Reviews for A Family Affair
RemaSofiRuin chapter 16 . 5/19/2011
this review is no where near worthy of such an amazing story but i am witting it anyway. Royai is one of my favorite all-time pairings but this story just makes it even better. It has to take the cake for the most perfect little parallels with the beginning and the end but The whole thing was just wonderful. It was good enough that I couldn't stop reading once i'd started. just to put this into perspective, it's almost 4am now and I love my sleep more than anyone else you will ever meet. Keep up the amazing work i hope to r&r more of your work when i get the time.

-sofi
lol chapter 10 . 12/27/2010
WAT U MEAN BY THEY SLEPT?:
CrazyPretz chapter 11 . 8/9/2010
Lovely ;)

Im just saying, but I don't think it's possible for Riza to be that young. Somewhere in the 2003 anime or the manga said the ishival war was 13 years before the start of the series, and this is even two years after that. But It isnt bad she's this young ;)

Also- How old is Beth? I dont think its mentiond, and i suspect 5-6. And how old is Elecia? I think 6-8?
CrazyPretz chapter 3 . 8/9/2010
This chapter made me cry. I really hate reminders of a sad past. But that (and your spectacular writing skills) is what made this [amazing] FF so amazing and realistic. I can see this acctuly happing in the anime ;)
Fallen and Abused chapter 16 . 3/6/2009
do u know how awsome this is? cause it is the best! like u dont even know! i had to go to school to day and i left off on chapter 14 and i couldnt wait to get home and finish it! i was happy to finish it but sad to not be able to read it any more! this story had all the right balence of drama , romance , angest , humor ,and happy... along with so much more! i dont know how else to say it but I LOVE IT! thank you for writing such an awsome fan fic! keep writing!

ps- please!(keep writing!)
RosaLui chapter 16 . 6/6/2008
I.. laughed, I sighed, I cried quietly that Ed and Al never came back.

A great story, really. Very happy I found this. Love the mix of anime/manga (because, really, some of the coolest scenes are manga only - such as Roy & Lust, etc.)

Keep up the good work.
bookworm007 chapter 16 . 4/15/2008
yay, that was so good! but man, it took long enough. ahh, this was great, you're a good writer. now i must rush off and read everything else. teen titans, fma and avatar, i love em all, so there'll be plenty. hooray!
bookworm007 chapter 12 . 4/15/2008
this is great, i really like it. you do OCs really well. but how ol dis zeke exactly? in the first chapter i thought it said he was 10, but now it seems he has a little crush on elysia, who is 5, which would be kinda wierd, wouldn't it? my brother is 5 years younger then me, so when i was 10 i didn't care what his friends were like, i can't really see anything happening with such an age difference, especially when they're so young. so is he younger, 7 or 8? it's really been bugging me.
Silindro chapter 16 . 3/25/2008
I can only offer my sincerest apologies that I wasn't much into FMA fic when this was in progress. It was a wonderful story.
liz chapter 16 . 3/17/2008
Beautifully written! It kept you interested the entire time, and the development between Riza and Roy was masterfulyy done. I stayed up all night reading it! Keep writing!
Griselda Banks chapter 16 . 12/14/2007
I have just finished reading your entire fic in the space of two days. Whew. Such an undertaking is quite exhausting, but I must say it was definitely worth it. I really enjoyed your fic; the premise is quite unique, rather different from the other stuff people come up with. I have to say that while I've never thought of the two of them adopting kids (whether officially or not), it works very well.

I found myself coming to really like both Beth and Zeke, learning their mannerisms, and almost coming to think of them on the same level as I do the canon characters. This is something that I've discovered can only happen with very, VERY well-written fics; the only other one that really comes to mind is Dailenna's character Addy (Roy and Riza's daughter) from her fic "Such is the Sport of Soccer." And while I wasn't quite sure about Zeke at first, somewhere along the way I came to really like him. However, I think you might have made him a little too mature for his age. I understand why he had to be, and it worked out well for the story, but I just thought I'd caution you to be careful about that kind of thing in later works. True, children can see things that adults are blind to, but they still lack the knowledge and experience about...well, certain matters.

I loved the detail you've put into this story. Everyone seemed so much like a family, and I think that's mainly because of the warm little details you slip in about this or that. I especially liked the vacation on the beach; it reminded me of some pleasant family vacations I've experienced.

What's best of all, perhaps, is that everyone is in-character, down to the last eyelash. Royai is never quite as sweet if the participants aren't in-character, but you made sure to keep them true to themselves even when that meant you had to write pain into their lives. That makes the ending all the sweeter for the trials they've gone through to reach it. And you didn't just make sure Roy and Riza were in-character and keep it at that. No, you made sure that everyone, from Gracia to Grumman, was immaculately in-character. You have my utmost respect for this.

I didn't agree with a couple of the pairings, nor did I appreciate some of the conduct you had the characters exhibit, but overall I rather enjoyed myself with this fic. It was extremely well-written by FF standards, and not too shabby by others. I praise you for a good job well done. May you go on to write ever greater works, whether original or fanfiction. You've definitely earned my respect.

Keep writing _
CharlieMichelle chapter 16 . 11/17/2007
aw that was so sweet! i luv havoc, and roy! mostly roy! lol
xxAzure-Wingsxx chapter 16 . 10/6/2007
Gah...finally I am able to post a review! I was kinda busy with my exams coming up so I only had time to read the epilogue. Lol, a long overdue review I know, sorry about that.

Wow, Zeke and Beth sure have grown up! Looks like Zeke managed to become an alchemist. Good for him. Beth seems to be doing pretty well too so I guess Roy and Riza don’t have to worry so much about them now. Yea, off for their honeymoon now! XD

Thanks for the info about the dog tags! I never knew about the collars. I guess it makes the soldiers wearing it really feel like dogs wearing some collar…poor fellas. A relatively short epilogue but it wraps up the story pretty well so no problems with that, though I feel somewhat sad knowing that the story has come to an end. It’s a pity that you won’t be writing anymore FMA fanfiction cause I really enjoyed them a lot. This is a great story I won’t forget Good luck with your other fanfictions!
Byakuxhisa4eva chapter 16 . 10/4/2007
That was amazing. I was in tears by Chapter 14 (or was it 13, maybe 15?), when Riza asked if she was replacable. Actually, I'm still sobbing now as I type this review. The bond that Roy and Riza have is far deeper than any love, and their undying loyalty to each other is something that really is too amazing for words. It was so incredibly sweet, very moving. When Roy gave her the ring, and said it'd be an extra-long engagement, I didn't think anything in the world could compare to their happiness at the point. They truly, truly belong together.

I'm still wiping away my tears at this point. I don't think I've ever cried this much when reading ANY story, even ones by famous authors. You really managed to capture the bond of their relationship, something which is very hard to do, yet to blatantly obvious in the eyes of all who know them. Now, after twelve years, they're finally married. They've been waiting, for what, close to 30 years now?

This fic is definately going on my personnal list of all time favourite stories, EVER. I love how you didn't make it totally romantic and mushy and cliche, and how you didn't rush into things, but still managed to build on their relationship so smoothly. Truly amazing.
kai isolated chapter 16 . 8/26/2007
HAH! FINALLY! MANAGED TO READ THE FINAL INSTALLMENT!

sprry for the shouting just finished my skill lab/... this was short alright but it was cool! they finally got married! yay! XD

*jumps happily*