Reviews for A Life Less Extraordinary
Black Noise47 chapter 32 . 11/13
Well this was an amazingly fun story. Caught me enough that I couldn't stop reading from start to finish, most of the time spent with a silly smile on my face. Thanks for writing it.

I think what caught me so was the spot-on characterization and the marvelous interaction among the crew of Serenity and between them and the Doctor. So much so that I suspect I'd have read a full story of just that, without an imminent crisis breathing down their collective neck. Though I suppose it wouldn't fit the Doctor's style.

Not too big a fan of the ending and some of the related whoverse themes but that's more than made up for by the brilliant lead up.

Wonder if Mal did ever get a sonic screwdriver for Christmas.
Whyhow chapter 32 . 8/18
Whatever I might have said in my other reviews (which are more comments on anything that I happen to notice than reviews of the story as a whole), this is one of my top 5 fanfics and almost certainly my favorite Doctor Who fanfic. The characterization is great, the plot is engaging and creative, and you've blended the two universes in a way that few writers can.
Whyhow chapter 31 . 8/18
This is not a comment about the story, but about your introduction (and I'm not sure I'd be willing to get into this argument if there was an easy way for you to respond). I agree that the Doctor was wrong about yelling at 10.5 about the Daleks, but I think that it was perfectly in character for him. It reminded him too much about the Time War, which he is ashamed of and prefers not to think about at all. It also was his only indication of Handy's personality under pressure and, assuming that he planned to leave him with Rose all along, he needed to get that lesson in (since it's one of the most important parts of his world view), even if it doesn't actually work in that particular situation.
librarywitch chapter 22 . 4/25
Just stayed up way too late reading this delightful tale(again!). I am once again reminded why it is on my favorites list. You have been true to both universes. Fantastic! Brilliant
AuthenticAussie chapter 1 . 2/17
my god I love this story it's just so amazing! Doctor Who x Firefly is seriously my favourite crossover type now, all thanks to this beautiful fic. Everyone was in character and your quotes at the top were super cool, and I really really liked the idea behind this! It was amazing!
The ending made me laugh a lot too, which was lovely. Everything was so well paced and mysterious, and I was so intrigued by everything that went on, I read this in one sitting

A fic, good job! It was really enjoyable!
erica.phoenix16 chapter 2 . 12/7/2014
erica.phoenix16 chapter 1 . 12/7/2014
What a cool song. :)
chabitso.0 chapter 32 . 11/10/2014
SO great! im so glad i read this story
Lord Dream chapter 32 . 7/30/2014
I don't like you. I really don't. I don't like people messing with the Doctor. So, here I am all set to hate this fic, and I cant. Cause Its GORRAM AWSOME! Dear lord, its absolutely one of the best Doctor Who X-overs Iv seen! You actually managed to find a realistic way of connecting the Who Reality with the Firefly Reality. Not only that, but it was a happy ending! I cant tell you how many Doctor Stories Iv read that were ruined, because the writer thought a happy end was to predictable. I'm incredibly impressed with this. Very well done.

Looking forward to more amazing stories,
Lord Dream
EmeraldHope chapter 3 . 7/16/2014
Hahaha. I met the Doctor. And he is Awesome.
EmeraldHope chapter 3 . 7/16/2014
Oh My Gosh. Okay any one that is reading the reviews and deciding whether or not to read this, just do it. I have only read the first three chapters and haven't met the softer yet (which I am excited for) and it is perfect tone, setting, words, every one is in perfect character. Can't wait to finish it:
dreamflower02 chapter 32 . 7/2/2014
Wow! One of the best crossovers I've read. You truly capture the voices, the *feel* of both shows, the bittersweetness of the situations that both the Doctor and the crew of Serenity find themselves in at this particular point in time.

And that time is indeed the perfect time for each to find one another, a time of grief for both, and a time of healing needed; that they can be of help to one another at such a time makes sense.

And the emotions, thoughts and feelings you explore reach beyond the two universes you depict and like all the best stories, reaches through into the things we need to think about in our own world, about the value of individuals, and the importance of love, and the sense of fairness that drives heroes.

While I know you have said "no sequel", I do hope that one day your muse will send you back in this particular direction. Mal and the Doctor understand one another in a very special way; they'll consider themselves friends even if they never met again.

And I wonder, actually, how long Kaylee's tour of the TARDIS took, and whether the Doctor took her on a little side trip or two...

Thank you for such a remarkably entertaining and thoughtful story!
Guest chapter 32 . 6/27/2014
I thoroughly enjoyed your story! Thank you so much for sharing! I'm kinda wish there were more, but I also appreciate writers who only publish their gems. Kudos! And thanks again :)
Guest chapter 12 . 6/15/2014
I gotta say. I've avoided Firefly fic for the last couple of years because the show is so good, I felt fanfic could only disappoint (and in fact, the first few I stumbled across, did). But I just watched the series again and wanted *more* and this here? This is seriously great! I'm enjoying it immensely. The voices are so IC and I love the crossover idea (I haven't seen a single DW episode)! Thanks so much for sharing this! I'm looking forward to seeing the story unfold!
Protagonist Of Life chapter 32 . 5/26/2014
That was good. That was really damn good.