Reviews for Gale Warnings
Catasauqua chapter 15 . 6/11/2007
I can't believe it's over! I'm already feeling withdrawls!

LOVED the phone call to the doctor!

Dr. Sheridan, you have no idea how your future is going to change from that one phone call.

All of that work planting in Craven's yard and he can't even appreciate it, being a ghost and all. I sure hope you get to call this place home base!

A small spotting scope etched with the constellation Orion along its length. Orion, The Hunter - chaser away of all things evil. Seems to me this gift was for Dean.

"I don't know if I'll ever be ready for that thing." Oh, you and me both!

Before John could comment further Craven waved one hand and he was alone...He could only take that man in small doses.. I just love Craven!

Ah, Dante, you had no choice.

"He didn't say. Just said not to worry about them" Oh, Dean! Sam won't be happy. I hope omission of the truth isn't the same as lying. I see trouble here.

Gas, drink and snacks. They're really on their way to South Carolina! God help them.

Wonderful, wonderful story! Your OC's are extremely well written and do not overwhelm. Your scenes descriptions are visual and intense. The relationship you developed between the brothers is powerful and loving. It doesn't get any better than this!

I can't wait for "Landfall" or "Storm Surge" or whatever the next story will be!

You never fail to deliver. Thank You.

How about "Cat 5"! hehe
Adara-chan67 chapter 15 . 6/11/2007
Okay, so I suck, and I am exhausted, and I have spent the day babysitting an eight-year-old holy terror for the eight hours, and this is probably one of the last fanfics I will probably read before I go crash, so that's why this review is gonna be sadly short and contain very little that is actually constructive.

Basically, the only thing that can work its way through my sleepy brain is, "Good." Like, REALLY good. INSANE good. And...erm...write more stories...soon...

Also, my favorite part of the whole story was the beginning of this chapter when Dean was talking to the doc. Seems important for me to tell you that, for some reason.

And now...I am off to bed. I hope. If I can stop my Boyz tape AND close the Boyz fanfic window, all without suffering some sort of aneurysm.

Oh, and I think the sequel should be titled "Storm Surge."

There. I have given my input on the matter. _
Nilah chapter 15 . 6/11/2007

This chapter was heavy, and it's made me anticipate the sequel even more.

Gardening Dean...loved him. And those images that came to my mind of a sweating, bare backed Dean weren't so bad either.

Loved the Dr Sheridan touch. Is he going to feature in your next offering?

"Dean, things do not go bump in the night around you...they go crash, they go bang and they explode." Loved that line!

John and Craven's conversation, "You'll tell Sam what to do?...Good luck with that. Lemme know how it wors out for you." I burst out laughing at that and had my friend looking at me funny. It really brought a laugh to my lips. More like a guffaw! Good thing I wasn't eating. I'd have choked.

Any Road...great choice.

Thank you for a great story.
Maygin chapter 15 . 6/11/2007
Awesome girl. Good ending for a great story! Pretty sure you already know this from my other reviews, but I LOVE this series! I love it's characters and I love your take on SN! The Elements and The Hunter and of course - sweet Sammy :)

I thought it was great how you had them riding into the storm at the end. Very ominous and a great take on Bobby's quote. It's an awesome way to end a story. It's so very much a middle-story ending ya know? Like, we're left with them riding into danger; like the 2nd Pirates, or Two Towers, or Empire Strikes Back... it's the middle of the Trilogy - assuming yours is a trilogy and it's just a great solid ending! Great job!

I have to laugh at your continual usage of 'Pop'... are you from a Northern state? I've heard it called, 'pop', 'soda' (what we mid-westerners call it) and then just plain 'coke' which is crazy if you ask me. Because what if you want a sprite? Why would you say 'coke'? Whatever - we're all so unique it's amazing ;)

Can't wait for the next journey to being!
Noelani618 chapter 15 . 6/10/2007
Sweet! Loved the ending, especially the poem at the end. It fit the story perfectly! hehe, Craven's gift was very sweet and clever since Sam doesn't know what its really for but Dean does. The comparison of Dean and Craven's father was fascinating and really cool. I hope you plan on expanding on that in one of the sequals because you have a bunch of material to work with(and I'm curious!). Loved the brotherly love and your final line: "While thousands of cars headed north out of the storm, one lone black Impala sped south, traveling straight into the coming storm."

Beautiful! For your title for the third I think Storm Surge would suit it best but that's just me. All the titles sound great so pick the one you like best.

