Reviews for Going another Way
Steffano chapter 43 . 8/20
hi i had just watched the rebuilds a month ago and it got me back into the anime and i was looking for more evangelion yours is the first ive read and i really enjoyed it ive been reading it on my break at work on my iphone and on my computer at home before bed and havent been able to put this down

i really enjoyed how you gave the angels point of view on battles
my only critisim would be to have would like to have seen rei and shinji relationship developed a little longer and rei being a bit more conflicted between shinji and gendo
and coming to terms of what her purpose was

please please please please make a sequel maybe starting from when they finsih high school or they end up in the rebuild universe ill pm you this review thank you for such a great story please keep writing
Celestia's Paladin chapter 43 . 7/26
I'm going to be honest, I really only started reading this because you wrote it. I'm not a fan of the paring (Shinji/Misato OTP), but I know your works and I'm a sucker for well thought out AUs so what the hell.

Over all this is a damn good story, good plot, excellent characterizations though rather unusual for some of them (Lilith as the Big Bad?). Somethings were a bit put-offing, the Angels came off more as stupid teenagers rather than giant eldritch abominations out to kills us all.

Personally I think the best part is Gendo, you showed us what he really was, a broken man who lost the light of his life and wanted it back. You deconstructed him, then reconstructed him in true Tribun fashion. In the end he became more than the man Yui fell in love with.

So I give this story 8 out of 10, it has its issues but it is still one of the best NGE fics that I have read.

And about the sequel, given how Rebuild-3 went, I think it would be rather interesting to drop them in that hellhole (dammit Anno you better have a happy ending for all them). Others would be about Adam's return, Asuka dealing with her father, and a crossover with Nobody Dies.
You know, in hindsight, the whole Star Wars thing is pretty funny.
You missed the mark by 2 episodes, but eh, good enough to get a chuckle out of me.
GeniusJJ chapter 7 . 2/22
I got to say man, this is one of my favorite Evangelion Fics. Really loved how you managed to keep Rei in character and yet managed to make her later character development a lot more believable compared to other fics.
Akuma-Heika chapter 10 . 11/18/2015
Will Shinji move in with Rei because of Asuka?

And after all what I HEARD you
Need to reword this but I am unsure how because I can interpret it in two or three ways.

Been searching but the only Janus I have found is the God of Beginnings…why was Kaji comparing himself to Janus?

I HAVE never before SEEN her

60 seconds long PIECE of music.

It would be A long six days.

only to RECEIVE a really dirty look

And PLEASE don't tell us, that

Shinji these STRANGE looks

In canon, Rei was able to perfectly match Shinji on her first atempt, why can she not here?

a perfect SYNCH-attack
Akuma-Heika chapter 7 . 11/18/2015
To teach her would take quite some time
Considering it is a vegetable soup it wouldn’t take that long. Preparing veggies is not difficult after all and soups are generally easy regardless.

I for my part try to think about the day while I don't even notice falling asleep
For insomniacs, that is a death trap (personal experience). If you cannot stop thinking you will not get to sleep…it sucks.

Why was Shinji disturbed by the false Second Impact account? It was the one he grew up on so why was it disturbing.

the radiation of the detonation turning the south pole into a death zone.
Radiation is neutralized with 7 feet of water so with the cap reduced to water the radiation would have been neutralized.

you must me more clueless than the CIA
hahahahahaha. Now if they would stop wasting tax payers dollars spying on their own citizens and instead aid our nation things would be great.

Starting to walk away, he heard a splash and a feminine cry of "why me?"
Who was it?

afternoon I FINALLY realized

felt something for him would be, to get CLOSER TO her.

he really wanted to start getting TO KNOW Hikari better.

seemed more comfortable AROUND
Akuma-Heika chapter 6 . 11/17/2015
, like an INDESTRUCTIBLE wall

What DOES it FEEL like to dream?

When they SAW

Hmmm, the drill reports that it hadn't hit any kind of power lines.
Could the Angel have such intelligent thoughts? In canon, the Angels born of Adam do not have intelligence due to not needing it with their immortality and godlike evolution (able to mutate while still living). It is the Angels born of Lilith that had the Fruit of Knowledge.

"So you too do it to protect people? This is a noble reason.
Considering he gave the same reason this is somewhat self-glorifying lol

Now that he couldn't save his father anymore,
He is a White Angel meaning he has the Fruit of Everlasting Life. Wouldn’t be hard for him to regenerate his drill.

As for Adam, we entrust him to you. Double-cross us concerning him, and you will regret it."
That is different from any of the canons.

(1) Tenno is the title for the emperor of Japan.
Why would they listen to him? The Emperor of Japan is a figurehead and has been since the end of WW2. I find it very unlikely that he would have been able to regain power in the chaos of post Impact.
Akuma-Heika chapter 5 . 11/17/2015
Lilith is the mother of Life on Earth. She wouldn’t be the mother of the Angels (outside Angel 18 Lilim)

Only the HEAVENS knew

Who created the portal? Why did it come out of the portal when it had grown on earth?

I really want the Angels to be able to communicate to NERV...a lot of questions would pop up especially for Misato.
Akuma-Heika chapter 3 . 11/16/2015
Wouldn’t Shinji know what an N2 mine is? Its been customary to speak of nukes in History classes for many decades after all. After WW3 I would expect the same for the next generation nukes.
Faraway-R chapter 43 . 10/20/2015
Adam is a bro. So, five years deadline?

So, Shinji and Rei are joining the Saotomes five months into their retirement from piloting? I will be interested in a slice-of-life story of those four and a half years and the arrival of the Ancient Ones...

Though your own idea also has merit, especially if it comes after a timeskip when Shinji and Rei are badass martial artists!

This was a wonderful story. Thank you!
Faraway-R chapter 42 . 10/20/2015
THAT was one damn impressive Evangelion.
Faraway-R chapter 40 . 10/20/2015
I am grateful for the creator's notes here.

On a side note, what kind of pictures in those PDFs are we talking about?
Faraway-R chapter 35 . 10/20/2015
Remember me praising your German/English? In stark contrast, your Russian/English is atrocious!

On a side note, so those were rebels? Good to know.
Faraway-R chapter 33 . 10/20/2015
Oh, promises, promises (in A/N on canon Eva characters)... :)