Reviews for Enough
MidCircleNine chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
Okay. I need to go find a dark corner so I can curl up and die now. You nearly reduced me to tears, and I am someone who when her four year old cat went out and never came back, never cried a drop. And I love that cat.

There is always something so devastingly beautiful about the relationship between Remus and Tonks, and it's usually because of Remus' efforts to be noble and upstanding and just going about everything in a sort of meandering good-citizen way. It's hard for me to describe accurately, which is most probably the cause for my fascination with it. (Other than Remus simply being one of my all-time favourite literary characters ever created..) I have an easier time simply sticking to Remus and getting inside that aspect of the situation.

I think what makes it so curl-up-in-a-corner-and-die depressing is the brilliant use of juxtaposition. All happy and cuddly and warm-fuzzy with the Valentine's Day and the kissing, and then dead, gone, and over. Something literally sinks inside you, falling down to a depth to die.

Agh. I need to go find the most sickly piece of fluff I can find. Cavity-inducing fluff levels are required in such extreme cases of angst.. I'll probably have to go to another fandom to find it, considering that one usually needs to take their happy pills before coming to visit Remus and his merry bunch of war heroes..

;)

Brilliant story though. I'd read it again in a heartbeat.
Bardlover chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
Very nice HBP ficlet.
SuGaRLiLy chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
I love reading your work, so I was excited to see that you'd posted something new. It was certainly angst-ridden, but brilliant all the same. Poor Remus- I feel like he always gets the short end of the stick. Nice job on this! ]
alix33 chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
"baked beans on toast for dinner" - this muggle had that over the weekend, and she is very glad that even wizards like it!

"It’s why he leaves her, in the end, even though it breaks his heart to do it. She says that they can make it work, that she loves him and she knows he loves her, and that some mission, even if it is with feral werewolves, doesn’t change that. But, achingly tempting as her offer is, he can’t accept it, however much he longs to, because he knows that she deserves more. She deserves someone who doesn’t need to try to be enough." - what a terribly sad ending, though I get his reasoning!

And I'd have Remus, but only to order him very sternly to go back to Tonks, and to grovel most abjectly when doing so!
maraudersSBTJ chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
i like... its really sweet.
ishandtwofourths chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
oh, that last line was like a punch to the gut. sigh... well, although it was depressing, it was also beautifully written. so i suppose i can't exactly thank you for cheering up my day, but i'll still thank you for posting another lovely fic, as always. ;)
36 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3