Oh, I almost forgot about Michael Sheridan! The conversation between him and Dean was beautifully done and I hope you plan to bring him back. I think he would add a great dynamic with Craven, Concha, Dante, and Bobby. A doctor, a war veteran, a junkyard owner, a tracker, and a etheral hunter; quite a mix! Ah well, I'll be on the look out for the next story and congratulations on a fantastic finish!
Rhesa chapter 15 . 6/10/2007
Sorry I haven't reviewed before this, but I have really enjoyed your story. It's the first of yours I've read I think, and now I intend to go check out your other offerings. The story has been exciting, and moving with lovely brother interaction. I really enjoyed Dean Thanking the Doc in this chapter, it was a lovely scene. Looking forward to your sequel as I can't wait to see what trouble the boys get into during a hurricane.
Noelani618 chapter 14 . 6/9/2007
Hey, sorry about not reviewing earlier; the internet just refused to work. So onward. Great tension you built with the hunters coming after Sam and Concha's reaction to her brother's defensive measures. I enjoyed seeing Dante in action and I look forward to seeing him with the boys a bit more later on down the road. He's a good man to have as an ally. Love how Dean kept Sam fairly calm just by moving closer to his little brother. I look forward to more brotherly bonding (especially during that hurricane)and jokes that we all love them for. Great job and I hope to see an update soon!
GuestTypePerson chapter 14 . 6/9/2007
interesting. now that was a little different. i liked it though. dante and concha watching out for dean and sam. those boys always need a little extra help.

im really looking forward to the next chapter!
Catasauqua chapter 14 . 6/7/2007
Yes, yes, yes! Concha'a back!

BigBlack is headed towards a hurricane? Why can't you wait for it to find a nice little outbreak of twisters or something?

Oh, shit! Steve Wandall! Good going Concha! Dante will get the point across. hehe

Uh oh, they didn't want to make nice and now Dante's pissed!

Big, big mistake grabbing her! HUGE! Oops, you might have lived if her brother hadn't showed up!

This must be hard for Dante. In the war, he killed the enemy, but these men were Hunters, like himself. I can't help to think there will be some fall out from this.

Sides were chosen, lines were drawn.

Great update! Thanks!

Catasauqua chapter 13 . 6/1/2007
I gotta be fast here. Power keeps going out!

Run away from that place as fast as you can!

No! Don't stop at the school!

Oh, Hell, the thing was in the car!

"I have to pee." hehe.

"You were gone, you never leave..." Dean, you such an ass! See what your little hissy fit has done to him!

I'd LOVE to see Craven grocery shopping! Oh, wait, they probably deliver! Nevermind.

Hmm, Sam's not sharing with Craven!

Oh, shit! They're going to South Carolina!

Great update!

Noelani618 chapter 13 . 5/31/2007
Poor Sammy! But good thing Dean's there! I love the protectiveness Dean displays for his little brother, and the hints that Sam can be just as lethal as his brother if he wants to. Goes to show how well Dean raised him, how strong their bond really is. I liked Craven's perspective of the boys and how the hunt had effected them both. And the last line about him missing them being underfoot had me chuckling; someone's going soft in his old age! I also liked his observations about Dean and Sam; how Sam is the eager student but Dean the curious one. Dean and gradening? Hehe, you've got to bring that back later! Aw well, fantastic chapter again and I look forward to the next!
GuestTypePerson chapter 12 . 5/26/2007
interesting. aw. poor sammy. he and dean had a really bad night. evil boogeyperson! i gotta see whats goin to happen next, so i hope that the next chapter will be up soon.
Catasauqua chapter 12 . 5/26/2007
This creature is beyond vile!

Quick thinking there, Dean!

Divide and conquer? Alienation it's victim? That's it guy's! Think, think, think!

Hmm, I wonder if Craven knows the answer or if he just sent them out because he thought they were the only ones who stood a chance of finding the truth?

Great update!

Noelani618 chapter 12 . 5/26/2007
Awesome! Dean saved Sammy, Sammy saved Dean...yep, all's well! Your description of the boogeyman and its strategy was brilliant and I can't wait to see how the boys are going to kill it. Should be very interesting to say the least! Ya know, when you were describing the black goo that made up the boogeyman I keep having a mental image of that black stuff from Spiderman 3. Is that what gave you the idea? Ah well, love it anyway and I anxiously, impatiently anticipate the next chapter. Great job!
Gizzygiz chapter 12 . 5/26/2007
I am loving this story so much! The dean/sam relationship is so sweet! And then you've got some angst, action, etc. thrown in too! I've been totally hooked for awhile, and continue to wait anxiously for your next updates! Very cool story! Gotta luv scared Sam and protective/frustrated Dean! You write the big/little brother thing so well! Can't wait for the next part! :) :)
67 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »