Reviews for The Night The House of Cards Was Built
strawhatted demigod shinobi chapter 2 . 8/4
simply legendary
TheVampireStrahd chapter 2 . 7/5
I don't read many Naruto fanfics but this was by far one of the funniest and the best. Really, I wouldn't mind seeing more chapters of this but I noticed your note on your profile that you consider this story finished. I just want to add well done.
SotV chapter 2 . 7/4
OK, this was hilarious. :D
AvidReader chapter 2 . 6/22
Considering this was posted in 2007, I’m unsure if you’re still on this site. I don’t even know how notifications work. However, I would like to thank you for this story.

Naruto just getting lucky and wrecking everyone else in poker was amazing, and saving Hiashi. “Now you owe me your life, too!”

And, of course, his Neechans! Family :3
woodzrox chapter 2 . 6/18
I would have loved if this was a fully fledged story instead of just two chapters.
nomsthaluv chapter 1 . 6/12
rouge survivor. you read it wrong five-fifty thousand is not 55 thousand. just because the and in five AND fifty thousand is missing does not make your comment valid. honestly it's a fun story. I love it.
Rogue Survivor chapter 1 . 6/11
Your math is a bit wrong here. 200k, 250k, and 55k does not equal one million, which Anko claims it does. I'm sure it's just a typo, but still.
gabelou1991 chapter 2 . 5/27
J'aime bien c'est mignon.
lostxinxthexdarkness chapter 2 . 5/3
Great story, although I must admit that I wish that I could read a few more chapters of it.

Keep up the good work!
Guest X chapter 2 . 4/27
(insert copious amounts of clapping hear) I must admit, you have made a loyal fan today, this is by far one of THE most unique, interesting, and spellbinding stories I have ever read in the many years that I have been partaking of this sight, and easily in my top ten list from now on.

However I must express my abject disappointment in your decision to discontinue such a diamond among quite a bit of both rough and garbage, at first when I saw how long it has been since you updated it I thought that perhaps you died or something of equal magnitude, so I checked your profile only to find that you had recently updated another story (which I fully intend to read thoroughly if this is any indication of your abilities) as well as your adamant deceleration of no longer producing more of the story or any involving Naruto at all.

This puzzled me for a few moments as I tried to think of why you would make such a decision and/or what could cause it, I was only able to come up with Three Answers. The first: that you no longer have the assistance of your CO writer and do not wish to continue without them, which I understand but do not except purely because it is that good of a story. Second: is that you are just as, if not more more so, dissatisfied with what Kishimoto did with the story, likely in its entirety then even I myself am, and I will admit that I look at many of the things that he did and envision choking the life out of him, especially with how he screwed up Naruto personal development as a character and personality. or Third: both.

Though I personally find the second option to be the most likely and the easiest to emphasize with lets say for the sake of argument that is the case, I do not believe that you should let that bother you as I have not, my personal view is that while Kishimoto envisioned a wondrous world of infinite possibility with concepts whoms implications are staggering, he himself is fatally ill equipped to tell personal stories of individuals and let archetypes and tropes dominate the personalities of the characters, as well as his nauseating amount of hero worship for Goku of DB and thinking that the perfect Hero is stupid, simple, but good hearted and determined to a fault on all points, which I emphatically disagree with.

This story you have created is a veritable masterpiece, it is realistic to a very near point, it is funny enough to make ME crack a smile, it is tastefully perverted, it is unique in the fact that I have read countless stories where the story is changed because of meeting Kurama when he was younger, or his mind snapped, or someone actually gave a damn about him and adopted him, or taught him in the background, and so on and so forth, but your story is the first one I have seen where the story and young Narutos life has been inconceivably changed by a simple game of chance and luck only granted by the ladies of fortune to the damned, and that is what I love about it, it took all of my expectations going in and through them out the window with a nuke behind it and raised the bar to new heights and gave me new expectations to hold all other stories to, this story of yours is a work of art and I do not want to see it simply fade away so I implore you to continue.

Yes their are many reasons to hate the series but their are many amazing elements that you can use to turn it into a redeemable story without all of the imperfections and idiocies that you hate. Think about it, their must be many things that you love about the story that you enjoyed or even things that you thought should have been used differently that you have the opportunity utilize in those ways here, focus on those things to rekindle your love for this story.

Please do not let this wonderful story of yours go to waist, it...it would break my heart. (sigh) I however do acknowledge that this is your story, either way I eagerly await your next chapter or your adamant refusal, until then keep up the good work and stay frosty.
Marie-S-Raven chapter 2 . 4/15
I love this! Thank you SO much for writing!
HollowKirito chapter 2 . 3/31
This is a really funny story its a shame its not updated.
bhono chapter 1 . 1/26
good
Dragonjek chapter 2 . 1/21
I desperately wish that you would write more of this. It's the most brilliant thing I've ever read in my life.

Most of the wagers haven't even got to meet Naruto yet.

And I'd like to know that Secret, too...
Ted Hsu chapter 2 . 1/21
I'm surprised someone hasn't offered to take up writing a "years later" version of this, where you wonder if having Mikoto aid Anko and Kurenai in raising the kids at the "Minato Uzumaki home of lost-at-poker children" might have helped mellow out Naruto. And whether having won Mikoto and Sasuke might help mellow out Naruto as this could be Mikoto's chance to help the kunoichi steer the Demonbrat into someone who loves having two big sisters and a mother figure.

And of course given the clan heads might have a HARD time regaining what they lost at poker, it could be said the Nine-Tails played "Poker Trickster" to a wickedly devastating effect. Why kill folks when you can clean them out at poker? Much more fun :P
1,456 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »