Reviews for Solitaire
Dark-flames chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
oh, loved the ending with 'it's sammy'... Great set up for the next chappy (hopes there'll be one). All in all a really interesting start on a take on what happened to the boys more in depth post JOhn, and how Sam felt about Dean's dealing with it. Oh and how sam dealt with it, never really saw that...
irishgirl9 chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
GReat job with that! I loved the bit with the refrigerator. Sam's last thought was so heartbreraking!
Brenny chapter 1 . 4/10/2007
ow please right more, really good start, can't wait for more, i smell a chick flick *g*
irismay42 chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
So that last line just slayed me dead right there: "It's Sammy." *gulp*

This was just fantastic - the missing scenes I've been waiting for someone to write - and I'm glad it was someone as talented as you who decided to do it. You've got the boys spot on here, and you've also captured Bobby's speech patterns and his wisdom just perfectly (and I love that he watches Medium!)

You also made me wonder whether this is how Dean felt when Sam lost Jess - just wanting Sam to talk to him. As the YED said in Devil's Trap, Dean pretty much does need his family more than they need him, at least emotionally speaking, so for him to distance himself from Sam when he needs him the most shows just how much pain he must be in.

Great stuff! Thanks so much for writing this!
04238 chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
Oh, that just broke my heart. I loved the way you put the boys right on character, how Sam tried to help Dean, how you related Sam's... well, reaction to Dean after John's death to Dean's reaction to Sam after Jess' death and how Dean acted like John after Mary died. My fav part had to be when Sam tried reminiscing but Dean walked away. That was truly, truly depressing. Brilliant work!
SadeLyrate chapter 1 . 4/9/2007
Ouch.

ELAC is still the one episode from the Second Season that I can't watch objectively. The boys are just so...broken. Out of their depths. Out of sync in it.

And this?

Yeah, I can see all this happening, behind the scenes.

Though apparently my mental state's at the moment way too easily shaken...poor boys. Poor, _poor_ broken boys...
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
Great start. It's good to see the gaps that we didn't get to see on tv.
E. Clay chapter 1 . 4/8/2007
Nice job on this. I haven't read too many fics on the days shortly after John's death. I enjoyed the relationship between Sam and Dean, loved Sam bringing out two chairs and two plates of food for his brother when Dean wouldn't leave his car to even eat, and the last two lines were heart breaking. Poor boys. *Pulling them both in for a hug*