Reviews for The Onigiri Tastes Best Under the Summer Sun
Shattermirror chapter 14 . 9/28/2014
Awesome! (I'm sorry, I have a bad habit of making one word reviews.)
crazyfan17 chapter 14 . 8/25/2014
This was divine. It's awesome, funny as heck and we'll in character. Everyone had me rolling. Good job!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
Theres a reason as to why you can follo/favorite stories. Its for this FUCKIN WONDERFUL SAKUNOCENTRIC STORY! ilove it so much i even took screenshots at funny points in the story- one of my favorite was:

"Silence! How could Ore-sama know that someone could possibly match the splendor of his own hair when it was always put up in—those—stupid—dinky—infantile pigtails? The deceitful wench! Oh, but she shows her hair to Rikkai Dai, does she? She and Yukimura were probably spending their time braiding each other's hair and putting little flowers behind their ears and laughing at Ore-sama behind his back! Conspiracy!"

Lyk, O M G. this was the best Sakunocentric ficcie i've ever read! 99999999 stars, if my DATA is correct.
iiiiiiii dataaaa... XD
nikkicolez chapter 14 . 7/28/2013
Words can not express how wonderful this story is. It was written and thought out with such precision that it was absolutely brilliant! Nothing is better that getting sucked into a story so skillfully crafted. Can't to read what other stories you have written, no doubt that are exceptionally brilliant as well.
GallyandBlack chapter 14 . 3/28/2013
Great end to a great story!
JC-zala chapter 14 . 3/19/2013
I've finally reached the end of this wonderfully written story. It's not everyday that I get to read such fine work. It's clear that you've put a lot of thought and effort into this. Not only do I admire your writing style, I also like the fact you give justice to every character here. Of course, with the spotlight on Sakuno, I was delighted to see her portrayal the most. You've given much highlight to her mature and insightful nature, as well as her amazing talent in cooking. Even though she has potential in Tennis, she has decided to walk in another path and that is cooking. You did not waste her talent at all.

I can see that you've done your research about cooking competition. From components, plating, and food creativity and tasting, it's obvious that you know your stuff. Everything complimented Sakuno's character well.

The boys and their antics are definitely on the mark. They were so funny and interesting at the same time. And I was intrigued with how they bonded with Sakuno.

This was definitely worthwhile reading. I'm really glad that I was able to discover this.

Great job! Keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 13 . 3/19/2013
The cooking competition was intense. I have to say the Kin-chan's commentaries made it all the more interesting. But I'm really impressed with the way Sakuno managed her team. She was so poised and graceful, despite the tension, and she cooked up a storm. It's definitely a treat to see her talent being highlighted like that.

But the mayhem towards the end was well-written. I was at the edge of my seat. I didn't expect that totally.
JC-zala chapter 11 . 3/18/2013
I can't believe it took me long to get back to this story. I've been busy indeed, but I knew I couldn't resist after a while.

Sakuno's misadventures are interesting indeed. It's pleasure to see that her culinary is given such highlight. She had always been a good cook and shows potential to be a professional in the future. The very idea of the cooking faceoff with Hyoutei is keeping me on the edge. I'm very much intrigued to see how it's going to play out. With her hair and reputation at stake, Sakuno is more than determined to fight this thing and win it. I love her strength and will here. And she's very insightful with everything that goes around her.

I have to give you props for showing a different side to Ryoma. His normally cocky self actually gave in to his no-talent in cooking. But I have to admire his honesty and his desire to help Sakuno with the competition, even with his lack of knowledge in cooking.

It's obvious that you definitely know your stuff. You've done your research, especially about the food, mixing, etc. It's impressive.
Michiko Yokisama chapter 14 . 3/9/2013
Oh. My. Gosh. I can't believe you updated! It's been so long, I've forgotten all the little details, but I'm so glad you completed this story! I've loved all of the antics that Sakuno and the boys have gotten up to, as well as the detail you put into every chapter (every food description made me salivate). It's been a hilarious, fun, and sweet journey! Thank you for seeing it to the end!
JC-zala chapter 10 . 2/19/2013
Well, this chapter certainly was packed with a lot of humor. You can definitely deliver! And you manage to have perfect control over the wide range of characters here.

