Reviews for Fairy Tale
whatdotheydream chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
It's really beautiful. I like the line arrangement.
kinanbon x3 chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
dark, yet the message beyond the tale is there...i love it

~kia
Account Vacated chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
Wow.
Delia Anole chapter 1 . 5/29/2010
Wow... That was so sad. I must say, though, that this was really quite a new look on Cinderella. I love the way you explained her death. I go to my father... I can just imagine the cruelty in the way she went to her father. Really good...
Morgan Sakana chapter 1 . 10/30/2009
Oh, wow. TT-TT So sad! But an amazing poem! Normally, I don't pay attention to poems that don't rhyme, but this is just too well put together to ignore. I hope that doesn't offend you or anything. I'm not saying it's bad. It's amazing! I could never write like this! ]

Keep on rockin'!
ScarlettLovesRhett chapter 1 . 7/8/2008
I like it keep it up:)
Mallory Van Helsing chapter 1 . 4/24/2008
hey! Really nice poem. i really liked it even thought it was dark and kinda creepy. I liked the topic b/c i agree with your author's note about the children being abused. It is a horible topic that i've wrote many articles for my school paper about. I think your poem was very good and i liked the way you wrote the stanzas with starting and edning with the same two lines, very creative.

~Mallory VH
Isabelita Rox chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
That is very cool. Neat idea and how sad. You are a most talented writer
Siren Calling chapter 1 . 10/24/2007
Woah. That packed an emotional punch... Made me want to cry, but I liked it! It's a pity that no one can figure out how to create stanzas... Stupid computer and it's imposing format... Oh well... (oops. I'm rambling. So sorry.) But even without the stanzas the poem was still good!

I'm glad I found it. ]

~~Lady of the Mirror
WickedNut chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
I read a lot of depressing stories. This one was very good, for a poem. I love how you expressed Cinderella's feelings, and how dark it was. I feel really bad for the way Cinderella is treated, and when she dies. We never really know what Cinderella thought, do we? They gloss over that part in most of the fary-tales. I almost cried at the end of this, when I realized what happened.

But did her stepfather killed her (which seems likely), or did she kill herself (less likely).

Thanks! Keep writing!
Areida Rivers chapter 1 . 6/7/2007
Anne... I am VERY impressed.

You have got the whole "cutsey" writing thing down pat. Anything Disney, Jane Austen or fairy tale related - you're good to go. Sweet characters, happy endings, amusing plots twists - you are queen.

So for me to see you write something dark and frightening, and to do it so well, is very impressive. I'm not saying I want you to go off the deep end and write only dark pieces from now on, but I found this poem to be a very welcome change of pace. Who knows... maybe pretty soon you'll be able to do dark and cutesy in the same story...?

Again, VERY nice work! I'm adding this to my favorites, and into my fairy tale C2.

- Areida
piratesswriter chapter 1 . 5/10/2007
Oh. There were some chills running down my spine... seriously, it was that good. The repetition really drove the point home. Good job and God bless those women out there who have to live in silence for fear of screaming.
Aphrodite Incarnate chapter 1 . 4/13/2007
Very interesting spin on the Cinderella story! I find it quite refreshing, the way you give Cinderella an abusive stepfather rather than just some overbearing stepmother. I feel I can actually pity the girl in your poem – it’s easier for me to sympathize with a girl who’s beaten by her cruel stepfather rather than one bossed around by some lazy old woman who for the most absurd of reasons cannot afford to dirty her own precious white hands and wash the dishes herself. _~ Poetry isn’t exactly my forte either, and so I cannot offer the best critique, but I will say that I think you did a pretty good job, considering the limitations of all those horribly complicated rules that bar you from writing virtually anything!
Serser chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
wow, htat was...different..i liked it, doesn't make for light reading, but it's good . a new take on things. will you be doing it for other fairy tales? that might be fun to read.
onwingsofsnark chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
Sad girl! My goodness! Terrible life!

At least she's in a happier place (however cliché that might sound)

~Nixie