Reviews for The Crimson Dragon
Pride7Doggytron chapter 10 . 4/24
For those of you whining about her not continuing Crimson Dragon II, let me give you all a heads up.

The story itself was all over the place. It wasn't going anywhere.

She kept adding new characters when they shouldn't be there.

She meandered through the plot. The narrative was all over the place. It lacked cohesiveness.

And the main reason why she did this was because of whiny people like you kept pushing her into it.

And it was only then that she began to figure out that story was a mess to begin with. And that she could not write it anymore. She began to feel jaded about the story. She knew that she couldn't complete it, not as it was.

It no longer became a story she wanted to write. So she looked to something else to spark her creativity again, to give her new purpose. And she found that with Neltharion and the Tectonic Divergence Series. Neltharion came into her life when she was at one of her lowest. And he brought her joy.

Maybe she will return to the Crimson Dragon and make a story that won't go all over the place.

But insulting her or calling her lazy isn't telling her that you all respect her creativity. You want her to write what you want her to write. And that's one of the reasons why a lot of stuff sucks right now, because the artist is doing what everyone wants her to do rather than allowing her to create something that she wants to create and share with other people.

If you all want the Crimson Dragon so much, maybe you all should write it instead. One thing she did was have another person take over one of her other series when she felt she was officially done with it. And she does come back to write in that series.

But I highly doubt any of you complainers are talented enough to even take on a character like Jonathan.

Maybe you should just appreciate what she has given you instead of complaining about what she decided not to finish. After all, isn't the Crimson Dragon her story? Doesn't she get a say?

And if you really want the Crimson Dragon II to be rewritten again, maybe you should show your appreciation to her and show interest in her other projects as well.

Quite frankly, I think Neltharion has done wonders for her writing skills. She has people who are very talented helping her out in her writing, people wanting to invest in the series that she's doing with Neltharion. And that's why she's still writing about Neltharion, because there are people out there showing investment, sharing ideas with her, helping her to write the story.

And that's why Neltharion has five stories under his belt and Jonathan only has one complete story, and one mess of a story that was becoming a doorstop of a book.

She had people who were invested in her work.

You morons haven't done any of that. Instead all you do is complain.

So, why don't you people just leave her be?
Jill Sandwich64 chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
Thaddeus,
What do you mean the sequel is gone due to a lack of laziness? The story for Crimson 2 was progressing very nicely. This one introduced this interesting alternate universe of our own Earth with D&D dragons and then the sequel upped the scales. Something a sequel should do cause if we just keep getting the same thing over and over, it gets boring very fast.
Thaddeus chapter 11 . 7/17/2014
Sorry Fonzie. The sequel is gone due to CII's lack of laziness.
fonzie chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
Sequel?
DerPatriot115 chapter 11 . 6/2/2014
Yeah, the Crimson Dragon series is dead...
Yay for freaking WoW crack...
Josh Oh chapter 11 . 3/6/2014
Sorry Fey Beauty. There was a sequel but CII canceled it. :-(
Fey Beauty chapter 11 . 1/5/2014
Um... Question, where is the sequel to this story? Because I was rereading this series and I know that I favorited the second story too. So did you post the story on another site, after the people in charge were "clearing out" other people's stories without permission? If so, could you please put down the site name and the title of the story, only if you changed it that is. Thank you!
Josh Oh chapter 6 . 7/26/2012
Ya know it's a good thing Rose didn't kill Jake back at that Equanox Hunt otherwise Pyrothraxus would've fried her to death for killing his son.
Josh Oh chapter 10 . 7/14/2012
That was so funny when Huntsman turns out to be Jonathan's boss from his work place! So I'm guessing Hero of the hourglass was never taken place. It would be cool to see what it would be like if Susan have given Jonathan that confession letter about her family being dragons back when they were in highschool together.
Guest chapter 11 . 6/29/2012
Wow I swear if Jeff Goode read this story he would totally make your stories into a tv movie
Ribke D'Crazy chapter 4 . 9/11/2011
"Ni juede wo hen ben ma?" - "You [think?] Me Very Stupid?" Dat's what he said, right? I've been taking Chinese classes YUHOOO, I ACTUALLY UNDERSTOOD! I'M SO GETTING AN A NEXT TIME (darn it, last quiz I didn't get it cuz I positioned a square horizontally when it was supposed to go vertically)! Hey, but it's dangerous to write it down if ye don't have de accents, ye might end saying ye want sperm instead of a mirror! XD
Rurikredwolf chapter 9 . 8/18/2011
Crap, I forgot another Pro:

The ending. I laughed at the threat that the Huntsmaster gave Pyro and it wasn't what I was expecting. I loved it. Paperwork...worst way to kill someone without killing them.
Rurikredwolf chapter 10 . 8/18/2011
Right, so since this is the last chapter before the author's notes, I suppose I should leave a review on it as requested.

I'll start with the cons first becuase they are the first on my note document.

1. Chapter 9. Holy crap did the story just get dark right there. I mean, it did have some dark vibes before, but nothing serious. Then BAM, the story just comes right out of left field and disturbing images in our head. I mean, I wasn't particuarlly bothered (Most of my writing is dark), but it just took me off guard. There was no transition and it made it a bit jarring.

Continueing from that, Rose just kind of dumps that stuff on Jake despite John not wishing it. It would have been far more effective, in my opinion, to have the Huntsman say it in the middle of the battle. But alas, this is one person's opinion

2. Dracolich. Again, this comes from NOWHERE. Don't get me wrong, I love Dracoliches and the undead, but really...how could he hide the rot scent? And how easily John gave up despite resisting for so long was a bit off putting (I love the character, but I'll get into that later). And the thought of him being mortal, despite the Dracolich infection growing within like...20 minutes to where he was now, was kind of tacked on in my opnion. He would die long before them and/or become a dracolich, forcing to be killed. (I liked Marty though).

3. Some characters came and went with little to no impact on the plot. Namely Trixie, Spud, and Proffesor. Rotwood. I don't know what impact they have in the show, but they were there for a second and then gone.

Those were the major cons I found in this. Now, like every writer/artist/etc, they want to hear praise.

Pros:

1. Johnathan Long is a VERY interesting character. I could get behind most of his motives and actually feel the internal struggle he has. The relationship between him, Sayan'i, and Susan was really well done, although a bit rushed at points. I loved every moment of it.

2. Just how suspenseful this entire fic was. Seriously, it is very rare that I get this into a fic, much less a fic about a show I never watched. You made it interesting.

3. The characters that DID show up are both supportive and developed. Except maybe Rose, cuz I felt like she was there just to push the plot forward. Fu Dog was amazing, though.

4. The amount of effort you put in. I know this is an old fic and you have improved, but from three years ago, it really holds up. Sure it gets a bit rushed at points (I know that far too well), but the pros FAR outweight the cons. Even the things I brought up weren't even that bad, they just kinda jumped from nowhere.

Well, This was just about all I could find. I hope you found this useful in SOME way.
Rurikredwolf chapter 6 . 8/18/2011
Wait, before I read on...is everyone ok with dragons randomly flying around and stuff in this universe? I never watched the show (I gave up on TV right before this show came out). I mean, they are trying to keep their things a secret and BAM, flying through the city. Seems a bit contradictory.

(Btw this is Rurik)
ice cold wolf chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
Did you get the idea of the dragons from the dragon codex series? Do you know?
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »