Reviews for What Should've Happened in the Beginning
Cartlin chapter 1 . 10/1/2016
Well, that was his nephew, so wouldn't it have made more sense to punch the guy and just take the ring and throw it in?
Guest chapter 1 . 1/10/2016
I actually watched the movie today and though the exact same thing XD.
R chapter 1 . 3/15/2015
Just push him! I shouted at the screen.

It's more like those characters would never live anything beyond a quiet life.
Mad Elf chapter 1 . 12/8/2014
Oh please. If you want to significantly change history in Middle-Earth, you need to go back much further...

How about, when Luthien and Huan capture Sauron while rescuing Beren from Tol-in-Gaurhoth, they just off him rather than letting him go? Never mind preventing the Second War of the Ring, this prevents the damned thing from being created in the first place, hence preventing the entire First War and the downfall of Numenor, as well as depriving Morgoth of one of his biggest assets towards the end of the First Age, and probably making the Ruin of Beleriand less of a thing...

Or just get Aule to keep better tabs on his Maiar, so that neither Sauron nor Saruman ever become a problem?

(Unfortunately either of those courses would only work in the book universe, rather than the awful film one where several thousands of years of history are condensed into a few hundred...

As for needing to get out more: when you can recite most of the major family trees from the Silmarillion and hit the high points of the entire history, both from memory, then you can start complaining... :-)
ISurvivedHurricaneIrma chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
Very good.
SAMarcus chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
Just remember, common sense and logic fall completely apart in any fantasy setting... Harry Potter, LotR, Star Wars... drama and excitement can't happen if people do things that make sense...
jonski chapter 1 . 4/12/2014
This is what I was thinking too when I saw the movie.
TheGoldman chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
This right here is exactly what I thought! Sure, Elrond would be hated if the humans found out, but Isildur had a little bro who could have taken over as king, and there wouldn't be any proof. Elrond could have pushed him in, and then just said he must've been killed in the battle.
Kitty279 chapter 1 . 6/25/2013
Totally true, it would have saved *so* much bother if Elrond hadn't been too noble to give Isildur a little push. But of course, then we wouldn't have had The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings ... ;)
ifan13 chapter 1 . 7/9/2012
That is exactly what I thought ... JUST PUSH HIM ALREADY!
Moon Surfer chapter 1 . 5/7/2012
This is EXACTLY what I said to my friends when we were watching this part! I was like 'Guys, you know all this shit could have been avoided if Elrond just threw that dude into the lava right?'. I mean we wouldn't have the story we have have today but still if I was Elrond I so would have been like 'Ah fuck no!'. Lol sorry about, thank god someone else agrees though :)
ParzivalHallows chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
haha so true! It would have been so easy!
Jay chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
Ok lets say that happens, how does Elrond go onto to explain that The leader of Men along with what will make them powerful again is dead?

Though the threat of Sauron may have ended, so to would the power of The Three elven rings (whose power is tied to the ring) hence the elves would become even weaker and many more would have left Middle Earth before there time.

Oh and the small matter of the huge war between Men and Elves over the killing of their king. In wiping out the elves (which would of happened) the men would equally become as evil as the orcs and Mordor.

I agree this would of made for an easy conclusion simply destroying the ring there and then and the thought also crossed my mind. Maybe Isildur with the power of the ring would of easily beaten Elrond. Remember the ring has a will to survive.
Zelda12343 chapter 1 . 7/15/2011