Reviews for The Game of Empires
RLS83843 chapter 36 . 9/12
Wow.
jess452 chapter 36 . 8/19
Thank you so much for updating. I had to go back and re read the whole story. It looks like Rogue is starting to warm up to Remi, I'm so glad. He could really use the support. Please keep writing!
Amber chapter 36 . 8/17
I'm so pleased to see this story updated. I love the developments between the LeBeau/Neramani family. How will Renee/Remi resolve their feelings, and more important for me, how will Rogue/Remi resolve things, especially now that they have formed a very strong psychic bond. Thanks for staying with this story.
Quasar54 chapter 1 . 8/16
Awesome to see the updates again, trust you're well Valerie!

Can't decide whether Blind Sight or GoE is my favourite, so I'll have to go with both as first :)
RRL24 chapter 36 . 8/11
You are seriously amazing. I literally have to reread this story (and it's prequels) any time you update because of the amazing details and complex plot. My hearts bleeds for Rogue. Looking forward to more.
Jehilew chapter 36 . 8/11
Jesus, you're fantastic at writing an adventure! Love the overlay of Remi/Remy, loved watching Charles and Rogue start to see it, too. I figure I'm going to love what this chapter does between Rogue and Remy, looking forward to the next chapter!
KitsuK8 chapter 36 . 8/10
Even after all these years, I still get so excited to read a new chapter! Loved the update :)
Winterwolfen chapter 36 . 8/10
Thanx for a good morning start, I'm still shocked over the update :-)
Some thoughts
- Glad Renee is okay, I was worried for a moment there
- I really love Remis sense of humor, as the scene with the boo staff, pure gold :-)
- Happy Rogue felt jealous over Token (BTW, nice to see her too making a comeback in the story)
- Well, s**t got real very fast in the story, in a way I feel sorry for Renee, she will not take a break for a while, but on the other hand, the story is progressing.
*Puts on a Poccy support T-shirt* I'm waiting for team Poccy to join the fight, sorry, I usually support the good side, but for once I want to see how a bad guy can develop as a character

Keep up the good work Val
Randirogue chapter 36 . 8/9
I was so excited to get notification for this in my email. It was tauntingly beautiful, yet too, too short for my aching addiction to this series. I do hope more, lots more, comes quickly. This makes me want to go back and read it all again.
Warrior-princess1980 chapter 36 . 8/9
Oh man I've missed this one! I'm wondering what jean saw that made her go whoa lol
Pawn'sVictory chapter 36 . 8/9
yippee yippee yippee!
so much fun with these stories.
way more than the characters are having.
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDD
BJ2 chapter 36 . 8/9
I'm so happy to see a new chapter. Thank you for not giving up on it. I haven't read a comic in years so it was nice to visit again with some old friends.
starsngarters chapter 36 . 8/9
A new chapter! ::Drops everything and reads it::
Mofalle chapter 35 . 6/5
It warms my heart that you are still writing. It's been a long time since I've looked at x-men fanfics. I was overjoyed to see your name pop up in my search. Thank you for determination to keep on writing, I love your writing style and what you've done with these characters.
Winterwolfen chapter 1 . 5/29
Dang it, I went and saw the X-men Apocalypse movie and now I'm in a GoE period again :(
*Puts down a bunch of fanfic carrots*, poor plot bunnies, hope this will help.
Not to spoil the movie but it was ok, but this is so much better, even if your version of Poccy is also a duchbag, he at least has a personality that's developing.

Also, this is a GoE-theory I've been thinking about for a while regarding Renee and Remi.
If I'm correct the Shiar descend from birds, right?
Well, bird, reptiles and other lower vertebrates do differ in a way from mammals and what I'm taking about is they have a nucleus in their red blood cells while mammals don't.
Thru evolution, mammals developed so the lack of nucleolus in the red blood cells would make more room for hemoglobin, and therefore able to carry more oxygen in the cell.
I'm no avian expert, but I do know that at least when it comes to birds, they have developed other ways to have a good stamina to be able to fly, for one they have developed different lungs to be able to transport oxygen better. This would explain Remi's unique physique, and also Renee's, but leaves one to wonder what else is unique about them.
My theory is their blood is really strange (duh), at least the red blood cells revel them, because their blood can't be analyzed in a normal hematology machine, but
instead the blood count must be done manually with a microscope (I should know, I worked at an animal hospital some years ago, LOL). X-men got their medical equipment from the Shi'ar empire, so it would not be a problem analyzing their blood there, and in 'paradox law' the whole world was pretty much destroyed, so I think Beast did some of the work with a traditional microscope.
But, if Apocalypse or Sinister ever did any work on them, I think their hematology machine would indicate something is wrong, but then again, in the mutant world maybe every mutant have unique blood?
Last note, I hope the X-men have their own blood bank in case of emergency, because both Renee and Remi might never find a blood donor matching them so they should be self doners if ever something happens to them?

As always, keep up the good work