but I have full confidence that given the proper amount of time and numerous copulations, Jayne will realize he simply cannot do without me.”

Jayne rolled his eyes. “Yeah, well if last night and this morning are any clue of what my life with crazy’s gonna be like, I can tell you right now, she ain’t goin’ nowhere.”

ROTFLMAO - "numerous copulations!"

Ay-may-zing!
emma134 chapter 3 . 9/4/2007
that was really cute
zoe90 chapter 3 . 4/23/2007
love it love it love it plz plz plz update

zoe
Cody101 chapter 3 . 4/15/2007
OMG! pleas pleas UPDATE soon I need to read more pleas I am puting thisin alert so hery and up date soon
michebabyblue chapter 3 . 4/5/2007
Kay this is just brilliant, i can't wait to see where you take this.
masey chapter 3 . 4/4/2007
Well done, i can't wait to read more!
AngusH chapter 3 . 4/4/2007
Great!

The requirement for bonding of River was a clever idea, it solves the key question of how exactly River could possibly be used in any serious way by the Alliance.

Plus Jayne's comment after River kills Saffron was so right for Jayne.

I loved the story.
Juniper375 chapter 3 . 4/4/2007
Yay! A lovely story so far, I hope Jayne falls in love soon, or at least realizes that he has loved her all along...but then, I love mush.
neisprime chapter 3 . 4/3/2007
Please don't tell me it's the end of the story because there obviously need to be more stories. I WANT to be around when Jayne finally realizes that he loves River and there's still Simon and Kaylee to contend with.

All in all, good job.
DruidLass chapter 3 . 4/3/2007
Nice work, elaine. Short and sweet. I really liked what you did with River's character, and how you explained her sudden lucidity. And Jayne is just too sweet for words, while retaining that coarseness that is just him. Great job!

-Druid
zoe chapter 2 . 4/3/2007
i absolutly love your story cant wait for u to update so update soon plz plz plz plz

zoe

x
DruidLass chapter 2 . 4/3/2007
Very intriguing so far. Can't wait for the next chapter. I love your characterisations!

-Druid