Reviews for The Man With No Name
WeirdHue chapter 4 . 11/24
I remember finding this fic sometime last year and really enjoying it! been scrolling through my favourites lately so i found it again and it's as good as i remember :D
everyone's inner voices are written so damn well, the plot's engaging and everything strings along nicely sghzfxsdhn
I'm a chinese speaker myself(though more cantonese than mandarin), and one of the things I found really fun while reading is to try to dechiper the transcribed swears here, since they aren't in standard pingyin or chinese characters
it's a challenge for sure(and not only because even usual pinyin takes my brain a moment or two to catch on because there are way too many same-sound-different-characters in the language aha) but it keeps my brain active i guess
pleurocoelus chapter 32 . 10/11
I really enjoyed reading this. thanks for writing it.
Yog-sothsoth chapter 32 . 9/12
That was REALLY good story. Glad I found it, read in one go. Beautiful final. You just gave me a really warm feeling in my chest, you got a happy end just right. Thank you for your story
Majerus chapter 31 . 6/9
Well, if you have to get all plot-twisty and enemy-repentingy, saving Mal & the Doctor's lives is enough to make me look the other way ;)
Majerus chapter 30 . 6/9
"
Drawn from the same blueprint, formed by the same...power, or force of nature. Or Hand." He smiled, self-mocking. "I haven't a human's courage, to give such a thing a name. My beliefs have always been...rather vaguer than that."
and then
"
He smiled, and Mal recognized in it something of the man he knew in the–what? He couldn't call it the 'real' world. This was real. Everything else was just...point of view.
"
just highlight the brilliance of this chapter, a culmination of storytelling that has left me in tears, though some of them fall with happiness.
Majerus chapter 28 . 6/9
*blinks*
oh
I... well, that's not stopped the Doctor in the past.
But, this isn't the Past.
Is it?
Majerus chapter 25 . 6/9
Incredible. Excellent job of giving us a tour of the possible impossibilities of the TARDIS.
Majerus chapter 22 . 6/9
Well. I'm happy that Inara has such a clear understanding of Mal's mind... even if it pisses her off lol

Wow, the Doctor sure can curse well, and in new Chinese!
Majerus chapter 9 . 5/26
I can certainly see why it is one of your favorite chapters, it is simply incredible. Deep, touching and inspiring despite the melancholy.
CanadianRugbyguy chapter 32 . 2/24
Well done Author. Well done.
JustaLurker2 chapter 29 . 12/7/2021
The Doctor doesn’t seem the type for creationism, so what does he mean by ‘all of Creation’?
indeedjaffa chapter 32 . 9/18/2021
I installed a text-to-speech extension and put it on a higher speed. It allowed me to enjoy the touching moments - and this really did have them - without the regret of skipping any content. I could have read it normally tho if particular paragraphs were split up some more, but I still feel like there was a bit too much reminiscing at times.

Great ending; and the scene where the doctor tried to sacrifice himself for Mal was really touching, and true to the Doctor's character.
indeedjaffa chapter 25 . 9/18/2021
I'm finding it hard to read from half-way. Some paragraphs are too big from that point, and go into detail that I don't think is relavent to this short story, and it really drags out simple scenes.

Like for example, some characters are reimensing too much. I think it's best practice for these to be either short & sweet, or sparse & powerful. Even better: short & powerful.
tgfofp chapter 32 . 7/17/2021
Thanks! It's a pretty good story! Keep on writing!
GayFireTruck chapter 32 . 5/13/2021
This is such an amazing fanfiction and it's definitely the crossover I never knew I needed! The way the characters and dialogue were written, it was as if they were all jumping off the pages! Also I love that the author actually took the time to research terms, lore, and random quotes; not to mention the wonderful formatting, grammer, and smooth transitions between scenes! This is my new favorite fic!
1,201 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »