Reviews for Forewarning
freak-joy-spastic chapter 1 . 4/24/2009
Honestly I can't tell when your useing actual fact from the book and when your just making stuff up, but you got my full undevided attention with whatever the hell you are writting, He he. Much praise for your fic( just wish there was a lemon XD) Much anime love bye bye
Anushanne chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
This so reminds me of the “Things they would never do” stories I wrote with my friend back in ’05. Though… I think ours was more of a joke, and yours is much more serious, and uses the current information from the books to make the relationship plausible. Clever. Unfortunately, I’m not a fan of slash (male or female) or such a show of open emotion from these two characters (hence why it reminds me of those ‘things they would never do’ stories). So I think I laughed most of the way, skipped parts like the love scenes (but I say, I was initially shocked when Jarlaxle made his move), and completely flew over the peer support sessions, except to make a few stops to laugh or snort derisively (I’m tired, I can’t handle sudden revelations from my favourite characters). But even though this isn’t quite my cup of tea, I still enjoyed your writing – you’re very clever, and with your skill you could almost pass for Bob himself. So yeah, I meet read a few more random stories of yours, even though you might not get the expected reaction. But what the heck… your stories probably aren’t what R. A. Salvatore expected. Anyway, peace out, and keep writing creatively… well, even though you’re using someone else’s characters.

PS. Have you ever written a Calihye/Parissus love story? Apparently quite a few people think the half elf is bisexual…
Rashalla Entalio chapter 1 . 1/27/2008
This was fantastic! I love Jarlaxle and Artemis, and the relationship/interaction they share. I think that this was a great "missing scene." Cheers!
chair-chan chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
I love how this stori has a really unique take on everything. I think this is one of my favorite stories in the Forgotten Realms fandom, just because it's so different. :)

On a side note, I started writing a story a week ago about the different sides of Artemis Entreri. First I named it 'The Many Sides of Artemis Entreri' but I thougth 'sides' sounded...cheap, somehow, so I changed it into 'Facets'. Now, a week later, I discover you, and see that you have the same title for a story, except it's about Jarlaxle. lol. It's not up yet, but I've only got two more chapters to write, so if you wanna check it out, feel free.

Anyways, I love all of your stories, but this one the most, so far. :)
jarltreri chapter 1 . 4/11/2007
Jarlaxle was surprisingly OOC in the middle and towards the end. He's usually cool, in control, and doesn't openly fawn over Artemis unless he's not being serious and just teasing. Several parts, when he's nervous and reverts to joking are perfectly done though. However, it is rather shocking to see him simply spill all this information about his past to Artemis, but that is perhaps because of the difficulty of putting enough explanation of what went on in Starless Nights between them into a single page (Bravo!) Artemis was excellently characterized, and broke down in a manner that seemed completely believable. However, if this were the first time Jarlaxle made advances towards him, I would have expected a greater reaction towards Jarlaxle (i.e. 'what the *?' or physically pushing him away), especially if Jarlaxle hasn't previously shown any inclination to be attracted to him THAT way. This fic has potential if more explanation of the character's actions was there (right now there is too much disparity between where Salvatore left off and you picked up) Maybe if this was an epilogue? As always, don't stop writing!
Lessiehanamoray chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
Very good study of the two characters. Entreri's responses seemed very fitting, even if it was quite the breakdown, but the fact that it was basically shared by both sides made it more believable. I could really see the characters going through this. I also actually appreciated that you went the route on Entreri as presented in "The Third Level", and not RoTP. It really gives you a lot more room to move, and the effect on Entreri seemed very appropriate. He was taught he was filth, and at least to some extent he believes it.
Linndechir chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
Beautiful. I loved it. Now Ill just have to find the right words to tell you how much I loved it.

First, theres - of course - the pairing. Im always happy to read something about Entreri and Jarlaxle. I liked the way you described Entreris pain and helplessness. I think Jarlaxles panic and concern were sometimes a bit surprising (Im just not used to see Jarlaxle sobbing, but its touching), but perfectly plausible. I liked the part when Jarlaxle tries to make Entreri talk to him, to trust him. Well, I just liked the whole story, the evolution from the very sensual beginning to the rather moving ending.

Oh, and I think "Band Together" is a nice translation of Bregan Daerthe. Interesting idea.

The ending left me a bit confused; I didnt expect Jarlaxle to leave so soon. Of course I would have wanted him to stay with Entreri, but its also believable that he left, even though it surprised me. Id like to read more; its a pity that this is only a one-shot.

Thank you very much for writing and posting this story.