Reviews for Strange Bedfellows
zhouhua00 chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
When I think about Ennis's life after Jack, I feel so horribly sad. When Jack was alive Ennis lives for those rare fishing trips together, when Jack is gone he lives for the dreams so they could be together again. From the way Ennis smokes and drinks so heavily I had the feeling he is not going to live long, and when he finally fell sick he is not going to fight for his life - he will welcome death as he finally could be reunite with his lover. Ennis is dead when Jack is dead, the rest of his life he just waits for his body to join his soul. Horribly sad story.
rlh03 chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
Trekfan12, here it is 18 months later and I find this delightful story. I like your take on how Ennis lived on till he finally joined Jack forever on Brokeback Mountain. It really makes no difference to me if people believe in the super-natural or the afterlife. Sometimes I'm not absolutely sure of myself. But two things I'm sure of in this story - Jack and Ennis' love for each other was so strong Jack had to comeback, and in doing so Ennis was able to find some peace and contentment for the rest of his life. Thank you for a great story (and yes, there was a tear or two). I see there are more on fanfiction already to keep me busy. Best wishes for your future, and give us more. Richard/rlh03
MaisaG chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
This one made me cry! Really nice work.