Reviews for Out of the Dark
manga-animelove chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
This was awesome... D one of the best darkshipping fic I've ever read... )
Shakuhachi Jade chapter 1 . 5/27/2009
Yami in a hood…That made me smile. D So did "flames raspberried."

I agree with Jensti – writing in present tense is, for some reason, very difficult to do through an entire story. (I always end up writing in past tense and screwing the whole thing over...) You pulled it off, though. Great story on the whole!

Darkshipping is my *favorite* YGO couple. But even though you said you didn’t care for it, you did a wonderful job on keeping both of them in-character. Your Bakura was positively and deliciously evil. I loved the line at the end: "This is an expert of the dark ways, as he'd gladly tell you himself." M, perfect... faved

~;~Shaku
Yami-no-Hikari-7 chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
Wow! That was really good! I loved it! _
Cassandra Cassidy chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
For someone who wouldn't normally write this pairing, you write it remarkably well. :D I really like the style and tone of this, with the flashbacks involving both points of view, and that bit at the end was fabulous. You write Bakura the way I always wish I could - scary and twisted.

My favorite part of the whole thing, though, was this line: "Concentrating as he never has before, he conjures up images of his friends, of his best monsters, of faces that he cannot place outside of fuzzy dreams." That description captures his way of dealing with things so perfectly... Love it.

Hope you don't mind if I add this to my favorites. :)
Asj Johnson chapter 1 . 4/12/2007
This reminds me of my story... But different. Well, the door thing seriously reminds me of Kaiba’s experiences in the Noah Saga, so it’s not the most creative... It’s very nicely detailed, though. I can see and feel the things taking place in the story. I like how you have both of their perspectives in the memories. It’s a nice touch.
Lady Psychic chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
Wow! I really like this story! It has a unique style and the characters seem to be in character.
Carry On chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
I absolutely loved the plot and the style this story is written in! The switch between POV's is smooth, unlike a lot of what I've seen, and the characters speaking in them are in character. Finally, several of your descriptions are very unique, one of my favorites being: "He's pale enough that he could lead travelers through a fog, and so soaked in sweat that he may have just been pulled up from the bottom of a lake".

Even though your story didn't change my dislike for Darkshipping (I find it 99% impossible), it made reading the pairing enjoyable. I can't wait to read more from you in this contest.
Jensti chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
You did a really good job with this - especially if you weren't particularly taken with the pairing. As ever you have experimented with your style and form and the result is a great success. I really enjoyed the way that the POV switched to and fro and I always enjoy stuff writen in present tense for some reason - although it's difficult to do consistently. Your description of the pain is really well done as is your characterisation of Bakura.

Jen
Higuchimon chapter 1 . 4/4/2007
Wow...that was really good. Poor Atemu. It's got to be hard to have a memory that swiss cheese would feel whole compared to. This was a really good story, and I enjoyed reading it. :)