Niou-senpai had it coming to him. Trickster or not, he should have know better than to spread an edited picture of an innocent girl, even if he was doing it to teach his kouhai a lesson. Oh, gosh, I felt Akaya's rage here and Marui's distress. Sanada too! Yukimura can also give such threats in a rather mild manner, but still dangerous. Everyone in Rikkai really has grown fond of Sakuno-chan.

I can also imagine what Tezuka said to Sanada. Oh, gosh, that was priceless. Sakuno is definitely precious to Tezuka for him to act that way.

I see some tension going there with Ryoma. He deliberately dropped that racket on Momo's feet. Lolz... That was funny.

Such a nice OMAKE! :)
JC-zala chapter 9 . 2/19/2013
Niou-san, not every girl would like that... -_- This spells trouble obviously, but that's how Niou is. He's such a trickster. Poor Akaya... He's gonna be surprised at this. It's so cute that he has this crush on Sakuno-chan. He's mostly to be the most attracted to her, aside from Marui. I still remember Marui's preferences in girl, which is quiet and innocent, and good at cooking. Sakuno definitely fits the description.

Sakuno blends well with the Rikkaidai team. She has this charm that's so endearing that makes her perfectly fit in with the regulars. Everyone has taken a liking to her.

The festival scenes went well. I like the way you portrayed every moment here, even the taste-testing too.

Oh gosh, the ichinen trio scene was priceless. That was so cute! Sakuno Ryuuzaki is cute with braids but she's a beauty to behold when she has her hair down. That was amusing.
JC-zala chapter 8 . 2/19/2013
It was refreshing to have Sakuno reunite with her aunt and reminisce about her delicate mother. It was touching. And I'm rather intrigued by Aunt Natsuko's personality. Cursing aside, she's quite interesting. Sakuno's really serious about this challenge that she went to her aunt for help in cooking. I'm glad that she's expanding her horizon in cooking. Sakuno for the WIN!

Sakuno in a Yukata, cute and adorable! But Sakuno with her hair down in a yukata is a picture of ephemeral beauty! I wish the others could see her right now.
JC-zala chapter 7 . 2/19/2013
As much as I love these adventures, there were some parts in this chapter that bore me to be honest. Nonetheless, majority here made me love Sakuno more and more. She has definitely shown maturity and some useful quirks. Who would have guessed that she would be able to face Akutsu like that? I mean...That guy is a monster (though he's rather a jerk with a heart of gold), but, like Dan-kun, Sakuno is able to see pass his image.

I feel sorry for Mizuki here. Fuji is seriously messing his head and he's not even doing anything! Better not mess with the genius. Hehe... I also felt sorry for Mr. Duck Face, but I'm glad that Sakuno did the right thing and told him the truth.

Kaidoh has done her good. I really didn't expect that it would be Kaidoh accompanying her. I also thought Tezuka would the rightful one. But Kaidoh is pretty good too.

What's this about the Ichinen trio taking pictures of Sakuno with her hair down? I'm so curious! Better start reading the next one.
JC-zala chapter 6 . 2/18/2013
I went... "EEHHHHH?!" when Sakuno-chan brought up Kaidoh's name. I wonder how is he going to help. I'm so curious! But before I go reading the next chapter I have to review this one.

My, oh my, you've handled their meeting well. It's not cliche or over the top. It was simply natural for Sakuno to act like that when Ryoma entered the scene. Ryoma being Ryoma still has those quirks of being cocky and anti-social, but his manners did improve. People do change with age. Nothing relatively stays the same forever.

It's always a treat to have the Regulars together. It amuses me to read about how close and touchy Eiji-senpai is towards Sakuno. The senpai-tachi have been bringing up their matchmaking tendencies again, but I'm impressed with the way Sakuno handles them. She takes a mature turn for that.

As expected, the way Ryoma settles a problem is to show off or make challenges just to make the other side shut up and move on. He was right on that. Sakuno has to prove once and for her that she has the skills and they shouldn't mess with her.

Things got a lot more interesting, my friend.
C.Majalis chapter 14 . 2/18/2013
Lol yaaaaaay! I knew my loyalty would eventually pay off! Great ending, and super cute!