Reviews for The Life Fantastic
Kikuneechan chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
Absolutely beautiful. Just fantastic.
Virginie31 chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
Hello from France !

Xhat a nice story... I loved the part with the poem and I really liked the way this story was told.

Thank you for this good moment !
CYLi chapter 1 . 3/9/2011
Wow. Really good story. Fantastic portrayal of the Doctor. Fantastic indeed.
anemix chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
I always liked the tenth Doctor better, but this is a great tribute to the ninth. It's great.

(\/)

( . .)

c(")(")

BUNNY
Nyah chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
This was a really excellent read. I think you managed the difficult blend of emotion, confusion, and just perfectly compatible friendship that is Nine and Rose. Thanks very much for writing.
Nigiri Ashika chapter 1 . 3/9/2010
Brilliant. Sweet, amazing, beautiful. Exactly what I was looking for when I picked up my laptop yesterday and this morning and looked for a story that wasn't all about sex. Thank you.
Morelenmir chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
Oh, this is absolutely beautiful. I nearly cried at the end. I love your framing, beginning and ending with regeneration, and the differences between these two. Everyone was in character and this truely fit in perfectly with the events in Series One. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous story. 6 stars out of 5.
The Plaid Slytherin chapter 1 . 11/18/2008
This was simply lovely. I'm just beginning to get into the fandom (actually finished Season 1 today) so I especially loved re-experiencing everything from the Doctor's eyes, watching his feelings for Rose grow. I really enjoyed your insight into the Doctor's character. Your dialogue is also a strong point - I could hear the characters' voices in my head as I was reading. Wonderful story. I'm looking forward to reading more from you!
Star-of-Chaos chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
That was very good :-) Nine was emotional without being sappy.
blvdgirl chapter 1 . 9/18/2007
Excellent summation of Nine! Oh how I adore him. I love Ten, as well, but you know what they say about your first Doctor...
Uh.yeah chapter 1 . 9/10/2007
Oh God. I just wrote the longest, most detailed review for this fic and it just... disappeared. ARGH. Ok, I will try to re-create it somewhat, but it'll be tough...

Right, this fic is awe-inspiringly brilliant. Simple as that. Well, maybe not as simple as all that. Maybe I ought to expand on what I found particularly awe-inspiring, or just generally brilliant. Well. I loved how indignant Nine was, when he believed Jackie and Mickey would simply allow Rose to waste her potential. It seemed so in character with his protectiveness and his genuine *belief* in Rose. This bit, right here -

“Wish I could help, I wish I could help,” she murmured.

His voice was a hoarse whisper. “You do.”

-broke me a little. Just wanted to mention that.

I thought Jack's influence was marvellously handled - what with him provoking the Doctor with mentions of Rose's most noticeable habits. As well as the conversation between the two of them. That was seriously well done - the characterisations were spot-on, and the conversation carried us through the humour, tension and awkwardness brilliantly. I could see it happening, I really could... I love how every now and again you'd interrupt the Doctor's thoughts with... a statement of truth (I'm hoping you know what I mean there). Twas very effective. The inclusion of the poem was insanely clever and fit scarily well. So, much applause for that one.

I think you chose an awesome moment for the realisation that he *loves* her. Having it then, so close to the end, makes it all the more powerful and touching. As well as making the ending even more painful. But, what an ending. This sentence alone made me stop breathing, "What she would do-and has done, and is doing, and will do-for him." Really seemed to capture his emotions of the moment. And the whole thing was beautifully handled, from him healing her to waiting to reassure her before regenerating. It was all so touching. And the overall... cyclic (? Feel a wee bit iffy bout using that word, but I'm hoping you understand) nature of the fic was awesome in every way. I loved how it starts and ends with the regeneration, only lastly, he is no longer alone. It made me cry a little, I must admit.

Just... guh and wow and... yesh. A wonderful, FANTASTIC tribute to Nine. Because, yes, I've just decided that this is a tribute. Also, I apologise profusely if this review in any way alarms you. I tend to get quite seriously carried away when I read something I genuinely love. So... please don't be frightened. Just take it for the huge compliment that it is. Even if half this review makes no sense at all... :D
StorytellerSJK chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
My god. Now that... That was something. Normally I try to be more constructive in my reviews as I know nothing is more useless than a gushing fan boy but this time... It was good. No. It was fantastic. You captured it all perfectly. Everything about that wonderful season of television beautifully encapsulated in 9,684 words. Well done. Well done indeed.
Airys chapter 1 . 7/21/2007
Oh! I do love a good Dr Who fic, and this is exceptional!
Cellar Door 26 chapter 1 . 7/15/2007
I'm amazed by this fic. Not only by its length and consistancy, but the superb characterization and realness this represents. Never did the writing sound rushed, the people or situations forced, and when the doctor realized he loved Rose he didn't act like a love-sick teenager, even if he did feel like it.
Salienne de Lioncourt chapter 1 . 7/12/2007
Wow. Just... wow. I'm seriously struck speechless by this fic. It's not just a beautifully written fanfiction, it's a beautiful piece of writing. The prose, the portrayal of the characters, the scenes you chose-fantastic, to use a particular Doctor's favorite word.

Your protrayal of the Ninth Doctor, of Rose, of everyone is absolutely perfect, and you've made each and every one of them so sympathetic and so easy to relate to. You've included just the right details, and I absolutely adore the scene with Jack and the Doctor. The ending practically had me in tears.

Just... amazing job. Seriously.