Reviews for Of Honor and Innocence
Megan chapter 10 . 3/30
I know this series was written years ago, but it's still my favourite and I thought I'd just let you know on the off-chance you still check reviews. Without a doubt the best exploration of the TMNT characters and their relationships that I've ever read.
Nobody chapter 10 . 7/23/2015
I rarely post reviews, mainly because I don't feel as if I have much to say. However I do feel as if I owe you and that I should express my appreciation and gratitude for what you have written. This is an incredible story and I look forward to reading the sequel. I was recommended to read this story and ever since hearing their opinion on your piece I have been looking forward to reading your story. I have not been disappointed!

You have a great understanding of the characters. Your explorations of their characters offers valuable insights. Often these characters are presented with no complexities and dimensions to their personalities. Far too often they're merely the leader, the genius, the hothead and the goofball. Your portrayals are amazing and they are really brought to life. I can see and hear the characters in your story. Donnie is presented as being indifferent and distancing himself from situations so that he is merely an onlooker. I loved Donnie's perception of Mikey's character and the powerful way in which we saw Raphael's personality transform from childhood into adulthood. Raph has created this tough exterior to hide his vulnerability. Instead of crying when he is upset, he now turns to anger to release his frustration and pain. His strength is truly an illusion. It was a beautiful scene seeing Leo full of regret and disgust at his behaviour in the past with Splinter's haunting voice of warning in the back of his mind. These characterisations make perfect sense to me and are in no way out of character.

The relationship between Leo and Raph is complex and often difficult to fully understand. I am always fascinated and love to read about their enigmatic relationship. Your interpretation is interesting in that you present Leo as having a dark side and needing Raph to be dependent on him so that he feels needed. It is sweet that Raph sees him as his hero in an innocent and vulnerable sort of way that allows Leo to take advantage of this.

Chapter 9 and 10 were deeply poignant and heart-rending. It evoked deep emotions and I could feel my eyes welling up with tears. I'm rarely moved to the brink of tears by a story but it touched me. There was such a range of emotions in the scene. That scene in 9 will, in particular, stay with me for a long time. I don't think that I'll ever forget it. You have an incredible talent.

Your dialogue is superb and you have the ability to switch from moments of humour to anger with consummate ease. I quite like your OC since the character does not overshadow the main characters who I want to read about. Despite Leo being my favourite character, I was suspicious when he lost the key. I was waiting for it to turn up again since it didn't seem like a mistake that Leo would make. I am sorry for the long post but you deserve more credit. I was glad to see the amount of reviews you received for chapter 10. I know that it's an old story but you still deserve recognition for your work.
SleepingSeeker chapter 10 . 2/1/2014
Wow this was just beautiful. I love these last two chapters. I can tell you they will stay with me for a long, long time. Bravo!
SleepingSeeker chapter 9 . 2/1/2014
I think this is my most favorite chapter of a fanfiction I may have ever read. And I've read quite a few, my dear. The enormity of it - the honesty and truth. I'm floored and left emotionally shaken. I'm so impressed and humbled by your talent. You have a masterpiece here. It's brilliant and brutal and true. It's truth.
SleepingSeeker chapter 8 . 2/1/2014
fantastic descriptions of their conditions and the pain. Loved it.
SleepingSeeker chapter 7 . 2/1/2014
whoa, very interesting. Loved it.
SleepingSeeker chapter 6 . 2/1/2014
Wow, once again I am just floored with this last part . . . Raphael's surrender - it speaks to me of the inevitable for those of us who struggle with inner demons . . . eventually, we let go, unable to bear the weight of the fight any longer, we relent, we accept. Some call it maturity. Some call it wisdom. I feel its more a form of irresistible, final submission to a force that no one can withstand for too long: time.
SleepingSeeker chapter 5 . 2/1/2014
Ah, the dynamics of watching your siblings change and be shaped by the world in which you both create and inhabit. Nice job on the ending. Love Humbled Leonardo - full of dread and his own mortality. Well done!
SleepingSeeker chapter 3 . 2/1/2014
Oh my goodness - you know, I'd imagine that this sort of thing would happen more often than not, considering the violence in the city...
SleepingSeeker chapter 2 . 2/1/2014
Wow that LAST LINE it just gave me CHILLS! Amazing, heart-felt - wonderful! I love your writing! Please, if you're around, come by and say Hullo! I would love to pick your amazing writer's brain, woman!
LionsChild chapter 10 . 7/17/2012
Interesting approach to the brotherhood thing, Raph's character is highly unusual portrayed, yet strangely fitting. Well done.
MalibuShaggy chapter 3 . 4/21/2012
Raph's initial encounter with Lizzy seemed overly simplified. But other than that an enjoyable read.
MalibuShaggy chapter 2 . 4/21/2012
Thoroughly enjoyed the playful banter. Connecting Leo's absence to Splinter's really brings out that emotion that comes with the unknown.
Jenihenpen chapter 10 . 9/20/2010
Friggin awesome. I loved your writing style and OMG poor Raph! All those little memory snippets had me in bits!
doggirl2772 chapter 10 . 6/7/2010
...I really wish I could write as well as you. You've made the characters personalities, history, links with eachother so deep and amazing and complex... it just astounds me to read a chapter of this story and find myself thinking of how much more there is to each one of the guys that you've put. It brings them from the cartoon world of 2D and makes them feel more real to me as seperate, unique, characters.

Lovely story, and I'm very glad I took the time to read it. Now on to the third installment of your little series.