Reviews for A Family Affair
steelphoenix chapter 16 . 8/26/2007
...I _love_ this fic. Just to give you some perspective, I started reading this at midnight (thinking to look over a chapter and see what it was like, come back to later), and now it's 7am... and I didn't even notice the time pass!

Why so good? I'll start with the fact that it's actually realistic, everyone's in-character, plot progresses wonderfully, action and fluff in good quantities, and etc, etc... no doubt you've heard all the praises sung about it before, but let me add my voice to them! :)

Awesome, awesome stuff.
Noir Nire chapter 16 . 8/24/2007
*hugs story dearly to her chest* I love, and I mean LOVE this story, it's very well written and I read the whole thing in a day...and afterwards I've been grinning like a freakin' idiot..my parents think I'm crazy or something *rolls eyes* I'm a writer, of course I'm crazy. *laughs* Anyway, I loved this story and you should keep writing Royai fluff...you write it very well!

~Nire~
Martrex chapter 16 . 8/20/2007
I finally finished this story after staring at the alert thats been sat in my inbox for a month.

Very well done. Excellent epilogue too. Not over egging it, just saying what needed to be said.

Can't wait for more of your work!
Katty008 chapter 16 . 8/19/2007
Sob... and I loved how you showed without going out of your way some of the other things that happened in the absence, like Winry and Kants. I'm still trying to imagine three Winrys, not complete of course without winged wrenches.
Katty008 chapter 15 . 8/19/2007
Aw... You know, I kind of like the quotes at the very bottom of the story.
Katty008 chapter 13 . 8/19/2007
I won't say that wasn't an all-holds-barred adrenaline fueled thrill ride... and now I'm quoting Hot Fuzz. Awesome movie if you haven't seen it. Awesome chapter, a bit of good old-fashioned action. It was confusing but not, it captured the battlefield excellently. It was like a movie where there were explosions everywhere and gunfights and falshing lights and it was all you could do to keep from closing your eyes from the flashing lights and to keep a tally on who's dead so far. My heart's still going fast. And how Fuery and the others almost died, oh god. It helps that my brains still in Hot Fudge... er, Fuzz land.
Katty008 chapter 12 . 8/19/2007
Zeke and Elysia are so CUTE! Ah, 5th grade love *giggle*!

And the problems, oh the problems. There's no such things as all happiness though is there? That just wouldn't be equivalent exchange. Beth is... Beth is... Beth is just Beth, and the dynamics and stuff are wonderful!
Katty008 chapter 10 . 8/19/2007
Vollyball! It's always lovely to have a group full of comraderie, or however you spell that. That's the word I think of when comparing different school years. I think of the amount of comraderie of the class. Comraderie is cool.
AzNs4LiFe chapter 16 . 8/18/2007
Wow! This was great! I loved everything about your story. I'm sure a bunch of thought process was involved, and if not. you have raw talent that has great potential! either way thankyou for the wonderful reading!

AzNs4LiFe
OldCC chapter 16 . 8/18/2007
Ah, the tiredness excuse. So unoriginal. Classic. Easy to see through...

Works on me every time. I plead it too often myself...

It's okay!

Good epilogue... Yay! Sad... it ended... twas good.
Causmicfire chapter 16 . 8/18/2007
Lovely epilogue, thank you for sharing your story with everyeon on I'm sure you can tell I've immensly enjoyed it! I love the last two paragraphs. I hope to see more work from you!
Pygmy Puffs chapter 16 . 8/16/2007
i'm one of those guilty readers who never leaves a review... but i've been faithfully reading every single chapter since the very beginning. This is truly a wonderfully written story, brimming with subtle unspoken passion and promises. I love the way you spun off an original story, yet without compromising (and indeed embracing) the anime/comic plot and characters. This is truly the best Roy/Riza story i've ever read. And thank you for writing it.
Crystal Mage chapter 16 . 8/16/2007
Ack! Since FFN wouldn't let me review this when I read it, I almost forgot to review! D: Ah, well - good thing I remembered!

The evening wedding weirded me out some, but I think I can deal with it. :9 I really like how Zeke and Beth grew up. They're so adorable! I'd lament that Riza's too old for them to have children, but Zeke and Beth are all that they could've hoped for, really. I hope they're happy together! X3

Oh, I was meaning to ask. They waited until Riza was forty, right? Because that's the age when she would've had to leave active duty anyway? Or did they wait until Beth was an adult?

Thank you for such a great story! I'll probably wind up rereading it next summer when I'm bored. .'
MoonStarDutchess chapter 16 . 8/13/2007
*huggles you!*

Congrats on finishing the fic. I really enjoyed it very much.

*shoots confetti out of a cannon*

LOL Sorry, I am being silly. :)
Dailenna chapter 16 . 8/13/2007
Aww, shucks, thanks :D

This chapter was a beaut, too. I love the mentions of everyone else's kids - it just goes to show that in the time that has passed, things HAVE happened, even if Roy and Riza were still holding on.

I think the part I laughed at most in this was the way that at the end, you make it sound just like in the first chapter, with Roy not being particularly fond of trains, plus explanation. The funny thing is that I only remembre that from the first chapter because I forgot I hadn't changed to the right chapter a while ago, so I started reading, then realised I was only on the first. Ahh, good work, though. I like to use a similar strategy myself (epilogue similar to prologue).

I won't ask you to write more FMA work, but I am curious as to why you won't be doing any more. Whatever you will do, I hope that your talents don't go to waste _ Take care, and thank you for your amazing story!
431 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »