Reviews for Real Life Trek
Hz chapter 8 . 6/30/2018
Continue?
Neil Purling chapter 2 . 2/16/2015
There haven't been as many time travel scenarios as I would expect.
I wonder just how well some of the real Star Trek obsessives would handle being dropped aboard a genuine starship. I am thinking of the type that could tell you exactly where they are after being taken blindfolded to one spot on any deck whatsoever. Exactly like Kyle & Brandon in 'Galaxy Quest'.
How many would be able to cope with their situation. Joe has been lucky so far, but we have already seen the suicide of the unknown individual in the Cargo Bay. If more of these abductees are also using their love of Star Trek as a emotional crutch there's going to be problems in future.
Can the Professor as acting Captain make them all an effective crew.

At what point will anyone wonder just why there is a starship adrift like the Marie Celeste, except it appears to have never been inhabited until they arrived. When will the penny drop and they realise this is one of Q's little amusements?

The Professor is experienced US Navy Commander, though how well his experience on the ocean translates into performing the same role aboard a real starship remains to be seen.
However the Professor manages to mould the Trekkies into an effective crew they are eventually going to need to go somewhere. Could the Professor work out a course & could Joe manage to bring the warp drive on-line. I imagine there'd be some ferocious debate on just where they might go & I don't suppose a holiday on Risa is going to be their first stop.
No. You'd want to go home. To Earth. Just how attractive would the Earth of the 24th Century be anyhow to our 21st century people anyhow?

What will Q pit our friends against? It would have to be a test of their morals, not of their battle prowess.
Romulan Cadets would make mincemeat of them in a obsolete warbird.
What sort of situation would be a proper 'test' and where will the Enterprise fit into the story.
I look forward to seeing if the Prof can keep his crew safe and get his hands on Q's neck for what he has done to them.
IKickCommieAss chapter 8 . 11/29/2014
This is truely amazing and innovative, please continue!
Captain Kurt Hoffman chapter 8 . 11/9/2014
Hi there,

"I'm wondering where hope is right now."

A good question, friend. A very good question. Just remember, it's always darkest before the dawn.

I can only see one or two serious advantages to not being in Starfleet at the moment.

First, they are not bound by Starfleet/Federation rules and laws. If encountering a situation which legally might be difficult for, say, Captain Picard and his mob, they don't have to worry about that.

Next, they are anonymous. Nobody knows who they are, and their ship is not listed on any registry, meaning they are almost impossible for enemies to track.

I'm sure there's more to it than that, but that's what comes to mind at the moment.

I also hope Carrie and the MC continue to develop a friendship. That is just too cute.

justjoe chapter 8 . 11/5/2014
A unique and interesting story. I like the tone and the characters are recognizable as real people. No grammar or spelling errors noted. Well done.
Guest chapter 6 . 9/29/2014
Hi there!

Now that he is in charge of the watch for a few hours, the interesting bits start happening. That's how it usually goes, anyway.

Yashida chapter 5 . 9/26/2014
So nice of you to update!

As for them not being Starfleet being an advantage? I don't know, maybe that they are not bound to Starfleet rules then?

Thanks again for the new chapter!
Guest chapter 5 . 9/24/2014
A good start I can't wait to see the next chapter!
Captain Kurt Hoffman chapter 5 . 9/23/2014
Hi there!

First of all, let me say how overjoyed I am to see this story updated. SI stories are among my favorites if they are well done, and this one seems to be. I look forward to seeing it continue.

For the last bit of the chapter, it seems to me one of the reasons why not being Starfleet will serve as a large advantage is simply this. They are not bound by Starfleet rules, which can sometimes get a touch ludicrous. If they have to do something unorthodox or extreme to survive, they can.

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr chapter 4 . 6/5/2013
That was so sad!
Guest chapter 4 . 6/5/2013
I don't know if you still need someone, but I'll give you one anyways.

Name: Martha V. Blackhawk

Age: 23

Personality: Sweet, she is deAf though, so she doesn't have many friends.

Appearance: Short black hair, green eyes, and tall.

Occupation: She works at a dry cleaners, but has taken every kind of fighting or martial arts that she could.
Guest chapter 4 . 4/8/2013
Goodness! That was sad.
Guest chapter 3 . 4/8/2013
Ah, good ol' Picard!
Guest chapter 2 . 4/8/2013
War! Why?
So you said we could do character auditions, but I might be late, but I will try anyway. I shall give you two and only ask that you actually read my characters.

Name:Rebekah Eshther Frye

Gender:Female

Age:15

Specialties: Has memorized all the rules (prime directive, no starting wars, etc.) and all the battle strategies ever mentioned.

Apearence: 5'6'' blue-grey eyes, dirty blond hair, freckles.

Fav. Character(not that this will even be important): Q

Other: Seems to make friends very easy, could convince a Feringi that tin was more valuable than gold (a good negotiator).

Name: Joyce Anne Moss

Age:43

Gender: female

Specialties: Healing is her specialty.

Apearence: Long black hair, brown eyes, 5'11'' .

Other: good at putting two and two together, actual doctor. Has seen all star-trek episodes, but no movies.

Again, not that it matters, but fav. character: Worf, but likes Klingons in general.
SpaceHusband chapter 4 . 3/20/2010