Reviews for The Decline of Scottish Sea Power
The General G of K chapter 3 . 10/16/2007
Just when I thought your writing couldn't get better, you add those flawless talking heads about drowning, courteousy of Dwight and Jim. Seriously? I laughed for like fifty years. Drowning in the office, lol.
The General G of K chapter 2 . 10/16/2007
"...to become a... bigger hero."

Jack, you have accomplished something great besides making me giggle crazily. You have written a...better chapter.

*giggle* The 'butt' of the boat, lol.

Hmm...interesting. A Darryl/Toby aquaintenceship. For some reason, I can see them getting along very well.

Anyway, as always tres magnifique! Times a billion. Off to chapter 3.
The General G of K chapter 1 . 10/13/2007
Okay, so what isn't great about this chapter? Um, absolutely nothing. I mean, the closet callback, the YouTube video centered on Giles/Willow with that SONG! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jack, I've never laughed harder in my entire life. Why is everything you write GENIUS? It's almost not fair to those of us who attempt genius but completely fall short in comparison to beauty like THIS.

My only regret is that I didn't find this story earlier.
Friar Freaking Lawrence chapter 5 . 6/8/2007
OMG, THIS IS SUCH A GOOD STORY! it's so good, u sound like the actual show! UPDATE SOON!
young for eternity chapter 5 . 5/25/2007
haha. i have to say my favorite line so far is "three-way! awesome!"

i love it. keep up the good work.
Aracalien chapter 5 . 5/17/2007
Wow. Halarious- can't wait for the next chapter
T0M Serv0 chapter 5 . 5/13/2007
Nice new chapter, though the funny part that got me going was Dwight's stupidity that anyone in the boat will remain on it long enough to revolt to eating one another's flesh. That's Dwight for ya.

~Snuffie
I Heart Edward Cullen chapter 5 . 5/12/2007
O-ho! Check out the pluggage! How low of you. XD Having to resort to using your own previous ideas to illustrate a point instead of taking ages to think up new ones that will never be fully expanded upon...

You know, I could kind of relate with Andy's last talking head. I kind of do that too, plop in front of the boob tube with a DVD box set when I'm bummed. Usually the Office. Occasionally Trigun (because it's the only other box set I own and at risk of sounding like Dwight). Nothing cheers you up better than ancient, nonsensical anime. Hell yeah.

But that there is some class A awkwardness. I bet it's just biding it's time, waiting for all the big players to retire out of the big leagues, training, sweating, bleeding, until it's time for it to come back and take the championships by storm and prove itself to the world.

And Andy's last line- perfection.

And sorry for forgetting to review on the last chapter. _
Cousin Mose chapter 5 . 5/11/2007
"Pam handled the joke like an itchy sweater." How much do I love that image? Yeah, a lot.

But I have to say that my favorite part of this chapter is the allusions to other classic Jack stories-the Queen tribute band, the Oz play... just fantastic stuff. So often these stories are written in their own self-contained universes, but you are not afraid to link them and cross reference them. I salute you for that.

But does that mean that the "Dunder Mifflin: After the Bomb" story that started it all is where this is all heading? Should someone warn the Dunder-Mifflinites of the chaos that is headed their way?

And what does it mean when your Office universe seems more real these days than the one presented on television?

My thinking is very uptight on this subject, man. I need to re-watch the Big Lebowski and relax.

Excellent work, my friend.
Verity Kindle chapter 4 . 5/10/2007
I can't wait to see how the gallant Scranton crew handles the Snark and Captain Blood over there.
Verity Kindle chapter 2 . 5/10/2007
"Thank you," Jim croaked, understandably concerned.

Andy flashed a row of glistening Hammerhead fangs and, with the same pent-up hostility that Andy always brought with him said "you too are really my best friends."

It was then that Jim realized Andy was going to kill everyone on the boat.

"Thanks, Andy," he said. "We like you, too."

mental image. giggling uncontrollably. Thanks, HalloweenJack.

Verity Kindle chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
"Michael, trying to conceal how rattled he is behind false bravado: I am Captain Michael Scott, Master and Commander...

Thoughtful pause.

Michael: ...And a good friend. I recently acquired this noble vessel and I can only see it as being an advantage to this company. Why?"

Ah! So perfectly Michael!
Alex Wert chapter 4 . 5/10/2007
Great to see you back with another chapter of this... whatever it is.

I'm wondering about one thing though: Since you're referencing events from last episode and Spider-Man 3 which just came out last week or so, does that mean that when you started writing this fic that it was set in the future? You're like, twisting my reality, man...
Bookybookbook chapter 4 . 5/9/2007
Wow big twist there! Awesome! Love this it sounds so realistic. Update soon.
Cousin Mose chapter 4 . 5/9/2007
"Karen had obviously tired of Jim's sexual incompetence and had come him to learn how down was meant to gotten."

Oxygen! I'm gonna need some oxygen here! Jack, that has to be one of the greatest things I've ever read, in perhaps my favorite story of yours to date. and yes, I would love to know the backstory about Karen's obsession with Spiderman. Okay, so there's no costuming going on, but why do I have this feeling that silly string plays a large role in Karen's most intimate moments with Jim? The mind boggles at the thought.

Excellent work as usual, my friend. Every chapter you write serves to remind and inspire me that I have my own unfinished stories out there that at least three people are interested in. So, thanks for that as well.