Reviews for An Elysian Piece
shadowphantomness chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
I must admit, I prefer the stage to the movie version. However, I am delighted to find this story again and saddened that I have not reviewed it yet! I can so see Erik falling for Christine but pulling away in time and being cold and distant. I suppose he feels that she deserves to be alone after what she did to him! I don't exactly blame him, either.
dksaga chapter 6 . 10/9/2013
This story is from forever ago, so you'll probably never see this, dear writer, but I am so wrapped up in it. So short, yet so full of emotion. So beautifully written, I'm right there in the room with them.
Thank you for sharing this.
Nagasasu chapter 11 . 10/8/2013
Oh, this was great to read! The opening lines got me right away. I haven't read POTO fic in such a long time, and this was such a wonderful reintroduction to the fandom again.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/3/2013
Finally! Someone who knows the difference between "chord" and "cord"! My hat is off to you for a great chapter with a great storyline as well as proper grammar and spelling!
FantomPhan33 chapter 11 . 4/27/2013
Too good! That was very nice, I liked how they got through it all without killing their love...or each other. I like how you called him volatile, that is SOOOO Erik. ha ha. I am happy for them. I will have to go see if you have too long in winter up. Like I said, I was told to check this one out so I don't know what else you have. Nice job. It was a very fun read.
FantomPhan33 chapter 10 . 4/27/2013
wow...that is all I can say.
FantomPhan33 chapter 9 . 4/27/2013
YOU FOOLISH GIRL - you have either made a very big mistake or proved a point...I am not sure which until I hit the next button.
But again...hubba hubba. Pretty steamy stuff and using the song, wow, you are really torturing that poor boy. I like how he tried to take the moral high ground but she waylaid him and poof, there went all his resistance.

Ok, off to see what he thought of what she just did. but Hey, they lost the mask the first time they kissed in HIS apartment...hopefully he will be OK with it.
FantomPhan33 chapter 8 . 4/27/2013
Ahhhhhhhh, way too sweet! He told her of his child hood, well some of it, and they cried together. I enjoy it when a writer has him talk to her about his past - I think it makes her understand him more and understanding is a large part of the battle. And how her kiss was the one thing he really ever wanted and she gave it to him back then and now. Hubba hubba.

And they BOTH said the I love yous...well he had said it before, but now it is on both sides so it is more special.
FantomPhan33 chapter 7 . 4/27/2013
Oh yes, wicked Erik is a lot of fun! And you do write him so well.

Wow, he was like "HOLY love me and I can't even scoop you up and kiss you right now?!" Ha ha poor boy. And here he was saying the evening was no going well. Something tells me it is about to pick up. ha ha.
FantomPhan33 chapter 6 . 4/27/2013
Ohhhh, when did the mask come off? Must have been during the kiss because I went back up and checked...he had it on when she entered. Black now too. how sexy.

And I loved how you said **he could not have stopped himself even had he fully mastered the art self control, which, of course, he had not.** Oh no, our dear sweet Erik has very little of that to spare. ha ha.

Then when he thought this **The wicked part of his mind was conscious of the bed nearby** I was like OH not you better not...too soon son, too soon! And thankfully he listened and all was well. But I have to give him points for restraint there. good boy.

Very lovely chapter and I look forward the the rest of them.
FantomPhan33 chapter 5 . 4/27/2013
I realize the story is complete, but I am sure you are still out there someplace either writing more stories or just reveling in the continued enjoyment we readers are finding in your story. I have waited to review till now since I have found myself abandoning stories after a few chapters and didn't wish to review too soon. But I do have to say that your words and descriptions are very impressive. I love your Nadir - and how Erik trounces him at chess so often (I have to admit to letting my Nadir win ONE game before my story was over - it was the least I could do) and I liked how you went back and told the back story so beautifully of how Erik and Christine survived and carried on after the last scene went dark. Poor Erik, his life was so tragic and then it went from bad to worse for him. Laughed out loud when Nadir tossed him in the tub though - that was very funny. I think I will like your Nadir/Erik interaction a lot as I continue. I was delighted to see how forward Christine was, she is not the scare little child any longer and she knows if she wants her man she is going to have to fight for him. He needs to be fought for for a change. He deserves it.

I will be reviewing more as I read further. I am very glad someone recommended that I check this one out during my hiatus. I am very impressed.
Yvonne chapter 6 . 1/27/2013
Ooooh! I'm finished with Chapter 6, and you have me well hooked! You're a fine storyteller, one of the best I have read on this board. Your Erik and Christine are very believable. I can imagine them, years after the events of the 2004 Phantom of the Opera movie, having this tantalizing conversation. For them to come together now, Erik fully sane and Christine fully adult, will be all the sweeter.

I hope the author is still returning to this board occasionally, to read our words of praise. Author, thanks very much for this story!
Kenyatta Harmon chapter 11 . 12/27/2012
I'll admit when I first started reading this it sucked but it got really interesting Nd by the end I Loved it
Kate Pendragon chapter 11 . 2/2/2012
I really love this story!

shadowphantomness chapter 2 . 1/23/2012
I do love stories where Christine returns to Erik, though I'm afraid that Raoul might have spoiled her for him at times. It does not yet seem to be the case in this, and the first chapter was lovely and sensual.