Reviews for A Beauty and a Peasant
Caroline Lily-ann Youla chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
it was such a lovely story :)
Jimli chapter 2 . 1/9/2013
I like it! Light, fluffy, definitely a different look at the whole thing. And of course, my favorite part - the happy ending.

I rather like the knight as a character; as simple as his part is, he is full of personality.

Jimli :)
Fell4 chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Loved it! Really cute! I love the little Snow White subplot! This is a really original story! Good Job!

Jartastenr chapter 1 . 1/2/2011
Aawwww! It was so cute! Very good writing technique and the plot was very original!
Random Drama chapter 2 . 10/12/2008
Just wondering... How did Snow White get there?
anonymous chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
I liked it. A little outside-of-the-box sort of story, but nice! Prince Charming seemed far too gullible when he just up and decided to believe the guy and go find Snow White. But other than the prince's confusing character it's all good!
Sincerely Anonymous chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
Sweet and cute. I love the idea of the Knight and Snow White. I think this story is simple yet lovely.
Robynne chapter 2 . 7/10/2007
I liked the idea of sleeping beauty's man being a peasant and I also liked how you told the story (the pace was both active and detailed).

I have a few suggestions that may boost the story in a few ways.

1. Your princess speaks without short-cuts, it gives the audience a sense of her noble upbringing. But the peasant uses modern colloquials in his speech- it downplays the fairy tale setting of it all (unless you were intending a modern fairy tale, in which case I apologise).

ex. 'Alright' and 'Something like that' (also, the peasant's speech patterns are very modern [ex. the italics on obviously when he is talking to the knight]).

2. This peasant... is he a rich peasant? Because it's pretty nice that he had a horse. Actually, adding an adjective would help with the continuity.

for example, try '...jumping on his old horse and...' or '...jumping on his scraggly horse and...'. This way it's less like the dirty-peasant-on-a-fine-stallion image and more the the dirty-peasant-on-and-equally-dirty-horse sort of image.

You don't have to take this reveiw as a flame, it's not meant as such.

The way you recapped what had happened and how the story had evolved through gossip was great, very realistic.

I don't normally like short stories, but this one was pretty good. Keep it up.
PsyKnight chapter 2 . 5/24/2007
Good story. I really like the idea of the Sleeping Beauty and her love knowing each other before the spell and the forbidden love angle. I just wish it was longer.
charmielove chapter 2 . 4/29/2007
A nice, sweet story! :)
Amethyst chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
Nice story twist of the fairytale
CascadeOfBeauty chapter 2 . 4/8/2007
I think this story is really sweet...I like it better than the original...I love forbidden love. Great plot great descriptions...Just an overall GREAT! Looking to see more from you.
Emerald Soccer Cat 591 chapter 2 . 4/8/2007
Pretty darn good my friend! Pretty darn good. I wish I could write like this...but alas, no.
FaylinnNorse chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
Cute! I found it most amusing that Snow White just happened to also be in the nearby vicinity. Good job!
Reader in the Corner chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
How did the peasant stay young for a hundred years?

I like the peasant's reaction to the knight trying to get in.