Reviews for The Way We Are
topsy krets chapter 21 . 5/25/2013
i found this and i've been reading your story since yesterday while i was waiting for some updates.

it was worth the read. awesome story. great job for this author-san. *two thumbs up, all hands down.*

its just sad that the last UPDATE was FIVE YEARS AGO. damn. sorry for the caps. I am sincerly hoping and praying that this isn't drop yet (i dont really want to keep my hopes up though. T-T )

why is it that good stories like yours were always dropped? such a waste if you ask me.

anyway, i really hope you update this though. hoping to read an update sometime soon i guess. will be crossing my fingers till then. :)
jo-Kaon17 chapter 6 . 2/17/2012
loving it so far...:)
vampangelus chapter 21 . 2/7/2011
wow..love it... looking forward to it.. hope u update soon...
Akira Sasaki chapter 21 . 4/1/2010
Wow... I really love how this is going...

My favorite part would be listening to Shizuru's side of the story... why? Because it's so in character... and I feel like I can really hear her character speaking out. :D

Not that Natsuki's not amazing in character either... xD

You're awesome.

Anyway, just curious, but are you basing this off of the manga or anime?

It seems like a very accurate retelling of the events in Mai HiME.

I'm looking forward to future updates!

-Akira
Indiobotod chapter 1 . 11/13/2009
I love this fanfic! the povs of shizuru and natsuki... things that are not shown in the anime but only if they did, they will get tons of money back because there's a lot of shiznat fans than their main protagonists! hope you'll update this one soon! ganbatte until the end of this story!
Maen3 chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
I really love this story and hope that you'll continue it someday! Please ]
KiyoDuran chapter 21 . 8/3/2009
Wow it took a long time to read all of that. _ I loved it! My-HiME is one of my favorite anime so going through the series again like this, but with a focus on my two favorite characters instead of Mai was a lot of fun. And I think the interaction between Natsuki and Shizuru has been really well written.

I especially loved getting to see them from before the first episode begins. I'm a sucker for great ShizNat moments and this story is full of them. _

All that being said - it's been over a year and a half since the last update right? I really hope you haven't given up on this story because some of the best episodes for delving into these two characters are yet to come. Shizuru finally gets to protect her precious person. And they spent days in hiding while Natsuki recovered, so there had to have been plenty of chances for conversations that the series didn't bother to show. Even if Natsuki was unconscious for a lot of them, there is still a lot to talk about.

And of course there's the aftermath of the Carnival to deal with...

I like your story "Final Distance" but honestly, I like "The Way We Are" even more and hope to see it continued at some point.
Wolvenkite chapter 21 . 7/14/2009
this is a good story. i hope you will update it.
VanillaSlash chapter 21 . 9/9/2008
Where has this fic been all of my life? Brilliant! The whole thing is just wound right in with the canon series! Great work! Shizuru's instructions to keep Natsuki safe with Kiyohime was really sweet.
Aiko Takumi chapter 7 . 9/7/2008
major plot start!

i really liked this story thus far, so i decided to drop a review. We've never really seen the beginnings of the ShizNat relationship, and I really liked how they began in this story. Natsuki has really developed in opening up to Shizuru, but she still retains her stubborness and stays in char. which is good. :D

Shizuru too, i get to see the side of her when she's with Natuski and no facade. :D i really liked that.

whenever i read shiznat fics, i always like to thoroughly analyze the characters, and take the type of story in consideration as well. and your writing style is pleasant to read.

i hope you continue this story.

- A.T
kryuzei chapter 21 . 8/4/2008
01-11-08 . .? Is it more than a month ? ;

Well, at least you still update it before. .

Anyway, great chapter. I know it's a Natsuki P.O.V, but still. . The way you missed the MiyuxAlyssa snow scene is just saddening. At least for me xD

I hope you still gonna continue it and bring out more great chapters xD
Shazu chapter 21 . 6/16/2008
wow, i like the way you've wrote this, and how you've made Shizuru and Natsuki into the central characters in this fiction, it makes it worth waiting for XD i can't wait to read the next chapter, update soon please :]
BOOGIEBEARLOVE chapter 21 . 5/27/2008
please update soon!i love this fanfic!
Ushiromae chapter 21 . 5/19/2008
So good! I love the inclusion of Shizuru's POV during the story. (: And I love how she has gradually fallen more and more in love with Natsuki. Plus all of the little hints in the story are awesome. Please continue.
TweekinTinkaToy chapter 10 . 3/20/2008
Once again I'm not studying and reading your story! And this is all I have to say, your Shizuru is badass...actually I've always felt Shiz was the coolest character, because not only is she amazing but she also has the freaking coolest element out of all the HiME, although Mikoto and Midori come close...It's rather exciting that it seems Shizuru is able to summon kiyohime so early on in your story, and that she totally owns Nagi...

I also have to applaud you on Shizuru getting so close to Natsuki and then having Natsuki push her away. To me it is far more realistic for someone to fall deeply in love with a close friend as you have portrayed then to fall in love with someone that deeply at a distance. The kind of love your Shizuru has just seems to sneak up on you, and you only realize it when you're 10 miles out to sea with no land in sight so to speak, there is nothing you can do but accept it. Overall I feel you've portrayed that element very well...that and Shizuru's trip to the manor, I really enjoyed that incite to her past.

It was cool to get a response from you, and yes I believe quartz can come in green and red, and I'm sure you could find the two colors fused together, although it would be rare, the colors come about due to different pressures and temperatures, so to get two colors is rare indeed, and I would suggest that instead of the ruby emerald combination. Also termoline can also can come in red fused with green and is actually quite beautiful.

Anyway, I'll be reading more tomorrow, I'm super stoked!