Reviews for The First and the Last
Emma Small chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
Er... OK. Depressing was right. But yeah it didn't make me want to cry or anything. I think it's because you've pushed past the pain/angst tolerance level that readers can take. When you start reporting deaths in quick succession, it doesn't get to you nearly as much as when you describe the one death in detail. Not that I like finding myself in either situation.

I have not read the comic books and am wondering who Shadow's surregate mother was (I always thought that Casey would marry April, oh well). I am intrigued as to what the story will be that Shadow always tells her daughter. For some reason, until you mentioned that she didn't know what to do as a mother, throughout most of the beginning, I thought it was a man speaking. The world you've described is certainly very different from the TMNT we know from the cartoons - and they are certainly not teenagers anymore.

Good work. And good luck with figuring it out past chapter 3.

Emma
Elsiah chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
I'm intrigued. You've set the scene quite well. Although this piece is set in comic book world, you have given enough background so that those of us who have not read the comics will be kept up to speed. Good job! I look forward to seeing where you take this fic. ;)