Reviews for The Last Man Standing
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 1/4/2014
Well done.

I understand. This sort of story can be ... challenging. Difficult. It makes you think. Slaps you across the face with your own mortality. (More so in my case, given my age.) And you took it up and spun out the tale with a deft hand.

Raven's the one I see as being relatively immortal (see "Time for Reflection") but I can see where Vic could achieve something like that as well, especially given the tech advances we are seeing even now in real life.

Immortality is hard.

This story puts me in mind of a Susan Ertz quote:
"Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. "

How true. Cyborg has a lot of opportunity to think about that.
Dragon Halfling chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
umm i think ill do cyborg and terra then when terra gets trapped in the stone prison it goes 2 cyborg and bee but he'll never 4get her. how does that sound?
izzy lawliet chapter 1 . 4/27/2010
great story. you should write more teen titans shipping fics.
SPG inc chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
Nice, moving fic. BB and Rae's story was most touching for me.
piratechicka chapter 1 . 6/3/2009
Wow, I love-love this story! Its really sad though, but the emotion was portrayed beautifully. Keep up the great work, this is a great piece of writing!
Rubik's Cubed chapter 1 . 9/29/2008
Usually I don't really read let alone favorite stories containing BBxRae or RobxStar, but your fic was just that good. Besides, how could I not let Cyborg be given his due attention just because of a couple dumb pairings?
Toriano.Flacko chapter 1 . 9/6/2008
... it was good, for an angsty tragedy, dude. and yes, being immortal does suck major-

... this was good, even though... geez...
Shinigami-Virus chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
I liked it. I'm a ssoldier that just got back from iraq, and I lost alot of friends/aquanttainces over there... for some reeason or another this story spokee to me really well... Survivors guilt maybe? Jusst knowing what it is tto bbe the last of a group, I dont know... Thankyou, for this.
Peace Like a River chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
Wow. That was a really imaginative look on how they would all go out.

Dying like Robin or Starfire did, now that would be awesome. Terra, Raven, and BB, not so much. I felt horrible for Raven, especially. That note she wrote, with those three words, 'Not without him,' is the part that got me, I think. :-)

When I clicked this link, I had wondered which Titan you were going to use, and I'm glad you chose Cyborg. He's perfect for this story. And yeah, even though BB/Terra is canon, Cy/Terra is plenty believable, too. I dunno, their personalities just seem to fit together well, and like you put it, they probably wouldn't end up being as close as Rae and BB, or 'as lovey-dovey as Robin and Star', but it could definitely work. :-)

Anyways, this was really well-written. Sad in all the right places, and nostalgic in all the others. :-) Good stuff.

-PLR
Menamebephil chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
Wow, morbid much? Seriously though, I like it. And yes, Cyborg/Terra is all kinds of awesome. Someone should do that. I would, but I've already claimed 'The Butler', and it would be unfair to lift too many ideas from you.

MNBP
bbissocute chapter 1 . 9/11/2007
Very interesting...I really really /really/ Liked your BB/Rae section. Very nice. I must admit I was a bit thrown off at the Cy/Terra thing. It worked, dont get me wrong, and the story flowed together wonderfully, I personally think it was my extreme internal hate for Terra that threw me off. I guess I dont think She deserves Cy. Dont take my opinion to heart. I loved this. I have to check out your profile.

bbissocute
Mortal Guardian chapter 1 . 7/28/2007
I applaud this story; bitter about the losses, yet glad that Cyborg has another story dedicated to him. There are so few.

There is another option though that Cyborg could consider as a way to end his life - deactivation. Sure that is like (assisted) suicide, and perhaps the one thing keeping that from happening is Cy has no intention of going out that way. He'll just expect to die fighting, and not on purpose either.

Well done.
IamtotallyKewlio chapter 1 . 6/24/2007
That was **sniff** so sad. I almost started crying. Which is saying something, 'cause I'm not a cryer.

The thing about people in their mid-twenties running around in tights and calling themselves teens was funny though. Sounds just like a Beast Boy-ism
Starteller794 chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
Very interesting. I thought it was pretty good. I could imagine that happening. and the Terra/Cyborg? That's a really neat idea. I like how you put it in Cyborg's view. No one ever does anything in Cyborg's view. You have neat and creative ideas.
FireDitto chapter 1 . 6/12/2007
-laughs- I've never thought of Cyborg/Terra, but it is a good one. It sounds much entertaining, and also leaves open both the space for Beastboy/Raven and a Terra/Raven friendship, which I think they could have a very strong one, if there wasn't so much seeping between them.

ANYWAY

Intriguing. Not the happiest of stories, true, but defiantly an interesting one. I love Cyborg, and he has defiantly got the tech to "live forever" or, at least, long enough to seem as such. I always picture Raven as living for longer than she'd desire, also... Being part Demon and all.

Also, have you read "The End" by "thealchemist'sdaughter"? Its so sad. More or less along the same lines as this story, but on a world-wide scale -twitches- its wonderfully written.

- is the link, and the story ID is 2397820 - in case FF eats the link.

Nicely written. I enjoyed reading it.

FireDitto