Reviews for Stacked Against
amber belle chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
tee hee what a wonderful story! i love the way you made ron so sweet, but scared at the same time. :D well done.
ishandtwofourths chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
yay for happy easter fics! this totally made me *squee!*, by the way. i disolved into giggles many times, which nearly ended in tears as i was drinking hot chocolate at the same time, but i managed to survive. and i'm glad, because i really felt the need to convey how fab this was. :)

first of all, i'm totally in love with your ron. so adorably bumbling, it was perfect. his horror at molly knowing about lavender was simply hilarious, i could just picture the absolute terror on his face.

i've gotta give you kudos for interweaving a ron/hermione plot together with remus/tonks so seamlessly. i've read a few fics where the remus and/or tonks gives advice to harry and/or ginny, because the parallels between those two relationships are a bit more obvious, but here it worked so very well too. so gold stars. :)

oh - and remus saying 'wotcher'? that bloody well made my week. seriously.

i suppose my point is, this was utterly lovely. so thanks for this delightful easter treat! almost beats chocolate, actually... then again, there's no chocolate in the house (gasp!), so i suppose i can't make a very scientific comparison right now. sigh. ;)
09876543278759087654212345678 chapter 1 . 4/6/2007

lol i liked that so much... it made me wish that i asked a story from you... that was pure fluff!

happy easter!
leleleprechaun chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
I just love seeing Ron get love advice from Remus and Tonks! They are my favourite trio!

I think you did Ron's POV brilliantly, and I loved the Harry/Ginny cheekyness in there, even for a second XD
UmmaGumma chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
Aww, this is so sweet! It made me cry there at the very end. :)
TheRimmerConnection chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
Splendidly lovely! Happy Easter to you and thanks for such a marvellous fic for it. I just love the way Ron did that in public, and although Tonks and Remus were there, I sort of forgot that the others were too until you mentioned them again, and you made me accept that he actually did that in front of Fred and George - very clever :) Nice characterisation - Ron has just gone up in my estimation!
MollyCoddles chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
"would he be able to live with himself if he died and she didn’t know?"

lol, I loved this line. I can so clearly imagine Ron's ghost pestering Hermione till the end of her days.

I'd be delighted to read this very chapter in Deathly Hallows, but I don't imagine I'll be so fortunate.

Lovely fic, well done!
Aiko'sNight-Patrol chapter 1 . 4/6/2007

I mean, you were already my favourite author but then you just had to go and write MY FAVOURITE PAIRING IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!

I think I might actually love you. And you wrote it so well! There are so many people who write RHR and they are invariably cheesy and Ron is nearly always totally out of character and acts like a total stud or whatever, but this is such a brilliantly utterly perfect fic! I am fully planning on forcing my friend to read this when she gets back from holiday, because she will love it so so much. I always thought RHr's first kiss might be at Bill and Fleurs wedding. It sort of fits really doesn't it?

I totally love how you portrayed Ron, especially this bit

Ron’s eyes widened in horror. “What have you heard?” he said, his eyes darting across the dance floor to where Molly was helping Tonks clear up the glass. “Mum doesn’t know, does she? She’ll kill me – ”

That is so utterly Ron. I almost couldn't read it, because you got the characters so perfect it was a bit like how I imagine I will feel when the seventh book comes out (I kept having to stop every so often and make odd croaking noises of joy... god only knows what my family must think). There aren't many stories I love so much I can't bear to read them _

And yes, I know I probably sound like a freaky RHr shipper (but then again I am so...) but even though there was no music and all that malarky, I actually couldn't think of a more romantic way for Ron and Hermione to get together. It was perfect.

This is undoubtedly the best story I have ever read on this site. I am eternally indebted to you.

I know you love Remus/ Tonks, but is there a tiny possibility that you would ever, ever consider writing another RHr? Please?
changenotcoins chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
I really liked this one. The two relationships sort of intertwined. Remus/Tonks and Ron/Hermione are my two favorite pairings. Nice job.
54 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4