Reviews for The Melody of the Fox
Tower Knight chapter 15 . 2/22
What does giving Tayuya a family name a accomplish?
You know this story is really great in most parts so far. I know it gets dropped before it finishes by the length and where the story is so far, but the pacing isn’t that bad. You built up characters and you made interactions believable and didn’t have tayuya just fall in love after a day or something. The only complaint I have so far isn’t really with your story, but with Naruto. I think I finally understand why he didn’t learn shit when he trained with Jiraiya in cannon. He’s so damn insufferable and unless you break it down in simple terms if it’s not flashy he doesn’t want to learn. He’s a fucking ninja they aren’t supposed to be flashy and I get no one ever bothered to teach him, but his attitude and pride(how the hell can you want help, but not want people to know you want help) from being mistreated has a lot to do with it. However that doesn’t excuse him from ignoring a Jiraiya and in this story anko who are clearly stronger than him because he doesn’t want to admit he needs more help. And I just went on a rant about a fictional character… I will see myself out now
Tower Knight chapter 12 . 11/25/2023
Altering Tayuya's appearance is disrespectful.
estadocivil2018 chapter 44 . 9/21/2023
F
Guest chapter 44 . 5/24/2023
Wish there was more to read tbh was enjoying this
CorruptedSoul72 chapter 44 . 3/11/2023
im so mad the story basically "ended" with them not being together and still making up; why u gotta do us like that bro... also i knew the alliance was coming. you totally got that from killer bees infinite tsukoyomi huh B) anyway pls fix it next chapter (if there ever is one) so if you dont update again it atleast ends with something wholesome ;-;
grimme chapter 44 . 10/25/2022
in the end (who are we kidding this story is in hiatus hell) I'm actually quite happy that i did read it the romance was quite wholesome and a decent alternative pairing is always worth a read
(sry canon pairing fans but yours is easier so the bar is a bit higher)
grimme chapter 21 . 10/23/2022
came here because of the glowing reputation your fanboys are giving you and all was ok until i hit chapter 21...

you didnt bother redefining it so the reader can only default to canon and your root anbu are just strange when compared to canon.

you send a group of what seems to be at least tokubetsu jonin class anbu after a single juro or only that after jiraya... eitherway its miscalculated.
your root anbu are seemingly missing a killswitch ("danzo", "root" and mission details are killswitches without prior permission) and their emotional conditioning seems to have malfunctioned.
also a lot of individuality in a group that has been termed as danzos toy soldiers.

when you stick to the canon like glue and then diverge for shit and giggles its just strange to read. i would suggest to either bother enough to redefine it or at the least leave a short "my root anbu wont be following the canon" at the beginning or the end of a chapter where its pertinent.
soulhunter101 chapter 20 . 6/4/2022
Coil
Nihilist intellectual chapter 44 . 4/21/2022
I really love this fanfic and how you've written my favorite kunoichi Tayuya.
To begin with, I like her brash and hardened personality, as well as her mistrust, the result of her experiences in the Sound Village, where her living conditions were harsh and brutalizing even by the low standards of the ninja child soldier world. (jeez poor girl).

Her relationship with Naruto is very well built, at first she can't stand him, she insults him and hits him out of embarrassment for his stupidity (I Iove it when she questions his sexuality), but little by little she gets closer to him upon discovering his kind and honest nature.
I like reading how she becomes a caring big sister to Naruto and teaches him, well... the basic ninja skills that apparently nobody bothered to teach the blond boy before. (yeah, i think that orange jumpsuit of his makes him look stupid too)
I also enjoyed seeing her show off her skills in which she owns Naruto, her genjutsu, taijutsu, and chakra control.
Jeez, this girl is badass.

And also the other less competent and interesting kunoichis in the Leaf.
I especially like how Tayuya owns Sakura, exposing her pathetic obsession with Sasuke and how she didn't bother to know any shit about Naruto and how later smacks the useless pink haired dipshit with her only good arm.
Thanks to you Naruto ends up forgetting about this toxic bitch, that he was behind her like a lapdog calling her "Sakura chan" makes my stomach turn just remembering it. Seriously, what did you see in her?

And Ino's gossipy character, considering flirting with Naruto, snooping around Naruto and Tayuya's relationship, as well as her maturity in telling Sakura to get over Sasuke.
She's almost as shallow and annoying as Sakura, but definitely more confident and pretty.
Having that girl in class, how does Naruto choose to fall in love with Sakura? Was he blind or something?

Oh, and Hinata's insecurities and shyness are hilarious to read. How she examines her body in the mirror, how she stammers when she tries to talk to his love interest, as well as how angry and helpless she is when she sees how the blond boy is more interested in the foul mouthed girl who ends up roasting her like a chicken in front of her Na…na….na Naruto-kun is the best comedy i ever seen.
God, I really hate her pathetic submissive love interest satellite character almost as much as Sakura's bitchness. Seeing her misery as she loses her only motivation and goal in her worthless existence is worth its weight in gold.
Something Random 52 chapter 7 . 2/23/2022
I am way too excited that the word "Defenestration" was used, AND in the correct context.
BoredAsUsual34 chapter 33 . 1/31/2022
if ya wanna complain about the war arc and amount of bullshit aim it at naruto's skill set which basically is shadow clones rasengan different types rasengan rasensuriken sagemode and lets not forget if it al fails the infamous bullshit skill talk no jutsu. and his hidious orange jumpsuit even his outfit in shipudden looks nothing like something a ninja should wear
BoredAsUsual34 chapter 32 . 1/31/2022
tbh if this story isn't completed which i think it isn't it is a bit saddening since it is a really good story in my opinion
Guest chapter 37 . 12/14/2021
This is so well written I can’t believe it’s on a crack ship fic. People generally reserve that kinda talent for more popular ships. I feel blessed.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/4/2021
WARNING! Carry on reading! Or you will die, even if you only looked at the word warning! Once there was a little girl called Clarissa, she was ten-years-old and she lives in a mental hospital, because she killed her mom and dad. She got so bad she went to kill all the staff in the hospital so the More-government decided that the best idea was to get rid of her so they set up a special room to kill her, as humane as possible but it went wrong the machine they were using went wrong. And she sat there in agony for hours until she died. Now every week on the day of her death she returns to the person that read this letter, on a Monday night at 12:00 a.m. She creeps into your room and kills you slowly, by cutting you and watching you bleed to death. Now send this to ten other pictures on the site, and she will haunt someone else who doesn't. This isn't fake, apparently, if you copy and paste this to ten comments in the next ten minutes you will have the best day of your life tomorrow. . . . . . . . . Mybad 7
4,335 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »