Reviews for Chosen Empire
Gamermon chapter 36 . 12/9/2012
Had a little problem with TK dying but still loved the story overall
Nessy09 chapter 36 . 2/22/2012
I just read this for the second time and yet again it made me cry and smile and had me hooked for the past two days. I'm absolutely in love with all your original characters especially Fion and Masahiro 3
Kanamiko chapter 36 . 12/18/2011
I found this to be a well-written fic with compelling OCs and many genuinely moving moments. That said, it suffers from one major flaw that I feel compelled to point out: it should have been just an Adventure/Tamers crossover. I say this because I like Frontier, and when I read a fic by an obviously good writer, it's frustrating to see these characters underused and slighted in favor of those of the other seasons. Two of them die off-screen, and we are never told how or why, whereas Kenta's death, for example, is described in detail and called back to several times, and Ken and Miyako even get a flashback. Tomoki has almost no presence in the story, save for his static romance with Ai, and is largely absent for the final battle. I wish you had provided more details on the mind control, because it leaves a sour taste when, after watching Takuya sacrifice himself in a really heartbreaking scene to be rid of it, everyone else just snaps out of it after someone "reminds them." It's kind of implied that Takuya's brainwashing was stronger, but the main impression is that he can't live with the guilt of what he's done. When an entire episode of the series was dedicated to showing that Takuya would never give in to doubt and guilt so long as his friends were in danger.

For that matter, you do know that the spirits have their own sentience and don't necessarily die along with the children, and can even be passed on to another warrior, right? What made you decide not to include Susanoomon in the grand finale?

I'm guessing you don't really like this season. That's fine. But don't include the characters if you don't care about them enough to use them well. It detracts from the work as a whole, and prevents the people who love these characters from being satisfied with the conclusion. It's sad because if not for that, "Chosen Empire" would have been one of my favorites.
Stelra Etnae chapter 36 . 3/27/2010
Wow. Awesome story!

I love the character relationships throughout the fic, from their meeting to their strengthening friendships and more. It's sad that the earlier pairings couldn't get together, but I'm glad they found happiness in the end nevertheless. Quite a few unexpected marriages, though. _

Keep up the great work in your future works!
RazenX chapter 36 . 12/28/2009
Beautiful Ending. Its good to know they get a happy ending (albeit a slightly bittersweet one) after all the hardship. Truly a great story: dark, well written, and epic. I give it a 10, well done.-RazenX

P.S.-I know this may be a lot to ask, but can I have a favor? (it involves some of the characters in this story)
penguindan333 chapter 36 . 12/25/2009
yes another christmas present. It was a good epilogue and you ended right, maybe not the way everyone wanted, but right because they don't belong with each other if they are from different worlds. Great job on the story its one of my favorites on the site.
thebestwillcome chapter 35 . 12/1/2009
This has been one of the best fanfics I've ever read, seriously. I can't believe it's already over though (besides the epilouge, of course). It's sad that Ai and Tomoki, and Iori and Shuichon, have to be seperated, but...at least they're still alive. And the thing with Nasagi suprised me...I had actually thought he might die at the end, but the thing with Iori took me be suprise. Thanks so much for writing this story!
mangagirl18 chapter 35 . 11/27/2009
Wow, that was both sadder and happier than I'd anticipated. O_o

I liked the ChiyokoMakoto thing, but I was slightly shocked and surprised by Shuichon's actions, though it doesn't really seem out of character.

But I really hope for a happy epilouge with lots of cute kids as products of all those couples.

Can't wait please update soon!
penguindan333 chapter 35 . 11/24/2009
wow. i just found out about this story a day ago and read it all as fast as i could and wow. its definitly one of the best storys i have read and even thought i only watched the adventure and adventure 02 i still loved the characters. Iori is always one of my favorites in a story and i liked the way you mad him appear in the story. great job(can't wait to read the epilogue)
RazenX chapter 35 . 11/24/2009
Great conclusion. The ending was touching, like many other moments in this story. You have done a great job with this one. Can't wait for the epilogue.
ThatGirlRommu chapter 35 . 11/23/2009
You made my day Kaze. That was beautiful to the point that I'm sort of cherishing the last words of this story. I'm reminiscing a bit, all the way back to a few years ago when you were still devolping the characters. You've come along way my friend.

I hope you feel it was worth it.

Because from what I have seen, you've grown as a writer.

I can't wait for the epilogue. I want to see how you end this. Will it be happy, sad, or a mixture?

Great job, and well done for coming this far! Does it make sense for me to admire the fact that you're actually finishing it?

Love you too, and the work you create. Write more!

~Romainu
The Sushi Monster chapter 35 . 11/23/2009
Wow, I honestly can't believe this is really almost over! I am currently mad at you for ruining Iori/Shuichon, but this was so pretty! I still don't even know who's who, but whatever, I love this. Especially with the bucket-loads of angst. :D
mangagirl18 chapter 34 . 11/21/2009
So sad, yet so amazing! I never got around to reading this chapter before you changed the last bit, so I wasn't affected by it. Even though it was abit of a cliffie, it was kinda, I dunno, beautiful. I can't wait for the next chapter!

I like how you gave all the original chosen, Ultimate level Digimon. I had to look up Hououmon though, pretty cool one. Dracmon is just scary in any form except maybe for wolf form (name escapes me at the mo') that's kinda cool. I never could look at Dracmon and not feel uneasy.

Anyway great chapter, AWESOME fic!
Awesomeness chapter 34 . 10/4/2009
I totally love it and I want to read the rest.
TheMaudlinEffect chapter 34 . 7/31/2009
Nice chapter again!

War scenes are superb! Hats off!