Reviews for Shinobi OneHalf
sandcrawlr chapter 9 . 4/12/2010
Story is good. Enjoyed the read. Keep up the writing. I will admit though, as my knowledge of Naruto is much less than Ranma, I'm a bit confused on the time period, given that several of the main anime characters are no where to be found.
red chapter 9 . 4/2/2010
love the story
FrictionX42 chapter 9 . 4/1/2010
Brilliant maneuver, bringing Nabiki into the mix. I'll be looking forward to seeing what she does with the politics in Konoha...
avatoa chapter 8 . 3/29/2010
How old is Anko in this story?
Riz987 chapter 9 . 3/21/2010
Pretty good story keep it up.
The DCG chapter 9 . 3/20/2010
The lack of any ranmachan fun is rather disappointing.
angel61991 chapter 9 . 3/16/2010
love it so far. i think its really cute that u made it in2 a brother/sister relationship btwn ranma & anko. please update soon.
TegwenielWestwind chapter 9 . 3/15/2010
Updates are awesome! I'm glad Ranma is getting over his fear of cats slowly, but it'd be nice to see him getting over his fear of relationships too. Maybe actually get some female friends who aren't out to claim him or use him or abuse him. Not sure Nabiki counts. Although, it would be amusing if Nabiki ended up taking up some of Juraiya's perversions.
keichan2 chapter 9 . 3/13/2010
Thanks for the new chapter!

I can't wait to read about this first mission!

I'm sure that Nabiki's reaction to "roughing it" might be somewhat entertaining in the beginning (well, to be honest, only for a fleeting moment: I'm sure her pride will prevent her to whine about this... The noble, on the other hand :-D)

That, and I'm sure that a three weeks mission will certainly have some things happen ;-p

Please, update soon!
Hiryo chapter 9 . 3/12/2010
My I missed how you wrote so many stories and read already through it XD

I look forward to your next Ranma & Ranma-xover stories (inkl. those on AA. ;) )

Please update soon your wonderful Ranma & Ranma-xover fanfic stories!
Bobboky chapter 9 . 3/12/2010
good
NullFactor chapter 9 . 3/12/2010
I was happy to see this new update to this story. Although I basically enjoy your various Omake/Looping stories, they're mostly snapshots with no story or plot development. So they're entertaining, but that's about it. This particular storyis one of my favorites, on the other hand, so I'm glad to see you adding more to it.

As far as this chapter goes, I thought it was quite good. Whenever you do a crossover there will be disagreement about just how strong one character 'should' be in relation to characters from the other story. There's really no way to reach a perfect answer on this, basically the author has to go with what they feel is appropriate and what fits their own story.

To me, the strength and development of the various characters basically seem believable. Perhaps Nabiki is progressing 'too fast,' but with a five-tailed creature in her it can be accepted. If she suddenly starts going toe-to-toe with Ranma or some other heavy hitter, though, I'd say that would be way too much.

As far as relationships go, this story seems to be headed to a Ranma-Nabiki matchup which I have to admit disappoints me a bit. Frankly in canon Nabiki has always treated Ranma like crap and there's never been any evidence she's doing it to earn money for her family or anything like that. She's simply a greedy bitch. Of course, author privlege trumps all and if you want to make her secretly the breadwinner for the Tendos, of course you can do that.

It still means, however, that she's consitstently belittled and walked all over Ranma the whole time he's been in Nerima, no matter that she's been doing it for a 'good cause'. Personally, that sounds like a horrible basis for a relationship between them. Ranma might stick with her because they only have one another in this world and/or his fears about what would happen should they return to their home world, but that doesn't mean he should be all that interested in getting together with her.

And that's particularly true since Nabiki seems to be in large part following her usual M.O. with him in this world. True, she's not pawning him off or selling photos to potential rapists, but she's still ordering him around, berating him and basically treating him like a particularly slow, mentally handicapped toddler. And unfortunately you have Ranma continuing to spinelessly buckle under to her trampling all over him. The only thing he's stood up to her about is the master bedroom in their new house, otherwise he's still the little puppy everyone loves to kick. Yeah, that sounds just the kind of woman I want to get together with to me.

This all could of course change over the course of time as they stay longer in the Naruto world. You've written a number of other, very excellent stories with this matchup where that very thing happens. But why not branch out from the obvious relationship here and instead hook him up with Anko?

I have to admit that the Ranma-Anko relationship has always seemed like one that could really work well. I've seen a couple stories kind of go that way, but none of them were ever finished that I noticed. But this story is one where it could really work out. You already got a brother-sister relationship budding for them, but that could change easily enough. I'm not sure what the difference in ages would be at this time, but I don't think it's very big. Maybe two, three or four years at the most.

Also, when you look at it, Ranma and Anko have a lot in commong. They love fighting and improving themselves in battle, something Nabiki doesn't and never realistically would care about. They've survived through very rough childhoods and difficult training regimes. Nabiki lost her mother when she was maybe nine or so, but she's always had a home, caring family members around her, food on the table, etc. I think both Anko and Ranma would have killed for that kind of life.

Also, both Ranma and Anko know what betrayal is like; Ranma repeatedly from how his father and other supposed martial arts 'teachers' have treated him. (And on that note, could we just kill Jiraiya? Do the best fighters have to have the worst, most useless trainers out there?) Anko of course much more seriously with Orochimaru turning traitor and giving her the Cursed Seal. Actually the Cursed Seal and Ranma's Jusenkyou Curse (and Neko Ken experiences) have a certain similarity though of course Anko's situation is much worse than Ranma's in that regard. All Nabiki has done is continually abuse and taunt Ranma for his problems that were caused by Genma.

In the end of course the story is yours, so you'll write what fits your image for the story. And you're a good enough writer that I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever it is you write. But still, I do hope this doesn't turn into another Ranma-Nabiki matchup and instead gives Anko a chance.

Well, thanks for your update and I'm looking forward to the next one.

NullFactor
ShadowCrawler7 chapter 9 . 3/12/2010
Very cool story. It is hard to picture Nakabi fighting but it is an interesting twist. I like how the story is well developed, it has good substance to it. Look forward to reading more great work.
Mizuno Tenshi2 chapter 9 . 3/11/2010
Awesome new chapter, looking forward to more, and hopefully with less wait? :D

Awesome bit with Tora, and it makes too much sense!

Plus Banker Nin. Awesome. Pure awesome!
The Wandering Soul of 1014 chapter 9 . 3/11/2010
-I applaud you for your continued attention to the time loops, and your addition of the first loops for the secondary loopers in Ranma, HP, and Naruto (can you include Naruto and Harry explaining the loops to their respective newbs? You kind of skipped out on that this time).

However, I would like to make sure that you are paying attention to your older stories. Shinobi OneHalf and No Need for Destiny are good and all, but you've updated them recently in the past as well, and I have yet to see anything from True Angel and PokeRanma for a while now. Please do not forget them or any of your others (I don't think there is a single story on your file that doesn't interest me).

Happy writing, and update soon!
434 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »