Reviews for A Strange Journey
Fran Viera 82 chapter 42 . 4/25/2013
"Sir Auron… Basch told me, that you told him that my father wanted me taken from Bevelle to Besaid. I had always wanted to meet you; I am truly glad and honoured to have had that chance… And having you as a guardian. I don't know how to thank you… Perhaps defeating Sin will be my thank you. I guess if you are all there watching this, then I guess Sin is already gone… and so am I." Her voice became sad though a small laugh came soon after.

"Basch… Do you remember the first day we met? I was only seven, and my father had defeated Sin. Everyone was celebrating and were so happy, saying that my father had defeated sin… It wasn't until night came that I realised… My father was dead, and he wasn't coming home. I was alone. I couldn't sleep, so I wandered into town, away from everyone who was celebrating. I stood on the bridge from Bevelle, where my father and I had parted… Then you appeared Basch and you asked me where the daughter of High Summoner Raminas could be found." She giggled. "I was scared at first, then I realised how gentle you are. When I told who you I was, you told me you'd take me as far from Bevelle as you could. That it was a dying man's wish. I think I cried then… You just held me without saying a word. I also cried in Besaid too and held onto you when you tried to leave, begging you to stay… And you've stayed with me all this time. Thank you so much… For everything.

"Vaan, Fran… I'll never forget our days spent together. We played together, us and Recks. I think that's why I was always so happy… And then, you refused to let me become a summoner, but I became one anyway. I'm sorry… I've always wanted to apologise… But becoming a summoner is something I've always wanted to do. You two trying to stop me, really made me happy. You cared for me, like a big brother and sister… No… You are my big brother and sister. I always loved watching you play Blitzball Vaan. I even enjoy it when you scold me Fran." She laughed. "Really!"

She paused.

"I guess that leaves you Balthier. Sky Pirate of Ivalice… You… You are…" She sighed. "I'm very glad that we've met… We haven't even known each other for that long. It's funny… So this is what it feels like… It's even more wonderful than I could have ever imagined it. Wonderful… But it's painful sometimes… I just want to say… Thank you, for everything!" She paused. "Maybe that's why it hurts… When I think about us never being together again at all… I'm afraid." She whispered. "No! I shouldn't say it like that! I'll redo that part!"

- True Feeling's... Come From The... Heart & Soul...

" Let Your Eye's Betray Your Heart " - Fran Viera 82
Fran Viera 82 chapter 38 . 4/25/2013
She looked up at his touch, tears running down her face. Balthier took a step closer to her and brought his lips onto hers, closing his eyes, he slowly wrapped his arms around her.

Ashe was shocked at first, but soon she too closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around him, she had never felt anything like it before, and she couldn't describe it. She felt calm and secure in his arms, and she would have gladly stayed like that forever, she felt happy like this. Gently they fell into the water, barely making a splash and started to drift downwards, still embracing and kissing each other.

Their kiss and being in the water gave them a feeling of weightlessness, and they would have both been happy to stay like that forever. They parted lips briefly, only to look deep into each others eyes, and Ashe placed a hand on his cheek and smiled at him, Balthier smiled back, and stroked her hair affectionately. The water all around them glowed, but neither truly noticed, at that moment, they only noticed each other, and that was all they needed to know of. They kissed once again and held each other, floating in the water.

It was truly wonderful.

I Am Going Too... Kill Baltheir... For Kissing Ashe... !
Fran Viera 82 chapter 34 . 4/24/2013
"How's Seymour still alive?" Penelo asked.

"He is dead, but his attachment to this world, kept him from the next, that is how he is still here." Auron replied.

"Creepy." Penelo shuddered slightly.

Lol ! Penelo Is Scared... Of Living Zombie's... Lol !
Fran Viera 82 chapter 28 . 4/24/2013
They stood near the exit of the tunnel they just exited. Balthier looked out ahead of him, no grass grew in this area and large towers were set here and there along the plains. Lightning struck them every so often. A bolt of lightning struck the nearest one and Penelo yelped slightly. Everyone looked at her. She was huddling herself close together, holding her arms to her chest, and keeping her legs bent. She looked like she was afraid that if she stood straight, she'd be struck by lightning.

Lol ! Poor Penelo... Lol !
Fran Viera 82 chapter 27 . 4/24/2013
"He…. He asked me to m-marry him!" Ashe said, holding her hands to her now hot face.

Lol ! Poor Crazy Ashe... Lol !
Fran Viera 82 chapter 23 . 4/24/2013
"Well, we called to you, but with all that snoring." Fran said smiling, and chuckling slightly.

"Hey! Why's everyone picking on me?"

Everyone started laughing, even Auron. Ashe looked over at him, looking shocked.

"You too sir Auron?"

"Once lady Ashe fixes her hair, we'll leave."

Lol ! Ashe Bad Hair Day... Lol !
Fran Viera 82 chapter 14 . 4/24/2013
She grabbed Balthier's hand and pulled him out of the room, and started to run towards the stadium, leaving Fran inside the locker room with Vaan.

That Is Not... Good At All... Not Funny At All...
Fran Viera 82 chapter 10 . 4/24/2013
Ashe turned around and faced the door; she held her hands up to her face. I can't believe I just did that! Ashe thought to herself. Her face felt hot to touch, she wasn't sure if she had ever felt more embarrassed in her life.

Lol ! Ashe... Lol !
flame brick chapter 7 . 9/17/2008
why didn't Balthier use an esper yet?
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 50 . 5/12/2008
My my! I see you've taken quite the -wonderfully stellar- twist with the ending! ;)

Regardless, throughout the entire story (an epic 50 at that!), you've done amazingly well to stay true to the elements of FFX, all while putting in a healthy balance of FFXII, and a few of your own plot-additions into it. You've also quite the knack for writing some very convincing Bal/Ashe; I trust we'll see more of this in the future?

Overall, kudos to you for penning such an entertaining and enthralling entry to FF fandom! :)
SquiggleSmurf chapter 50 . 5/11/2008
Wow, it's finally over. After all the writer's block, waiting, and anticipation, it's finally over. I'm a bit dissatisfied about the ending. It seems a little sudden. And it makes me wonder: did this Ashe combine with the other Ashe or are there two Ashe's? Oh, my head...

Still, I really like how you described the pain of killing the aeons in Chapter 49. It was heartfelt and emotional. I love Valefor, too...

I commend you for writing and completing this story. Novelizations of video games are not easy and most give up. Still, despite the long breaks, you did it. Congratulations SecretGuardian! I await to see what you'll come up with next.
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 49 . 5/10/2008
Poor Ashe... losing her Aeons, and now losing Balthier... however shall she and the guardians cope?

Regardless, your fight-scenes were wonderful and detailed as ever, hence, throughout the entertaining and depthful journey this epic crossover has proved to be, I await the epilogue with unyeilding anticipation! :)
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 48 . 2/8/2008
Even if you're a tad bit iffy on this chapter, I loved every line of it. :)

(Course, the Balthier/Cid battle was everyting I hoped it to be ((and a bit more, even! :D)), what with Cid continuing with his dreams of grandeur, only because he wanted to try and see his beloved.)

Still, the way Fran's magick attacks are written are always the best to read; next to the Aeon summons!

(And worry not, I don't hold anything against you for not going for a sequel. After all, FFX should have stayed as the 'tragic-yet-somewhat-hopeful-ending-for-lovers' story that it was; instead of having its reputation sullied by X-2... :S)

All and above, I've anticipation for an epilogue, which would be the icing on the cake for such a fantastic interpretation of two of my favourite FF games, co-mingled and blended with such artistic success. ;)
SquiggleSmurf chapter 48 . 2/8/2008
Wow, it's been so long that I've almost completely forgot about this story! I'm sorry! But that doesn't matter now. After about 3 months (I think), you're back with a new chapter. Thank you!

I thought this chapter came out pretty good. I'll just glad to have read it finally. That part at the end made me a little sad. Characters who realize their downfall always get to me...

I know writer's block can be tough, but try to overcome and post the last chapters soon. There are still some questions I want answered, and I have to know what happens to Balthier and Ashe!

Btw, I don't mind that there wouldn't be a sequel. If that's the way you feel, I'm perfectly fine with it.

Try to update as soon as you can!
SquiggleSmurf chapter 47 . 11/10/2007
Yeah, this chapter was a bit short and boring, but I understand why it has to be this way. It's because of the next chapter, right?

Alfador: Yes, the next chapter. The big confrontation. Will everything finally be explained? Ah, the suspense is killing me!

I know! Me too! Me too! Hurry and update! Don't leave me hanging here!