Reviews for A Life Less Extraordinary
ScorchingCold chapter 32 . 7/13
Excellent story! Hoping you'll do more like this!
tomorrow4eva chapter 32 . 6/30
That was an awesome story. Thank you for writing it down.
tomorrow4eva chapter 16 . 6/29
I've only seen the weeping angels episode, so I'm not very familiar with the Doctor, but I really like how you write him. He's not overwhelming the Firefly crew, nor has he faded into the background. Feels like both shows have their share of the focus, and both have a credible threat, and everything nicely intersects on River. I'm really enjoying the story. I lost sleep to it last night.
Irid alMenie chapter 32 . 4/3
Read this story a long time ago, when I'd just gotten into Doctor Who. Now that I've also watched Firefly, I find this story even more enjoyable than the first time. Both the sacrifice and the very end brought tears to my eyes.
Black Noise47 chapter 32 . 11/13/2015
Well this was an amazingly fun story. Caught me enough that I couldn't stop reading from start to finish, most of the time spent with a silly smile on my face. Thanks for writing it.

I think what caught me so was the spot-on characterization and the marvelous interaction among the crew of Serenity and between them and the Doctor. So much so that I suspect I'd have read a full story of just that, without an imminent crisis breathing down their collective neck. Though I suppose it wouldn't fit the Doctor's style.

Not too big a fan of the ending and some of the related whoverse themes but that's more than made up for by the brilliant lead up.

Wonder if Mal did ever get a sonic screwdriver for Christmas.
Whyhow chapter 32 . 8/18/2015
Whatever I might have said in my other reviews (which are more comments on anything that I happen to notice than reviews of the story as a whole), this is one of my top 5 fanfics and almost certainly my favorite Doctor Who fanfic. The characterization is great, the plot is engaging and creative, and you've blended the two universes in a way that few writers can.
Whyhow chapter 31 . 8/18/2015
This is not a comment about the story, but about your introduction (and I'm not sure I'd be willing to get into this argument if there was an easy way for you to respond). I agree that the Doctor was wrong about yelling at 10.5 about the Daleks, but I think that it was perfectly in character for him. It reminded him too much about the Time War, which he is ashamed of and prefers not to think about at all. It also was his only indication of Handy's personality under pressure and, assuming that he planned to leave him with Rose all along, he needed to get that lesson in (since it's one of the most important parts of his world view), even if it doesn't actually work in that particular situation.
librarywitch chapter 22 . 4/25/2015
Just stayed up way too late reading this delightful tale(again!). I am once again reminded why it is on my favorites list. You have been true to both universes. Fantastic! Brilliant
AuthenticAussie chapter 1 . 2/17/2015
my god I love this story it's just so amazing! Doctor Who x Firefly is seriously my favourite crossover type now, all thanks to this beautiful fic. Everyone was in character and your quotes at the top were super cool, and I really really liked the idea behind this! It was amazing!
The ending made me laugh a lot too, which was lovely. Everything was so well paced and mysterious, and I was so intrigued by everything that went on, I read this in one sitting

A fic, good job! It was really enjoyable!
erica.phoenix16 chapter 2 . 12/7/2014
Ooo.
erica.phoenix16 chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
What a cool song. :)
chabitso.0 chapter 32 . 11/10/2014
SO great! im so glad i read this story
Lord Dream chapter 32 . 7/30/2014
I don't like you. I really don't. I don't like people messing with the Doctor. So, here I am all set to hate this fic, and I cant. Cause Its GORRAM AWSOME! Dear lord, its absolutely one of the best Doctor Who X-overs Iv seen! You actually managed to find a realistic way of connecting the Who Reality with the Firefly Reality. Not only that, but it was a happy ending! I cant tell you how many Doctor Stories Iv read that were ruined, because the writer thought a happy end was to predictable. I'm incredibly impressed with this. Very well done.

Looking forward to more amazing stories,
Lord Dream
EmeraldHope chapter 3 . 7/16/2014
Hahaha. I met the Doctor. And he is Awesome.
EmeraldHope chapter 3 . 7/16/2014
Oh My Gosh. Okay any one that is reading the reviews and deciding whether or not to read this, just do it. I have only read the first three chapters and haven't met the softer yet (which I am excited for) and it is perfect tone, setting, words, every one is in perfect character. Can't wait to finish it: