Reviews for Another 5 Years
ZeGabz chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
Old story, but I just wanted to say this brought me to tears,
KariCataclysm chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
Wow, let me be honest with you – I had tears in my eyes as I read this. The way you so beautifully expressed the heart-breaking tragedy of the story of The Last 5 Years… the imperfect perfection (quite a fitting oxymoron in this case). I’m glad you decided to create a min-sequel. This is a work of art, and I truly commend you.

Also, I’m glad you included Elise! (Glad I wasn’t almost the only one who noticed that name in “I Could Never Rescue You”).

Great job with interpreting the story and sort of melting it all together into one stunning, heart-halting addition (how you used “Still Hurting” and the words “I could be in love with someone like you”). I love how you ended it too – “…A black and white picture of two people who would meet each other again, but never for long and never again.” That tore my heart out! This will be forever one of my favorites.

(P.S. I’ll be posting up my own full version of The Last 5 Years sometime soon. Hope you check it out!)

(P.P.S- in the musical during "I Could Never Rescue You" I believe Jamie left his ring along with the note Cathy finds in "Still Hurting". But whatever haha :D I like how you implemented it into the story!)
Fae08 chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
First off, thank you for writing this, I love TL5Y but it's impossible to finds to find fics about it. I love ur writing style and I think you captured the characters perfectly. Especially how Cathy had changed but Jamie was the same. it was very touching. Bravo.

Fae
Malady7 chapter 1 . 4/20/2007
Aw. I love TL5Y! You really captured the quiet doom that pervades the musical itself. Inevitably tragic. I love it. I hope you know people like you are just feeding my addiction... :P
55-Rue-Plumet chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
Wow. I liked this a lot. First off, the idea was great, and I rarely come across any L5Y fics. Secondly, I loved how it was all in third person but the first part was more inside Cathy's thoughts and the second part more Jamie's. I loved the line: 'Later on, she realized the real name that screwed things up was Cathy.' And I thought it was pretty clever how you wove in the 'I could be in love with someone like you' lyric. Great job... This is going in my favorites.