Reviews for Circles
comprehensible theodicy chapter 1 . 2/11/2012
The hand scar from the castle stabbing thing should be here.

Also, what army? Japan's constitution means no army. Self-Defense Force is rather different. Not allowed to attack anything. They /can/ send peacekeeping forces to the kind of place where they get blown up, so I guess that's what happened.

Poor Ryou. He always got shafted.
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
Hmm. *Technically* speaking Japan doesn't have an army to join-we wrote it into their Constitution and everything-and therefore the circumstances causing Honda to die as a military pilot for the SDF will have been much more complicated than the circumstances allowing a similar event in America, who are always sending our sons off to die. They even managed to get out of sending people into Korea, and we sure as hell pressured them.

Also, I expected the invisible scar on Ryou's right hand to come up in this. Marks on hands, and all, and that was when he became one of them. He actually /died/ for them /twice/, in that debut storyline, though he was lucky enough to come back.

But good story, and good thrust. Nice stuff with Jonouchi. Poor Ryou. They were actually really awful to him later in the story.
Comicbookfan chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
Great job, very touching. I always imagined Honda joining the Army. I like how you spun a Ryou/Jonouchi friendship out of virtually nothing. It was very good.

Commi
Moon's-Wing chapter 1 . 5/24/2007
That. Was friggin'. AWESOME!

I does seem like that, if it werent for the 'Other Bakura' he might have been much closer to the group. I never really thought about this pairing before, but you made it work.
Ayuka Kathryn chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
Very nice. Very well written. The anime could have done a lot more with Bakura's character than they did, and I'm glad you did just that.
Higuchimon chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
Aww! That was adorable! Very well written, and it touches on things that really should be touched on more, in my opinion.