Reviews for Observations
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 1 . 9/21/2011
Would love to see or touch a bear chested chocolate cover Logan. So sexy. But so cute that he was embarrassed to be shirtless.
Babyangel86 chapter 1 . 8/30/2007
ah... topless choclate covered logan... always a pleasure to imagine!

yum yum! :-)

good stuff.
Anime's-mistress chapter 1 . 5/12/2007
I love the thought of bare Logan, oh, and your story. HaHaHa. Nicely done. C:
Obsessed Pam chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
I've come to expect a good read from this author and I wasn't disappointed. Such a nicely written piece hinting at what will eventually develop in this relationship.

Loved it!

PAM
annie200 chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
The perfect Easter present. Yum!
shywr1ter chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
Ugh, late again to review! Sorry to be so slow.

Even if this didn't include chocolate and semi-nekkid Logan, it would be so enjoyable. Like some of the others have said here, I really, really love the opening. There are a couple reasons this is so nice: first, from a technical perspective, the use of Max's observation to allow a window into Logan's private moment is really great, and because it's Max, we're provided with an observation that is colored with a soft, affectionate aspect. So the set up itself is a great choice.

Second, also as has been said, this added character dimension of Max's, her habit of coming in to observe Logan, is so wonderful and fitting for her! With her cat-DNA-driven curiosity, her intrigue with Logan, her denial of her intrigue (which would make it all more likely she'd want to be covert if she's giving in to her fascination with him) and her training for intel- gathering, this behavior is just right for her. Even more, she knows he's hiding something of himself from her, and this allows her to see and appreciate it. All perfect!

So many lovely descriptions! Some favorites:

"...this gently glowing place looked exactly like what she imagined a home to be." More than just the *place,* Max? Given that she has been on a quest for family so long, home has to be a part of it, even if she doesn't realize it yet. Of course she'd note this aspect of his place, if she felt this way.

"...while he was furiously mistreating his keyboard in frustration..." Maybe my favorite line! The image is perfect and just a clever way of describing Logan in it.

"...a startled boss who hadn’t been fast enough to catch her for more deliveries..." My second favorite line- just these little observations are so great! This and the one quited above are so playfully affectionate about the whole little world of DA, and make reading your stories about all of them so enjoyable. Yay! (and the fact that this is all done in a language that is *not* your native language still leaves me so amazed. Just... wow. )

"...but she just couldn’t bring herself to disturb this strangely calming picture of Logan so at peace with himself." Yeah, who could? This is one of my favorite images of Logan, making a meal, the calm of it, doing something he does well with the confidence that he *knows* he does it well, something physical that's unaffected by his injury, something very sensual, what with the working of those beautiful hands... oh, heck, why did you have to stop him *there?* ;})

"While Max watched how his fingers fiddled with the sauce-soaked shirt, briefly lifting it as if considering using it as a cover, she wondered why Logan was so embarrassed." Nice, especially the image of Logan's finger's fiddling with the shirt in his awkwardness. Such an image!

"Perhaps, Max dared to consider, the very idea finally making her avert her eyes from Logan’s form, perhaps it even was because of her, because Logan wanted her to find him attractive, cared what she thought about his looks…" Ah, ya think, Max? So telling, that she's rattled by the hope that maybe it's what has him flustered! There's a sweetness in this that my little Pollyanna heart just loves!

"...she heard him snort in amusement..." And a happy ending in this early moment of their relationship!

So sweet, for far more reasons than just the chocolate! Not that I mind that *or* nekkidity, but I really do think I like the parts that came before even better!

Just Lovely... thank you for sharing! :*
gypsydoggy10 chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
Hey girl-terrific! Beautiful prose, and ... imagery!

Now I may need to go find a chocolate fondue:)

I like the way you completed the scene with her usual dry wit-a very clever ending.

Cheers!
Opusscurum chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
Ah, that was delicious! You caught the S1 atmosphere so perfectly. Wonderful despcriptions of... well, you know. *Sigh* such good M/L pieces are rare. You really, really, REALLY should write more!
BlueAngel137 chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
Absolutely beautiful piece!

