Reviews for A Benevolent Punishment
madeleine.byers chapter 15 . 7/8
This story is great so far I love it.

Questions: where is the dark mark? Is voldermort dead and it disappeared? What happened to Emma that she would be found with head trauma? Is someone watching them?

So many questions. My biggest question is whether this story is abandoned or not?
I hope not I really enjoyed reading what there is so far
YellowAsphodel chapter 15 . 5/30
I loved the reference to Occlumency and was pleasantly surprised that he seems to have attended Lily's wedding? All that talk of future science club activities and Emma and Alan spending more time together to find out where she's from has made me terribly curious. I do so hope that you intend to update this story, please! And indeed, WHO would modify their memories that way and would cause Emma to land gravely injured in a deserted country road? Rouge death eaters? Did Emma or the Order modify Alan's memories? Since he was not injured, I suppose it wasn't death eaters? Who? and why? I really, really, would like to find out! Thanks so much for this fic! It's a rare gem of a story! I'm enjoying reading it so much!
YellowAsphodel chapter 14 . 5/29
Well, this was enlightening chapter. London et environs for Emma's home town it is! I thought she would also recognise railway stations along a line north to Scotland?
In keeping with the recurring Victorian thereof this story I think bridge or engine design could be something for Tupper? I'm curious as to how the next chapter plays out, I see that it's the last one, but the story's not complete?
YellowAsphodel chapter 13 . 5/29
Poor Alan, all these unsettling visions...
YellowAsphodel chapter 12 . 5/29
Ah, things are gaining momentum!
YellowAsphodel chapter 11 . 5/29
Alan somehow reminds me of Descartes, finding that all he thought he knew/was taught from his youth on could not be trusted. Emma calling was a scene that made me happy for them. And Alan plotting Mr Hanscomb's downfall... I can't wait to see what that entails.
YellowAsphodel chapter 10 . 5/29
Alan, Emma and John Tupper in his office really made me happy. Someone at least cares:-)
YellowAsphodel chapter 9 . 5/29
Ah, Alan saw himself in Tupper? Any books on memory, huh? Wonder what Alan will make of this?
YellowAsphodel chapter 8 . 5/29
I absolutely love the way you write about Emma and Alan's predicament at the school. It's fascinating seeing the scene being set.
Will emma get in on the fact that school funds are being abused and work with Alan on it? Would be an exciting avenue I didn't see coming.
YellowAsphodel chapter 7 . 5/29
How would Alan have known how to pick the principal's lock? I'd be interested in knowing more about the emery behind that. I'm looking forward to what will happen with the files about the school funds Alan photocopied!
YellowAsphodel chapter 6 . 5/29
Aha, secretary at a country school! But Alan doesn't really do interaction with other adults in the school, does he?
The scene of Emma opening the gifts of her fellow residents really warmed my heart:-).
YellowAsphodel chapter 5 . 5/29
The shelves-above-door detail is reminiscent of Spinner's End. Alan's conflict between science and his brush with magic is intriguing.
YellowAsphodel chapter 3 . 5/29
(I had to laugh at "Alan"'s pronouncement that the new chairs in the staff room make him sick. I can identify with his being upset over the "fifty copies of Lovely Bones Loretta Finch ordered" instead of teaching "Shakespeare [which you placed in italics]". I've been complaining about that in school, and am complaining again now at uni during my trainee teaching placements for English.) I'm more curious than ever as to how Alan will piece the select past remembrances and the missing parts of his life together and how Emma will even begin to get there, having no memories left at all.
YellowAsphodel chapter 2 . 5/29
Yay, "Emma" woke up. But ofc I wonder how she and Snape will meet.
YellowAsphodel chapter 1 . 5/29
OmG, words cannot describe how much I love this chapter and what a wonderfull idea as well. Thnaks for this! I'll definitely continue reading this story:-) And I certainly don't mind the A/Ns.