Reviews for Standing
nninfae chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
Wow, that was rather sad... I think I prefer Jasmine with Hoji though. Never saw her with Tetsu, dunno... I think Jasmine and Hoji could be a wonderful couple and I feel sorry that he didn't even try... ;-; But why was Tetsu trying to make him be with his girl again? lol thanks a lot for this fic
iKiohri chapter 1 . 5/5/2010
Omg. Why?
Poor, poor Houji.
PhinalPhantasy chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
aww poor Hoji...I think if he could get out of that mindset, him and Jasmine would be a great couple.
Meg chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
So sad! Excellent work.
Blaze Productions chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
Wonderful story! Keep up the good work! ;D
the real vampire chapter 1 . 4/30/2007
Oh wow. What a lovely and sad story. Poor Hoji... I like the way you dealt with this and would love to see a continuation.
Destiny45 chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
Wow, this was such a great Deka story, and on a great topic too. I like how you addressed the different relationship Hoji and Testu each have with Jasmine; very insightful. Also the bit about vacation plans with Umeko and Sen was adroable. Props to Etapa for inspiring you. This was one of the best Deka stories i've read!
Etapa chapter 1 . 4/3/2007
I must have died for a moment and gone to heaven.

First of all... THANK YOU! I was so excited when you said you liked the idea of what I asked for, but I didn't expect it'd come so fast! :P Let's just say that I am a very, VERY, happy camper at this moment.

So, onto the story itself.

While reading this story made me really happy, the story itself was pretty sad. I could almost feel the pain coming from Hoji, how he's jealous to see Jasmine with someone who isn't him and shows regret for not having taken chances when he had the opportunity. What makes the story even more heartbreaking is that yes, Hoji is jealous and wishes he was the one with her, yet at the same time, he feels that there's nothing that he can really do or could have done, perhaps even if Jasmine and Tetsu hadn't gotten together, simple because he'd never be able to drop that one thing that makes his very being: a Deka.

I also loved the character work you did on each of the characters. It was totally like Hoji to not be able to wholly commit to anything that isn't his work, even though he knows that such dedication comes at a high price. Jasmine and Tetsu were also very in-character with the series (including the fact of Tetsu being the second least perceptive person because he's naive, LOL).

Two other things I liked were the brief description of the history that Hoji and Jasmine share, and of course, surprise surprise, the mention on Sen-chan and Umeko's relationship and them discussing future plans. The former because it's a scenario that I could totally see for Hoji and Jasmine and the statement "the one...who had always been there" couldn't be any more true when it comes to those two. As for the latter... well, it's Sen-chan and Umeko we're talking about :)

Overall, I loved it! I had such a wonderful time reading this. Thank you so much for writing it! :D