I think it's not easy to undress Logan in Season 1 style without going AU - but you did and you did it great! It's always kinda nice to see embarrassed Logan ... and shirtless, embarrassed Logan ... Phew! :P

Favorites:

-...His kitchen was a warm, cozy island of light in the otherwise dark penthouse, drawing her closer with its aromatic smells. From Max’s hidden position – just past where the mellow light cut into the cold evening gloom that seeped in through the windows – this gently glowing place looked exactly like what she imagined a home to be. ...

(A great beginning! Actually, one of the best I've ever seen.)

-...She regularly used those moments for some seconds of silent observation. They were her only chance to see the other, unguarded side of Logan before it was covered up again by that tightly controlled and deceivingly placid version of himself which he considered safe for the world to see. ...

(Love that idea! The S1 relationship between those to was sometimes so complicated that it feels good to imagine Max watching the "real" Logan.)

-...Lifting his eyes from his stained pants Logan gave his chair a strong forward push that skidded to an abrupt stop at the realization that he wasn’t alone. For a second there was no reaction at all, only Logan staring at her as if suddenly finding himself confronted with an alien life form in his kitchen. ...

(LOL, can picture that perfectly)

THANKS for the beautiful easter present. Didn't even have to seek ;).
intstebri chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
oh! you had "made" my lunch time! I will always bless Lisa for having create AURLCO! I really appreciate "seeing" Logan pulling off his shirt! And, with all the little comments about them, you made it just perfect:

"..which he considered safe for the world to see"..

"..and a startled boss who hadn’t been fast enough to catch her for more deliveries..." like if he could!

"...maybe some treacherous emotion could escape his otherwise so tight control..."

"But something that wasn’t Manticore, and not heat-induced craving either, something she had not experienced before..."

"...paired with a blinding smile of which she hoped that it would put him into a forgiving mood..." Count on that!

"...and that if Sketchy had Logan’s well-developed upper body he would show it off proudly..." ( I was just thinking he was nevertheless proud ...? (!sigh! he's Sketchy!)

And all this was so real than I swear I had snorted before Logan when she had said: "I’ll take charge of the food" !

Thank you!
Jeanetteg chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
Well, that's a good eye opener for both of them. At least the chocolate wasn't hot...

Jeanette
lisa316 chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
I really enjoyed this ficlet for two reasons.

First and foremost, I love the way you got Logan out of his shirt! All shirtless Logan is nice, but cooking/shirtless/covered in hot chocolate sauce is REALLY nice. This story is AURLCO approved!

But even more, I loved this story because of the way you tell it. You have a way making your audience look at familiar characters with a fresh perspective. You always manage to find unique insight into their characters which, even though it never occurred to me before, seems totally plausible and logical and natural when I read it.

For example, I like the notion of Max sneaking into Logan’s apartment to spy on him. For her, it must be like recon, observing a new situation and gathering intelligence to be used at a later time. I also appreciate the idea of Logan wearing a constant mask in front of everybody, hiding anything personal that might crack his armor. You’re so good at “enhancing” your characters this way.

Other favorite parts:

“It had become a habit of hers to sneak in unnoticed when he’d paged her, or to come some minutes earlier when he’d asked her over for dinner, using all her transgenic stealth and training just to catch him unawares while he was furiously mistreating his keyboard in frustration over all the misery out there… or even sometimes just absentmindedly staring into empty space, leaving her to wonder if one day Logan would trust her enough to share his thoughts.” – I just loved the way you worded this, such wonderful insight into why both Max and Logan do the things they do.

“…if Sketchy had Logan’s well-developed upper body he would show it off proudly…” – sigh, pur.

And of course I adore the part where the shirt comes off. (But I think my preferences on the state of Logan’s attire are well known at this point.)

Thanks, Mari!
TigrouAngel chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
Oh Mari, it is wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

The best application so far and by far!

I really liked EVERY word in it, but I loved the beginning and how Max sees Logan's place as a sort of home.

It's great!