Reviews for Going another Way
guitarnerd248 chapter 43 . 3/1
BEST FANFICTION EVER! I hope you end up making a sequel!
Raigat chapter 43 . 1/23
One of, if not the, greatest fanfiction stories in couldn't you have been the one to create Evangelion? It would have been so much better. Your version is much better than the original and I think should be made into a t.v. series. The character development, romance, angel personalities, plot, the ending, everything was done better by you. Keep up the good work.
FrostyMando chapter 43 . 10/18/2014
In terms of complexity and development, this is one of my favorite EVA fanfictions that I've read so far, in my mind rivaling Nobody Dies. And this is complete! (Although I still very much want to see what happens afterwards and your take on The Ancient Ones will probably be quite fascinating)
My greatest concern with this series was the grammar and spelling. However, I understand you were having problems finding a steady beta, and as such you are entirely forgiven.
Well done! I look forward to reading more of your works.
Meck Viking chapter 32 . 10/5/2014
Hehehe guest star or maybe we have sighting of sailor fuka's?
Eiji Shinjo chapter 1 . 8/13/2014
I'm not too familiar with the NGE franchise, but this fanfiction piqued my interest. Now, after having read the prologue, I'm curious to see how you're going to tackle the story.
Chances are it will be a fun ride for me.

Sorry to bother.

Eiji out.
Noir117 chapter 43 . 3/30/2014
you should so do the rebuild thing it would be funny
Digitize27 chapter 18 . 3/27/2014
Ahh Shodan, naughty girl
Digitize27 chapter 7 . 3/26/2014
Heh, Ranma
Kleo09 chapter 43 . 1/6/2014
So, erstmal schön, dass man auch mal in der eigenen Muttersprache ein Review schreiben kann und trotzdem verstanden wird

Jezt zu deiner Story - ich find die absolut super. Sollten sich da irgendwelche grammatikalischen Fehler eingeschlichen haben, dann habe ich sie überlesen xD.
Ich finde es ließ sich wirklich sehr flüssig lesen und war gut verständlich (vielleicht weil es für mich ja auh eine Fremdsprach ist). Nur irgendwo bei Deutschen hast du mal 'ß' statt 'ss' verwendet, aber das ist ja nicht so schlimm.

Nun kommen wir mal zum Inhalt. Ich finde es einfach nur faszinierend wie du es gechafft hast dich handlungsmäßig an das Original zu halten und trotzdem deine eigene Geschichte daraus gemacht hast, und das ohne die Kernstory zu verändern.

Super an deiner Story finde ich, dass du dich nicht nur auf Rei und Shinji konzentriert hast, sonder alle ihre Geschichte hatten, also Misato und Kaji, Akagi und Maya, Hikari und Toji usw.
Schön finde ich auch, dass du beispielsweise Kensuke auch jemanden gegeben hast, ohne das irgendwas an der eigentlichen Handlung verändert wurde.

Lustig wurde es auch als Yui ins Spiel kam. Auch wenn es eigentlich ernste Situation ist mit Gendo, bin ich vor Lachen fast vom Stuhl gefallen, als sie ihn so angeschnauzt hat.

Am faszinierendsten war für mich immer noch die Entwicklung von Rei und auch von ihrer Beziehung zu Shinji. Es ist genial, wie du es hinbekommen hast, sie langsam von Kapitel zu Kapitel zu verändern. Man bemerkt immer nur kleine Unterschiede von einem Kapitel zum nächsten, aber schaut man mal mehrere Kapitel vorher oder nachher ist das ganze ziemlich sichtbar.

Dein Ende finde ich sowieso klasse. Mir gefällt das Ende in der Serie ganz und gar nicht und das hier sagt mir viel mehr zu

Oh ... ich bin wohl doch etwas ausschweifend geworden ... *pfeif*
Also, um es nochmal klar zu sagen, ich finde deine Story von vorn bis hinten super )
Nate chapter 11 . 11/14/2013
As small of a detail as it was, I'm impressed at how close your timeline for the Episode IX release syncs up with the real world! Being off by six years isn't too bad at all, given the uncertainty of whether or not it would've been made when you wrote this. Shinji's handling of Asuka's feelings was very believable- I only hope that the beautiful status quo between him and Rei remains for the other 75% of this story.
Nate chapter 5 . 11/14/2013
Shinji’s natural concern for Rei comes off naturally and feels real. Leveraging the NERV card delivery part of the anime itself to further their relationship was an excellent touch. I would've loved to have seen more of the development of their feelings through Rei and Shinji's experiences together (where Shiji basically teaches Rei to care for herself), as I feel that was glossed over, but given the total word count of this fic, I feel there'll be plenty of time for additional development. Looking forward to the rest!
Nate chapter 2 . 11/14/2013
As someone who discovered Evangelion this year and has consumed all he can related to the series, thank you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. From the way Shinji has treated Rei in this opening chapter, I already know I'm going to be more satisfied with this than the conclusion of the series. I look forward to reading the rest.
Red Death chapter 5 . 11/3/2013
Very definitely in need of someone to go over the story to correct the errors and grammar... Very hard to read, though still understandable. There's some kind of error with almost each sentence.

Good story, once the reader can get past the error issues and grasp what the story is.
smashman42 chapter 43 . 10/22/2013
A very well thought out story with an unusual twist on the Angels having personalities & Adam being a good guy. You somehow took every 'broken' character from canon & ended up with them healed by the end, but via gradual character development rather than a rapid OOC shift - Shinji's change being only partial at the start & completing mid story was a nice change to the usual 'perfect' Shinji dropped into the first episode formula to change everything. While Rei's changes were central to the story I thought Asuka's gradual growth & Gendo's breakdown & redemption were stand outs.

In some ways there seemed to be a little overlap with the story I'd read directly before this one - Red Tears. In both Shinji helps Rei to become human, Rei is infertile until a death/rebirth corrects it and Asuka is a lonely outsider until she meets Kaworu/Tabris. Red Tears is a much darker story and other than those aspects they don't have a great deal in common, but still I found it to be a strange coincidence that I'd happen to read these two great stories back to back.

I was impressed how much your English improved throughout the story. The early chapters were often quite 'clunky' grammar wise, especially in dialogue, though by the end you were writing better than most native English speakers, so well done on that on top of crafting an excellent story.
connor1504 chapter 43 . 10/20/2013
Just finished the story, I really did like the twists and turns it took along the way, and was a little surprised at how the ending actually didn't end with Rei pregnant (which was what I originally thought would happen when it took so long for her to leave the bathroom.) A little surprised that everyone ended up rather well to do, but hey, tragedy isn't always the best ending. I'm going to start reading some of your other works, so until next time.
410 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »