Reviews for A Benevolent Punishment
dokucug chapter 15 . 5/5
A fascinating story! I do hope you will come back to it and finish it one day. One of the best I've read so far.
Light on the Horizon chapter 15 . 5/3
This is a brilliant story! I do hope you continue it someday, it would be great to see where you were planning on taking this.
Please continue this story! I need to know what happens within this epic ode to Harry Potter memory loss fanfics!
bookworm661 chapter 15 . 4/19
Another great story I can't wait to be updated.
authorlouise chapter 15 . 2/5
Please continue.
Snaperipper chapter 15 . 1/30
Please continue this story. I was really enjoying it.
Guest chapter 10 . 11/21/2014
Maths not math
Guest chapter 1 . 11/21/2014
I love your story, and I wish you would continue. I see it seems abandoned.

A few pointers, though: your style is too American. While I am not British, I studied in England, and I can easily say that it is not very unusual for teachers not to have cars or drive, especially in a village. A truck is also a very American word.

Also, students at Eton or Harrow are not particularly brilliant. I know many students from independent and public schools who are complete morons. The quality of teaching is of course generally superior in public and independent schools compared to comprehensives. Students from schools like Eton succeed mainly because of the rigour and discipline enforced in these (mostly) boarding schools, the fact their their parents come from supportive and wealthy families (thus creating a network at birth), and that they are trained to be ambitious, not because students are particularly clever or motivated.

The education in the UK is based more on reasoning than rote, so it is unlikely that Snape would care much for the exact value of the Avogadro's number than the understanding of the mole concept (sometimes, such information is provided in the question itself). Indeed, it is because of this that he derided Granger as a know it all, understanding and applying the knowledge as Snape demonstrated by modifying potions steps and creating spells, show talent and acumen as a student.

It may surprise some, but the American High School diploma is not accepted by the admissions offices of most UK unis for entry into their degree programme due to their low academic standards - mine didn't. Also, in the UK, exam systems are mostly standardised for all schools for school leaving qualifications like the A levels, IB, the Scottish A levels etc. (or NEWTS in The HP world), so the syllabus would be up to date and relevant.

That said, I (and many others) would love to see this story revived.
Newtinmpls chapter 15 . 9/29/2014
Beautiful writing; "so might the face of Moriatry-" wonderful, wonderful!
sorrowsown chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
If there is one story I miss, it's this one. i remember jumping up and down with excitement when there was an update. i would drop all other stories in order to hungrily devour the next chapter of this fascinating story. I'm not blaming you, or anything, I just wanted to let you know how much this story has meant to me, and to let you know that if you ever decide to continue this story, you will have a captive audience, eager to learn the conclusion of such a fascinating tale.
Nautical Acronym chapter 15 . 8/13/2014
Whenever I think of Snape/Granger fanfic I usually end up thinking about this fic, even 4 years after reading it. I read it back in 2010 and I have always longed to know its end.
I know that it can be hard to pick up work on a fic after such a long break, but I do hope you decide to give it another go. I always find myself trying to solve the puzzle of what happened along with Snape.
jensteed chapter 15 . 7/30/2014
I hope this story hasn't been abandoned, it's a great read and I hope you come back to it someday.
EmilyWoods chapter 15 . 7/29/2014
TOO BAD THIS STORY REMAINS UNFINISHED...FASCINATING...
EwigeStudentin chapter 15 . 7/9/2014
I really like what you did here. All their research efforts sound very natural and logical and it's obvious you gave the plot a lot of thought. It must have been hard to keep the duo in character in such a mundane, muggle setting, but you managed admirably. Snape's scathing monolog (...Do it... now! Lol) in the very first chapter was totally like the ole times :D happy sigh
It would be grand if you could continue this story, but even if you don't, it's been great fun as long as it lasted. Thank you!
ProfessorAziraphale chapter 15 . 5/5/2014
Oh... what a shame that this story hasn't been updated in many years! What a unique, fascinating, brilliantly written piece of fan fiction! I knew going into this that it wasn't complete. Still, can't help feeling so disappointed that there isn't any more. I really hope the previous flamers didn't put you off! Will you get around to updating/finishing this story some day? I do hope so. I am a fan. :)