Reviews for The Game of Empires
I'm usually a lurker, but I was so happy to see an update you brought me out of hiding. This chapter was brilliant as usual. Thanks for continuing, I hope we get to see more in future, and for your other stories too! :-)
SamG589 chapter 34 . 5/9
Hey welcome back!

You're one of my all time favourite authors and your fanfics are my favourite x-men stories. You were one of my first favourite authors.
Kat chapter 34 . 5/7
I'm really excited by this. When I saw the update, I went back and read the whole series to get everything fresh in my mind. I love how you're exploring exactly how complicated Remi's internal life is. He's got at least 4 separate selfs in his head right now it seems: 1) his own life up to age 15-16 (from his native timeline plus his time in the timeline where the paradox completely collapsed); 2) the life of the Gambit of Remi's original time (some of which he actively "remembers" from having those memories drawn upon to create his current-timeline Gambit persona, and others of which are semi-separated by the mental lockbox); 3) the manufactured set of fuzzy memories ages 11-16 that Xavier made for him; and 4) the memories and experiences he's had as Gambit-layered-over-Remi in this timeline (which are shaped by 2 and 3). I was almost expecting him to have a functional split in the Danger Room scene - compartmentalizing out the two tasks, so that "Remi" (Shi'ar inflections, space cruisers, and big-picture planning) dealt with the astral plane encounter with Jean/Cable while "Remy" ("chere" and risk-taking) handled the physical threats in the Danger Room.
RRL24 chapter 34 . 5/6
Wow, so glad there is a new chapter of this! I can't believe it took me so long to notice it. Looking forward to more!
Me Voila chapter 34 . 4/29
Even though its been a really long time since I last looked at this story, it has remained so vivid in my memory that when I started into this chapter, it felt like I had only left off yesterday. The characters, imagery and storylines you developed throughout this series really left an impression on me. Thanks so much for sharing this latest chapter...I'm very intrigued by the blurring that is happening between Remi and Gambit. And thanks for getting my imagination all fired up again :)
Jarrod chapter 34 . 4/28
I thought this fic was long dead... I think I started reading this trilogy back in college. That's like 15 years ago now.

Anyway, if you're writing, then awesome. I always wondered how this turned out.
beege chapter 34 . 4/26
You write such excellent, intricately constructed, fantastically characterised stories that any update from you is a real pleasure.

As to this chapter, if the X-men want Remy to make peace with his issues they'll have to start by acknowledging that he is Remi *and* Remy - the sum total of two rather different men. It seems like an unresolvable situation, but you have a talent for creating these knotty situations and then resolving them in a way that is emotionally believable.
Jehye chapter 34 . 4/25
Omg, I am SO HAPPY to see an update to this story! I often think about how this story might have ended, so I am so glad to see that you've returned to it with an update. I feel really bad for Remi in this chapter-the complicated structure of time travel, impersonating yourself, and having several different sets of memories has to make for the worst relationship issues ever. I'm still hoping they work it out though, but I have to admit, I'm really dying to see what becomes of Nightengale. She is still, hands down, my favorite OC across all of the fic I've read.
BJ2 chapter 34 . 4/25
You're back! You are back, aren't you? Now I need to go reread this from the beginning because I've forgotten important details. I left the fandom a while ago but for your stories I'm happy to fall back in. Thanks for not forgetting about this. Any chance we'll get an update on Blind Sight too? (PleasePleasePlease...)
Winterwolfen chapter 34 . 4/25
Wow, the puss in boots avatar works again, you updated! :D Yeah. I know I'm cheap, but I'm really happy. Thank you. It's nice seeing Remaillio nteract with Rogue, even if it's pretty akward, still it's a step in the right direction, I hope. Yay!
Megdalyn chapter 34 . 4/25
Fantastic! I truly love this story, thank you for updating it.
Serenblue chapter 34 . 4/24
Thank you!
Warrior-princess1980 chapter 34 . 4/24
Yay an update! I feel really bad for them both but really bad for Rogue
Ariana Deralte chapter 34 . 4/24
You know, I just started rereading Blind Sight (as I so often do) yesterday so it was pretty shocking to see an update by you. I quite like this story too though I don't reread it as often. That was a pretty neat fight scene. I really liked the psychic plane parts. Cheers!
Pawn'sVictory chapter 34 . 4/24
Yippeee! So great to see more of this verse.
Like the descriptions of the astral battle.