Reviews for The Denarian Renegade
noxenrom chapter 13 . 12/21/2017
Pathetic weak Harry Potter. Dunno why this story is so hyped.
Grimjowx chapter 36 . 12/21/2017
Damn why is Harry so pathetic.. seriously.
cecitbh chapter 1 . 11/14/2017
Never read Dresden Files, all the more reason for this to be so fascinating. You put the entire wizarding world of J.K. under superior forces while managing to make your changes easy to accept and digest. That just can't be easy and this is a very commendable fic. But! Harry is a pain in the arse. It's very tiring to read, his sarcastic remarks to absolutely everything awarded me a migraine. As a secondary character he would've shined. He can get a little flat. Also, the girls are rather submissive and underplayed, even Maeve has a little weakness for Harry, something that I hear Dresden Files also suffers with. But I've seen much worse in fanfiction, so I'll pretend I didn't notice. Great fic overall, got it from Taure's list, which only mentions the very best.
GeorgeTobor chapter 38 . 11/2/2017
So much death and destruction because Albus Dumbledore did nothing about Tom when he was young.
More evil was allowed because Dumbles didn't insist on JUSTICE for the death eaters.
Showing how good he is, Albus Dumbledore ignored advice, and Harry Potter was abused by the Dursleys.

When does it end?

When will Albus Greater Good Dumbledore strike down the wicked and protect the innocent?

Good CANNOT win against Evil without getting a little bit dirty.
GeorgeTobor chapter 34 . 11/2/2017
Neat way to get Harry go with Krum to the graveyard.
GeorgeTobor chapter 20 . 11/2/2017
I thought OMAKES were supposed to be funny?
GeorgeTobor chapter 19 . 11/2/2017
Summer Faery in Hogwarts?
In the story Faery Heroes PEEVES is a faery.

And Snape dies a glorious death!
GeorgeTobor chapter 16 . 11/2/2017
Ok you have written a new idea for the Goblet Of Fire.
I still say that the contract is void unless it is willingly entered into.

Now a DARK COMPULSION cast on someone whose name is entered is entirely possible.
Something like the Imperious, which also compels the unwilling.

Theoretically a sufficiently powerful wizard could over come or just break it.

For a good story where Harry walks away from the Goblet Of Fire go read THE POWER OF THE PRESS.
It is on my favorite list.
GeorgeTobor chapter 13 . 11/2/2017
The "Light" won, or more to the point, didn't lose entirely, inspire of Albus Dumbledore.
He made more stupid, foolish, bad, and just insane decisions than I can count.

This is a great story, Harry is very realistic, abused children do NOT become heroes.

They take the path that Tom Riddle took, it is one reason why child abuse is against the law.
GeorgeTobor chapter 2 . 11/2/2017
And this is the problem with the approach of Albus Dumbledore.
Not protecting the innocent means quite a few will turn Dark to protect themselves!

Second chances may sometimes be given, but not the endless chances Dumbfuck gives.

And for some acts there is no second chance!
GeorgeTobor chapter 1 . 11/2/2017
There is another crossover with the Dresden files, it's not like this one.

Your scene at the start could have been used for a Oh My Goddess crossover.
I'd send Urd, Belldandy is too nice, most of the time, and there is a good Harry/Skuld story on this site.

Hmmm... Who else from Hell or Heaven might make a fun fic?

Hecate is goddess of magic.

Oh and good job with removing the Dursleys!
Why did Rowling feel they had to be abusive?

Thanks for your time and effort writing this story.
Simianpower chapter 22 . 10/18/2017
First sentence of the chapter, and Harry is already "gruff and annoyed". Aaaaaaand... I'm done. I absolutely abhor this Harry. He's lazy, entitled, baselessly arrogant, and essentially just a dickhead. His interactions with literally everyone are irritating to read. The fight scene I just read was boring. I honestly don't give a shit if this guy lives or dies, and that's no way to keep my interest in a story. I won't even rate it, since I just skimmed around trying to find something of value here since so many people liked the story.
Simianpower chapter 21 . 10/18/2017
Well, that was Dragonball-Z combined with Bayformers. "Roaring, towering power thundered through his veins blah blah blah and he threw it and splodey happened and he was tired and his enemy swayed..." Rinse, repeat, again and again and again! That "battle" had all the tactical engagement of a carnival high-striker. I hoped for something interesting, and instead I'm very disappointed.
Simianpower chapter 17 . 10/17/2017
After reading reviews, I skipped from chapter 1 to chapter 13. And I'm fine with missing out on whatever Dresden-files training-fic stuff happened in there. Had I not done that, I'd probably have dropped the story due to a variety of factors that others have already called out in great detail.

That said, this part has been at least interesting. Your Harry is a total asshole. But he has good reason for it. What I don't get is why ANYONE thinks he'd care about losing school points when he's not actually even enrolled and doesn't want to be there in the first place. It's easy to brainwash 11-year-olds that house points mean something when in reality they're worthless, but an older kid would see right through that even if he DID want to be there.

I'm not sure if I'll read the whole story, but at least for the moment I'm interested in seeing where it goes. Dragon fire against a demon should be amusing.
Simianpower chapter 1 . 10/17/2017
"You're a wand wizard with little ability in anything else."
"Hey, what's that over there?"
"Oh, that's an effect of your Third Sight. It drives wand wizards insane. Do you want me to activate it for you?"
"Sure!"

What idiocy is that? She flat-out TOLD him it would drive him insane and less than a minute later he asked her to activate it.

Also, Hogwarts is not "thousands of kilometers away" from anywhere in Britain. The greatest distance between two points in Great Britain is 968 kilometers. Unless you're saying that Harry Potter lives at Number 4 Privet Drive, Rome, Greece, or something similar.
2,018 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »