Reviews for Special Things 3: Cherished Torment
julianne chapter 1 . 18h
I've been enjoying this series of special moments, however I think you've mischaracterized jack in this piece. If Jack cared for Carter as much as you've shown in the past two fics than I don't believe he would have slept with Laira in just 3 months. I'm basing this opinion on how you have written his feelings for her which departs slightly from the show's depiction of their relationship or non-relationship. I also disagree with the common attitude of fanfiction writers that Jack could have told his teammates the truth in "Shades of Grey". He was under orders from his commander, the Asgard, and the Tollan to keep this only to himself. Obviously, the reason he was trusted above anyone else at Stargate Command is that he was the only person who was absent during the time period of the thefts. Therefore it would have been impossible for him to have been involved in the smuggling ring. Even though no one would believe that Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c were involved they were still suspects. So there was no way for them to be told the truth in this case. So I really hate the guilt treatment they lay on Jack in this episode. He not only exposed the thieves he also preserved Earth's relationships with their advanced allies. So there is no need for her to forgive Jack, it is unnecessary. She would have done exactly the same thing in his position but maybe not as convincingly since she doesn't have Jack's black ops training.
Dreamer22 chapter 1 . 6/30/2007
::sniff sniff:: well done
SJAuthor chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
Nicely done!

Very realistic, human, and in-character.
ARomanticAtHeart chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
Raw, insightful!, WOW!...
BettyHall223 chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
This was so good it almost made me cry. Good to see the emotional side of Sam instead of the tough soldier. Will be waiting for your next chapter.
BookWorm37 chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
Aw. I almost cried with this one. The emotion in it is just so raw and beautifully written. Superb job.

I always wondered how they got over those two 'little' potholes.
gater62 chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
That was very angsty! Good job!
nonhalema chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
Love it as always
Dreaming of Jack chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
WOw. Sad, powerful and hopeful too. Great story!
megmeyer chapter 1 . 4/5/2007
This series is very good! Poor Jack. It would have been extremely hard for him to do that! Thanks for writing it.