Reviews for Going another Way
frankjoeson chapter 28 . 10/13
BOW CHICKA BOW WOW

(PDF PLEASE)
I know almost no one likes the wimpy, traumatized Shinji (though, isn't that the entire point of his character? His life sucks, he has no confidence, so he seeks escapism). But I thought the premise of this was that Gendo reacts to Yui's death differently, leading to a divergence from the canon plot. But here, Shinji's uncle plays a role in helping him overcome his massive trauma and abandonment issue without Gendo playing any role in it. Hell, you could've made it that Gendo was just a bit less of an asshole (raising him, but is emotionally distant) to achieve a similar effect.
Blitzstrahl chapter 15 . 7/15
Wait... what?
We have Mana flying around in the Trident, but then you retcon Mari out of the fic, by having her locked up in a insane asylum, and not as a EVA pilot?!
Blitzstrahl chapter 13 . 7/15
Its not that the plot threads fizzle out. This episode foreshadows the End of Evangelion.
It's the JSSDF, on behalf of Seele that had Kaji sabotage Nerv. Seele needed to know what changes Gendo had done to the blue prints of the Headquarters. For the attack after the Angles.

Makato showing us you can get from the surface street, straight to the command center for instance.
Blitzstrahl chapter 7 . 7/14
It's always been head canon. That the Jet Alone was meant to use the JSSDF's positron cannon.
JOHNfreedom1234 chapter 1 . 5/10
This fanfic is on the top of my Fanfic lists and is a very good read. I was actually going to reread this, when I decided it would be best to leave a comment. Anyways keep up the great work

P.S.: If possible I would like a copy of the PDF please. If it's still available, Thanks
nightelf37 chapter 24 . 1/28
Despite all this, I'm seeing a little bit of Fridge Logic here: Mana has no psychic link to the Trident or anything, and Shinji's thought process should've been about RESCUING Mana from her impromptu cage, although she might certainly mourn the death of its AI. And her cockpit under threat of being crushed was absolutely illogical since that did not have Bardiel in it. With the Trident gone, the military would have lost their influence by being a "liability". I'm surprised no other reviews (in this chapter at least) have addressed this issue.
Guest chapter 6 . 10/8/2018
It just feels like wish fulfillment
GameBoy1O1 chapter 2 . 8/11/2018
This was actually better than canon. The original 1st chapter of Evangelion and so on weren’t as interesting like other mangas I’ve read, but boy you made this more interesting than I actually thought.
tediEmperor chapter 44 . 7/2/2018
I'm going to be rereading this starting today. I think I remember this Story but it's been awhile also I would like the PDF-version for my collection please.
Duriel chapter 1 . 6/15/2018
By far one of the best NGE stories I’ve ever read, and one of the better fanfics for that matter.
As a critism, I wasn’t as thrilled with Gendo actually coming around. It was well done and flowed perfectly within the Universe you created, but the concept of Gendo reforming has never sat right with me in fanfics as they have to tone down just how bad he is to allow him to be reformed. Conversely Gendo was actually worse in your story.
To explain, the dummy plug incident was always the point of no return, the final crossing of the moral rubicon, the moment he sacrificed his son’s soul for his goals. in your story it was done from a point of sadism rather than callousness, making it far worse. I’d even call it his moment of peak evil. breaking him as you did via Yui (I’ll be mentioning that again) did enough that his face turn didn’t ruin my immersion in the narrative. Still though, I can’t imagine allowing him the chance to earn forgiveness. Even as forgiving as many of the characters where, even if they forgave him to live under the same roof seems insane to me.
As a accolade, I normally dislike anything involving Karou, even when turned into a likelble and even sympathetic character. He was always an exloptive character, despite many fans seeing him as being genuine with shinji, I never bought it. He exploited shinji’s point if ultimate weakness and then for no explicable reason (seeing him as i do) does a face turn. Your handling of him was to a point brilliant. He came in at the perfect moment with the perfect interactions. While he still seemed to have intended to interact with shinji, he was blindsided by asuka and his desire to avoid destroying the world seemed natural.
This last bit, I gotta add as you fulfilled a desire of mine I’ve wanted to see for twenty years. Yui bitchslapping Gendo to the point of utter breaking. That scene when she appeared in the computer and just destroyed him infront of everyone, I didn’t realize just how much I wanted to see that done in a believable manner until I was reading it.
Overall an amazing piece of fiction and I enjoyed reading it immensely. 5/5
Delta4Phoenix chapter 18 . 5/30/2018
Both here and in the PDF, the MAGI announce that the selfdestruct is enacted 0.2 seconds after all three MAGI agree, even though two paragraphs later Hyuga states thatShe has taken over enough to initiate the self-destruction! 20 seconds!"
Just wanted to point that error out.
Murr34Hurr chapter 1 . 5/21/2018
Can I get the pdf version please.
KiroZen chapter 44 . 5/10/2018
Binged the series.
In one day
No regrets.
On another note, I was picturing the old Asuka meeting Bakugou.
Chosen-One-92 chapter 44 . 5/10/2018
Would certainly like that PDF if it's still available mate. Many thanks.