Reviews for A Family Affair
Ruki44 chapter 12 . 7/10/2007
o.0 i dont understand y Riza can't adopt em. my cousins were adopted and my aunt had no problem...well she had to wait a long time...now im confused
Akane chapter 4 . 7/10/2007
Okay let me say this. you rock. I was writing a fanfic with me and my friend in it. And I had Havoc and Sheska married. lol.
winglessfairy25 chapter 12 . 7/10/2007
Yeah. The last bit was kind of depressing but this chapter really mirrors how life goes and I love it for that. You did a really great job and I like the flow of the story/ I'm looking forward to your next chapter cuz you said that we'd love you by then but we have loved u as a writer from the very start. Great job!

Erinn~
Kaichoo chapter 12 . 7/10/2007
hohh... what an interesting chapter.. adoption, such drastic measures... and here i thought she cant adopt them since she's not married or sumthing.. hahahahha~ *rubs head*

anyway, i'll be waiting for the next chapter! keep up the good job!

p/s- if i was zeke, i would kill the boy instead of just punching it. hahahahaha...

~when Logic meets Art~

-Kai Isolated-
Kaichoo chapter 11 . 7/10/2007
ah.. i'm finally back. sorry for not reviewing the last chapter! i forgotten! anyways. i like like like like like like this! hahahaha~

anyways, how long again are you planning for this story?

fyi, i love daisies. hahahah~ splendid. great job.

okay, next chapter shall i?
Dailenna chapter 12 . 7/10/2007
I love the name Ezekiel. Seriously. It's just so different, but it's not made up so you don't have people rolling their eyes at you for using it.

Ohh, that dude telling his nephew that about Roy and Riza . . . he is so infuriating. There's bound to be somebody, because it's hard to miss, and any guy being friends with any girl causes rumour half the time anyway. When people get as close as they are, that just takes the rumour-mill on a whole new level!

Again Zeke knows all! I love his explanation for knowing that Roy isn't sleeping with Riza. He's good at reasoning things out - which would actually make him good with investigations or experimentation.

Ooh, Roy and Riza were getting close there, at the sink. He'd cornered her :3 How emotional :P

There was a sentence that confused me a bit in a few places, because I mentally arranged it the wrong way, but now I've looked at it again I think you might just be missing a word: "It wasn’t long before she was asleep again, the adults heading back towards and when Zeke woke up a little while later with his tummy rumbling they were playing a quiet game of chess." I think the word is missing between "towards" and "and".

Roy's explanation of using your fists to defend rather than to attack is good.

Poor Beth wants to be adopted. It's good that she's choosing it rather than having adoption thrust on her (I know at least one person whose life has been very confused because she was adopted).

From Riza's comment when she's speaking with Gracia ("How to choose...?"), it looks as though she's only allowed to adopt one of the children. There hasn't been mention of that in the rest of the chapter, and I hope it isn't true, but it looks like it could be there. She doesn't have to choose, though - Roy can adopt the other one, and then they can get married and have them both! Yaay!
It's Still Bizzy chapter 12 . 7/10/2007
PSS (Or PPS...)

(I need to thoroughly plan out my comments before I leave one)

The last line in this chapter made me want to cry. I read it again, becuase I was sort of skimming quickly (I'm tired), but oh my gosh...it hurt. It literally hurt...

I want to know what it is she has to choose between. I'm curious. Very curious.

I'll stop harassing you with my spazzing, less-than-complete reviews now, I promise.
Bizzy still chapter 12 . 7/10/2007
PS: One qualm about this chapter. I know Riza tends to want to keep her distance especially after Roy hurt her, but I could never see her being willing to push Roy from her life. She wants to do what she can for the children and he seems so involved in that...I can't see her being willing to get rid of him to spare the rumors.

Then again, it makes me very sad to think about the paradox she's caught in. Letting Roy be involved seems to allow rumors that involve the children; but kicking Roy out would probably hurt the children just as much.

Still, very sad...so sad..
Bizzy chapter 12 . 7/10/2007
Guess who? It's Bizzy; my comp is being odd and won't load pages so I can't log in at the moment.

This chapter made me very, very sad. There were points where my stomach literally hurt, and I was just _sad_ for them. Sad because it just doesn't get to go smoothly.

Sad because Zeke felt so obligated to defend his Aunt and "Uncle". Sad that Beth is so afraid that she and her brother will be taken away and they will be orphans. (In retrospect, I wonder if it might've helped if Riza admitted that she was, technically, and orphan before she 'came of age')

This chapter just made me so sad. There were some mistakes but that's all right; the events were just very powerful. It was a little jerky this time around but again I know you said you rushed this chapter. I'm just glad to see more.

Yay for no cliffhangers. I hate cliffhangers they make me sad...that's why I try to write the entire story before I post it, so that if I do have to leave a cliffhanger I can give the next chapter soon.

Can't wait for more!
Crystal Mage chapter 12 . 7/9/2007
Ah, so much drama in one chapter. It's awful that there're more rumors going about concerning Roy and Riza. I know there have to have been rumors for a while, but dragging the kids into it is just unforgivable. *sigh* I am glad Roy got Riza to not kick him out of her life. That sink bit was so pretty... ;~;

The adoption bit seemed to come out of nowhere for me, because I hadn't even thought about it, since Zeke's so sensitive about that sort of thing. Poor Beth. *hugs* Out of curiosity, what was the paragraph that bothered Riza the most? Can she only adopt one child at once? I wish adoption rules weren't so ridiculous!

We've got to be nearing the end, huh? Does that mean we're going to get into fluff territory? I can't wait, even though I'll be sad to see this fic end. I love how you write Roy... X3 Have a nice week! See you Sunday night. :D~
NurseGodaime chapter 12 . 7/9/2007
Aw, I wonder why she can't... Is it because she's not married? Still cute. I really liked Zeke getting into that fight.

Keep it up!
Bar-Ohki chapter 12 . 7/9/2007
Poor Riza...
Kurissyma san Tybalt chapter 12 . 7/9/2007
Aww! I'm making my I'm-about-to-cry-but-you-don't-need-to-know-that sound (CB: O_o?) Poor Beth! But I'm kind of relieved actually, I thought it'd be something like a single woman isn't allowed to adopt a kid or more than one or something... unless it is and she's just not telling them, in which case: Aw! Rizey should hurry up and get married to Roy Mommy and daddy, haha

I did try writing a oneshot story for Priss and Leon but nobody is reading it *pouts*

And, haha I know those sorts of gifts. Me and my friend Gracie call them "Christmas Elf Gifts" and it's our favourite joke when we get something we don't like (after the giver leaves of course, lol) "haha! That's going up on the mantlepiece next to the Christmas Elf!" and we laugh like mad and everyone is like O_o "how is that funny?" Her mum thinks we're totally nuts... then again, so does mine

Update soon, 'kay?

Xx-Rissy chan-xX
jacksparrow589 chapter 12 . 7/9/2007
I honestly almost cried through the whole adoption thing at the end of the chapter! I can't imagine what that would be like at all. It's just so heart-wrenching, and yet, that's what makes this a good story. It affects people and makes them think.

I feel so damn sorry for Riza, though. She keeps on running into trouble, and Beth and Zeke think that they're part of the problem... it's so complicated and sad! Zeke understands too much, Beth sort of gets it, but doesn't understand it, and Riza is caught in it all.

And you're hinting that next chapter will be worse... NO! I'll be sure to keep a box of tissues by my desk when I read it.

I hope things work out well in the end!
momiji-k chapter 12 . 7/9/2007
Bravo, bravo! I want more (as always). On the bright side the newest FMA manga chapter should be out in the next couple of days so the wait won't seem so bad since that should hold me over until the next update. :)

I thought we would never find out what happened at school. You were quite skillful at dodging the details. :) I figured it would come sooner or later though. Everything as always was well played out.

Great job even though it was rushed. Looking forward to next Sunday. :)
431 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 .. Last Next »