Reviews for Casualties
HVM chapter 1 . 8/24/2008
nice, i like!
the-original-hufflepuff chapter 1 . 10/9/2007
So sad, and quite true also. I love the angstiness, and how well it relates to *real* wars. My favourite bit was the paragraph that began "Harry would never kiss Ginny again, Remus wouldn't hold hands with Tonks..". It's ironic, to think that the bits of the paragraph that I so wished wouldn't happen were the things that happened in canon.

One little thing I noticed was that you said "..need not bother to call Alicia", if you were referring to using a phone then that doesn't make too much sense, it is the wizarding world after all.

That's all I can fault you on, as the rest was depressingly perfect, and now I need to find some fluff quickly before I start crying in my keyboard.
roses and hello chapter 1 . 8/26/2007
Lovely, heart-breaking look at the inevitabilities of war. You paced this beautifully, bringing it ever closer and then suddenly stepping back again, giving fiction that chilling sense of reality, that life does go on without them.

Minor quibble - "But for the moment, the deaths weren’t statistics to them." Who does 'them' refer to? I think the sentence works much better if you simply strike "to them" out.
Luna Rapunzel chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Oh, I absolutely LOVE this. Talk about poignant...
estrelita chapter 1 . 8/17/2007
Wow, this is profound and so full of emotion. I think you hit every note perfectly. It's like the war going on now. We see thse images on tv and we don't give them a second thought, until it's someone we know. I think this was beautiful and it sure is going in my faves. The whole thing was amazing, and I think you wrote it beautifully.

I would hate to ask, but could you look at my oneshot called "Slipped Away"? After reading this I would love to here what you have to say about my piece of work.

truthsetfree chapter 1 . 8/15/2007
Wonderful word choice, great structure, beatiful writing, and a meaningful message.
PurpleArmadillo chapter 1 . 8/7/2007
Wow, this was absolutely amazing! Sad, but terribly true. 'Their deaths were shocks, each a horrible jolt that awakened them to reality'.

Great job; I really enjoyed this!

margentbutter chapter 1 . 8/3/2007
This is beautiful, and so true in real life. It's sad that if you mourned the death of every person you read about then you would spend your whole life in sorrow...

I love how you managed to mention so many characters. You have a brilliant writing style.
LoonyLurvesFred chapter 1 . 7/26/2007
This was great. HPDH should have had more casualties to make it more real but in all I'm glad they didn't. I love your fic its how war really goes.
M.S. Dae chapter 1 . 7/19/2007
I have goosebumps.

This was incredibly chilling and sad...I almost want to cry.

The great part about this, is it doesn't just apply to the Harry Potter world. It unfortunately applies to so much around the world today.

Padfootatheart chapter 1 . 7/16/2007
Oh, this was so wonderfully sad!

Good job!

Cuban Sombrero Gal chapter 1 . 7/2/2007
OMG, this is so touching. I like the way it relates to real life - when someone fighting in Iraq or whatever dies noone cares, but when a family member dies everyone mourns. I think u summed it up in that sentence saying Harry wouldn't kiss Ginny etc etc!

Great work, definately deserves its place in the Reviews Lounge archive ...

InkandPaper chapter 1 . 6/6/2007
'Statistics' - ouch, how blunt! That word pretty much sums up the resigned, practical tone of the entire fic.

The list of names was chilling! I think the worst was "Fred would never joke around with George again". It seems wrong, they're too much 'one' person to be severed like that. Which, of course, just adds to the sense of tragedy in war. The brutal disregard for life, any life, and the random choices Death makes: who will become no more than a statistic, a name on a casualty list, and who will be allowed to continue...

I'm rambling a little, but you really made me think about this, so thanks!
SuGaRLiLy chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
Hello! I noticed that you introduced yourself in the Reviews Lounge Forum so I thought I ought to pop on over to check out your writing.

This was great. I was reminded of a quote that is (probably falsely) attributed to Stalin. It goes along the lines of: 'a single death is a tragedy. The death of millions- a statistic'.

I thought I was reading about the first wizarding war when I initially started to read.

You conveyed a strong feelings of hopelessness and almost a sort of void in this. I really loved the almost detached tone of the speaker in this. I feel as though I'm gazing at a picture from which all the color has been faded out.

You have a very clean style. I didn't spot any errors of any sort in this piece. Plus, you managed to convey so much in a small amount of words (a skill that I envy).

Great job on this!
sunny tuesday chapter 1 . 5/27/2007
There's nothing to critique. This is really very good! Even relevant to real life. I love it.

sunny tuesday

(found you through the Reviews Lounge C2)