Reviews for The Strange Face of Love
astalder27 chapter 18 . 6/18/2007
Aw! That was so sweet, it had to come out sometime! This story is definetly one of my favorites, please write a sequel!
J-Bird2006 chapter 18 . 6/18/2007
That was freaking AMAZING! I loved every part of this story, especially the emotionally scene with Sam and his dad at the end!
Nana56 chapter 18 . 6/18/2007
Perfect! Awesome epi! You had me bawlling like a baby! That's the John I love. Perfectly done! The suspense was incredible during the ride and experiencing it through Dean's POV was perfect.

You outdid yourself with this chapter and that's saying something. This has been an amazing ride and I'm so grateful to you for sharing it with us! THANK YOU!

Now, what's next? Got something else in the works?
carocali chapter 18 . 6/18/2007
Congrats on finishing up! I really like how you tied everything together, and also take a stab at the Sammy angst/anger of the series.

Good story!

TammiTam chapter 17 . 6/18/2007
Good ending to an awesome story!
abni chapter 18 . 6/18/2007
Great ending to a great story! :-D Love the way that John finally gets through Sam's anger by showing his regret of his own actions and his love for him. And your description of Sam's anger which is really some kind of defense mechanism and external expression of internal frustration is fabulous. This passage just blew me away:

"The loss of innocence was a mourning process, Dean decided as he sat there in contemplative silence. Most people didn't notice the time when their innocence was gradually drained away from them. When children slowly become aware of the things around them, and not just their own little worlds and fantasies, that's when innocence is lost. Sam had somehow managed to maintain his for longer than he had thought possible. When it had been taken from him, it had hit him harder than it would other kids. The Wraith had stolen more than his innocence though. It had burnt holes in his trust and in his faith. It had made him doubt things that had once been certain, but the saddest thing of all, perhaps, was that it had made him doubt himself. It had made him think that he was something less than what he actually was, something unworthy or love or respect"

I mean - WOW! Your language, choice of metaphors - absolutely beautiful, as is the idea itself of 'the loss of innocence as a mourning process'. LOVED it!

And I admit it, I was getting a little teary-eyed at the end when John apologises to Sam and tells him he's proud of him.

And I also love the way that you use Dean's point of view, thus effectively showing how this ending provides relief to all three Winchesters after a very trying time.

Following this story has been a great reading experience, both storywise and in terms of your insight and writing style. I'm looking forward to reading more from you :-D
blue peanut m and m chapter 18 . 6/18/2007
Great ending to a fantastic story, glad to see Sam and John resolve their issues, tearful guys gets me every time.

Again would like to say great fic hope you write another soon.
JoyofReading chapter 18 . 6/18/2007
Oh I liked the ending a lot. Poor Sam. I'm glad he finally got a lot of that anger out. Dean turning into a big marshmallow, only when it comes to Sam.

Sorry to see the story end, but I did enjoy it.
daisymaygirl1 chapter 18 . 6/18/2007
What a wonderful epilogue to a wonderful story. I'm so glad John came through for Sammy in the end, I was afraid he was just going to start yelling at the boy and not realise Sammy was hurting so badly. Well done, John. My faith in you is restored. I've loved every chapter of this story. Your Teen!Sammy was written so very well indeed, as were Dean, John and Jim. Looking forward to more of your stories.
Fafa Fai chapter 18 . 6/17/2007
God, this was a perfect final chpter. This fic was so good wrote and so done.
Phx chapter 18 . 6/17/2007
That was so perfect. Sam was in his every right to be as angry as he was. John left him behind. It doesn't matter that John thought he was doing what was best, it doesn't change the fact that they left Sam. I was terrified you weren't going to have them address that issue when Dean was thinking that Sam should have been over this by now, so I was so happy that that is what Sam's behavior came down to - his hurt over being abandoned.

Dean had already done what he could to mend things between Sam and himself but John still owed Sam that apology. So wonderful.

Such great closure because of everything that happened in this story, John leaving Sam behind with Jim - and Dean going along with John even though he didn't want to - bothered me the most.

Excellent ending to a rollar coaster ride of a story.

sammygirl1963 chapter 18 . 6/17/2007
WOW Fantastic chapter! Noy when Sam let it go, he sure let his feelings fly. Thank God John had the sense to understand that Sammy was more hurt than he'd ever been before and grabbed him into a hug where he could cry himself about the feelings of being left behind!

Awesome ending to a great story-couldn't have been written better! Absolutely perfect!
bb1028 chapter 18 . 6/17/2007
amazing ending for an awesome did a great job, i really loved this story )
Falln4DarkAngel chapter 18 . 6/17/2007 there's an example of puberty at its worst. Great story and lovely ending "Why are you sitting there grinning like a loon? Get your ass up, dude. We're gonna go get pancakes for breakfast." **wipes eyes* loved that Sam/John bit in the end. Keep up the good work! This is your first fic? wow
Trish62 chapter 18 . 6/17/2007
Ok, I said I had come to terms with the ending without the Sam-John chick flick moment, and then, wham, you give me the ultimate heart wrencher in the epilogue. Thanks for the icing on the cake. Once again, great job!
308 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »