Reviews for REAL
HeathRowTottie chapter 2 . 1/4/2014
Oh my word! What a poignant and heart warming little tale. Really beautiful.
bogoalexea chapter 2 . 7/23/2009
This is o so sweet!
bogoalexea chapter 1 . 7/23/2009
The way you started it is pretty original! Good work!:)
Dimac99 chapter 2 . 4/29/2009
Very sweet and touching.
reindeergames chapter 2 . 10/3/2008
What a sweet story. The velveteen rabbit is one of my favorite and I like the idea odf Bobby liking it too.

Just great!
Tracey Claybon chapter 2 . 8/24/2008
I had to comment on this story - for me, my "velveteen rabbit" was a 1968 version Snoopy my mom got for me the year before she got sick and had a stroke and aneurysm when I was 7; she'd also given me a book of Peanuts cartoon called Peanuts Classics and those two things were among a very few things that I got to keep from childhood when everything went to h*ll in a handbasket after her illness...

Thanks for one of the most touching stories that I've read anytime, anywhere - you reminded me that I need to go find my Snoopy and hug the stuffing out of him again...

T
Blue Wolf2 chapter 2 . 6/13/2008
I really enjoyed reading this. I feel you described what their relationship would be like if they got together perfectly. I loved the idea of both of them going through the other's things to learn more about them. The stuffed animals that meant the most to them was touching.

Keep up the great work!
Cpt.Tina chapter 2 . 4/30/2007
I'm not going to start this with "I'm going to be honest with you..." because that would just sound way too harsh. But when I was seeing that short title and equally short description in the stories list I wasn't particularly tempted to read this. - Now, having read it I think I can see why you saw fit to keep it short.

Actually I have to admit I was in tears at the end of part 1. You described Bobby's visual journey through Alex' stuff with so much emotion and care it was downright touching... Especially the part, of course, where Bobby handles little Lassie so unbelievably careful. I also liked the way you started both parts in the same scheme, with the pillows placed in each others arms and all the watching. *smile* I loved the idea with the medals Alex finds and of course the book and 'Blue'. You described the little cat with as much care as she handles it and puts it back to 'his' place. :)

Reading your style of writing ran smoothly for me and in my opinion you displayed and exceptional creativity and emotional insight.

So now, before I start filling the whole page: Thank you VERY VERY MUCH for this awesomely touching piece of writing.

- I just wonder if stories become real too, if they are loved... -
ethelbertina chapter 2 . 4/23/2007
Really lovely. Thought back to these chapters the other night as I was watching "The Posthumous Collection." There's something about Spencer's broken marbles that resonates for Goren...

and his admission at the end that 'abuse always finds a way to make itself known...'

I think you're on to something...

anyway... enjoying these little snapshots a great deal!

effie
TrinityWildcat chapter 2 . 4/10/2007
Aw... I loved this. Your fic is so romantic and moving. It's great to see it on this site.
kateBA chapter 2 . 4/9/2007
What a wonderful chapter, as wonderful as Alex's sharing was Bobby's is even more interesting and simply said heartbreaking. I am glad that you decided that you were up to the challenge and tackled it.
BookWorm37 chapter 2 . 4/9/2007
Wow. Very moving piece. Bobby must have had something like Blue to hold on to his sanity and consious during his childhood.
The Confused One chapter 2 . 4/9/2007
Aww. That's just amazing. Absolutely beautiful. :) Fabulous work. I can't say enough good things about this story. It was just fabulous. And I can see it all perfectly. :) The ending was perfect. :)
Clue Impaired chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
That was terrific. I really liked that one.
RoadrunnerGER chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
I like the humorous and colorful way you describe all the small details. Bobby's guessing and Alex' reactions are cool.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter.