Reviews for In The Wayside
Death-Muncher chapter 11 . 6/2/2010
Interesting story. :)
PADavis chapter 10 . 5/6/2009
I liked that chapter very much. I would like if if you would expand that.

And man oh man, I can't wait to see what they do in the last two episodes. I personally think they are going to surprise us just like they've surprised us throughout this season.

Lilly B chapter 10 . 5/2/2009
thanks for updating! both chapters were great! i can't wait to read more!
The Original Madackles chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
Dude, I never really understood the real attraction between Jess and Sam- but that last chapter... well, you've converted me. I understand now.

Seriously. I love these.

Keep 'em up. (:
iris254 chapter 1 . 1/29/2009
Just found this, I really loved all your stories. I'm looking forward to hearing more!
bubblesquirt chapter 7 . 2/3/2008
“You’re not allowed to call me that.” Sam hissed, grimacing when the ropes bit at all ready raw, all ready bleeding skin.

“You’re not him.” Sam insisted, fighting the ropes with more vigor, but he knows who tied them as well as he knows he won’t be getting out of them.

“If you so much as look at someone wrong, I’ll take this knife and cut so far up his,” he stopped and chuckled, taking a deep breath before correcting himself, “I mean—my, arm, I’ll be dead before you can call for help.”

There was two minute window of clarity, only two minutes, but it was just enough for Dean to untie the ropes and whisper, “Sammy, please, don’t let me hurt anyone else.”

Don’t let me hurt you.

When his eyes opened they were dark as night and Sam let go so fast, he heard Dean’s head thunk on the ground.

“That won’t happen again.” Dean promised and looked pointedly at the chair. “Sit down, Sam, before I have to do something you’ll regret.”

Dean smiled and looked down briefly at his chest, rubbing at his sternum. “If only you could hear him yelling at you right now for that one.”

“You can… you can hear him?” Sam asked, begging for an inch the demon was not going to give.

Dean smirked. “Yeah. Sometimes. Mostly I just hear his suffering.” He quirked an eyebrow. “Because he is, you know. Suffering, I mean.”

A muscle in Sam’s jaw jumped and the demon in Dean’s body knows a soft spot was hit.

Sam looked at the floor and Dean laughed.

“Yeah, you remember.”

“Please do.” Dean purred, sauntering over to Sam, staring straight down the barrel of the gun, knowing this body was better than any bullet-proof vest. “M, Sammy…” black eyes roamed over Sam’s blood and sweat soaked body, “you look like a sin.”

Dean just laughed, “he can’t hear you now.” The laughing stopped and Dean’s staring at him with expression half hatred and half pity. “He’s screaming too loud.”

And the silence, the complete absence of noise is so different, so startling, that Sam wants to cover his ears.

“It wasn’t you, Dean. Whatever that bitch made you do, it wasn’t your fault.”

Dean looks at him, sorrowful and busted and just smiles that broken smile.

“I know that, Sammy.” His voice is low and raspy, but it’s like the sweetest song Sam has ever heard. “But it doesn’t make me feel any better.” Dean looks at Sam a second longer before his gaze drifts beyond his brother’s shoulder to the window.

He doesn’t say any more.

Wow. Just.. wow. This was amazing. Perfect in every way! Please don't stop writing! You should update this like now-ish!
bubblesquirt chapter 6 . 2/3/2008
“I don’t want life to end in flames.” He admitted and wiped his face on his brother’s sleeve.

-This is incredibly sad, because Sam is so young here and already he knows about death and fire and loss too much.

Dean had tried to explain to his father, as he rubbed at the fresh hand mark on his face, that he was just trying to help.

Dean let out a startled yelp, “the hell!” and retreated back to the bathroom, nearly losing his grip on the towel. He’d been caught naked—in every sense of the word—and he didn’t even have a weapon within reach.

“Sam!” He bellowed, his face pressed against the bathroom door he had open a grand total of three centimeters, four max. “Look, if we’re going to have one of those final showdowns, battles of epic proportion shindigs… can I get some pants on first?”

“I’m here to kill you.”

“Sonofa…” Dean hissed and jumped back, colliding with the door.

Sam just continued to smile. “You’re quite jumpy.”

-Your evil!Sam is way creepy. Way to go!

He unwrapped his towel, making sure it still covered his front, held the fabric between his teeth as a makeshift curtain as he pulled on his underwear quickly.

“You’re only skin and bones now, and that’s no good. Too crunchy.” It was joke, but Dean wasn’t laughing. “Oh come on, brother.” Sam hit Dean’s shoulder, and Dean barely even flinched. “That was a good one.”

“You never were good at jokes.” Dean deadpanned.

“You got the sense of humor, I got the brains.”

“Don’t forget the looks, I got those too.”

Dean leaned forward and pressed his forehead to Sam’s. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry.” He whispered, shaking his head.

Dean didn’t answer, instead he stepped back, pressed against the locked door and took out his lighter. “It started with fire, maybe it can end the same way.”

“You set me on fire.” Sam whispered, walking to his brother’s side.

Dean laughed gently. “Yeah, I did.”

“I love you, Dean.”

“Oh God. If I knew you were gunna dive right into the chick flick moments I mighta let you stay a demon a bit longer.”

-Ah! Too cute!

So I basically love you because you saved Sam from being evil and he told Dean that he loved him! I really love the way you write. But only one more? Oh no! Please keep updating this, because I will be on the lookout!
bubblesquirt chapter 5 . 2/3/2008
The dried blood on his forehead is starting to itch, so Dean reaches up to scratch it, but there’s a big bump and it hurts to touch so he leaves it alone.

Three steps from the doorway he stops moving and goes limp. Sam is too far away to catch him and he lands hard on the cold ground.

Sam looks at her, his eyes shining. “You’ve got a lot of nerve even talking about this.” His voice is low.

Sam stands up, slams his beer on the table and walks away. He throws a, “I’d have gotten more than a fucking year,” over his shoulder and disappears into Dean’s room.

A year was nothing. He’d blink and it’d be over and it’d be pay up time.

“You shouldn’t have done it.” And just like that, Sam’s breaking. His head falls forward on to Dean’s shoulder. “You’re such an idiot…”

“I know.” Dean agrees, reaching up to rub Sam’s back as his baby brother nearly collapses against him. “I know. But it was my only option, Sammy. I couldn’t let you die… I’m pre-programmed or something. Looking out for you is all I know how to do.”

-Absolutely love that image of Sam leaning on Dean, and Dean embracing him back.

Yay! I liked this one too. Of course. :)
bubblesquirt chapter 4 . 2/3/2008
Everything still hurts when I wake up.

I go to bed missing him and wake up just the same.

And tomorrow isn’t gunna be different.

But I came up short—oh so short—and I’m sorry, Sammy. Sorry for the both of us, because I would’ve loved to have been an uncle someday.

But this life is going to kill us, man. I just pray that God’ll do me one favor and let me go first.

Aw, this was so sad! And so Dean. You nailed it! Yay!
bubblesquirt chapter 3 . 2/3/2008
Sam can’t speak. He’s just killed her and just realized the weight of the promise he’d forced his brother to make.

Nothing else is said. Dean starts the car and they drive.

Neither one knows where to go.

So this is a cool idea, all these little oneshot thingies. Awesome job!
bubblesquirt chapter 2 . 2/3/2008
“I could never kill you.” He whispered, and Sam couldn’t prevent the flinch. He stopped, only long enough to look at his brother, and then returned to his work. “Even if you were the most evil sonuvabitch out there… I couldn’t do it.” Dean let his eyes fall closed for a minute, but they shot open when Sam patted his knee. “’M too weak.” He slurred.

They were running out of air and Dean was running out of blood.

“Now, shut up and stop bleeding. I’m getting us out of here.”

Perfect brother interaction! I love your detailed writing. Love it love it love it!
bubblesquirt chapter 1 . 2/3/2008
Wow! Great first chapter. And I'm always up for some Evil!Sam! Muahahaha..
Mellaithwen chapter 7 . 1/4/2008
congrats on the scholarship! :)

you weren't kidding about the angst there, but how awesome :) I especially liked the "like an old slide show..." line :) poor Dean having to remember it all!
Lilly B chapter 7 . 1/3/2008
very good...very angsty story! i loved it! great job with it. and congrats on the scholarship...what an achievement!
iluvcake chapter 7 . 1/2/2008