Reviews for The Man With No Name
mordreek chapter 29 . 2/28/2015
There are good men, regardless of the government, something the Independents brass has long since forgotten. "first rule of the fanatic," as Sinclair once said,"if you obsess over the enemy...you become the enemy."
mordreek chapter 28 . 2/28/2015
It amazes me how many people seem to think of the Doctor as a 2 dimensional figure they can manipulate or attack, forgetting who he is at the core. I was also wondering what River was going to do, guess I should have seen it coming.
mordreek chapter 27 . 2/28/2015
The buildup in this chapter was spectacular, very tense and suspenseful as the players, pawns, and "big damn heros" prepared for the showdown.

The Doctor pretty much hit the nail on the head like a jackhammer as he tore Vharaj's plan apart. There is nothing about it that would make sense in the long run.
mordreek chapter 26 . 2/28/2015
Yeeesh, Mal is not having his best day ever. I can't imagine what it feels like to be under siege in his own mind. The moment that these brassholes decided using the Reapers was a good idea, they lost all credibility they ever had.
mordreek chapter 25 . 2/28/2015
You did an amazing job painting the picture of Zoe's journey into the TARDIS, the feel of the vastness of it, the ache of it's loneliness and loss, it was very moving.
mordreek chapter 24 . 2/28/2015
The obligatory "HOLY CRAP!" reactions to the TARIDS were spot on, as usual. Thankfully Inara was able to center Simon before he went into a full blown panic. That would not have been good.

Can't say I'm surprised River would find being in the TARDIS and dealing with the Vortex too much. Girl is strong but not even the Doctor is that strong.
mordreek chapter 23 . 2/28/2015
Poor Simon, I think his brain broke a little bit, I can almost see the "kicked puppy" look on his face. It's not every day you are expected to perform battlefield surgery on an alien.
mordreek chapter 22 . 2/28/2015
Hah, the Doctor has his first Mandarin curse, took him long enough. Worse than Simon I think.

Mal is in for a world of hurt if he survives. Inara MAY let him live but I wouldn't put money on it.
mordreek chapter 21 . 2/28/2015
That's a very interesting Doctor Who villain, so close to what the Doctor himself would be if he ever gave up hope. That fine line between pitying Vharaj and despising him is so well done here it's impossible to do one or the other alone.
mordreek chapter 20 . 2/27/2015
I liked the Inara mental rambling part of the story, both a recap and a revelation that probably had more of a profound effect than she realizes.

And the Doctor's verbosity in the face of "oohh shiny" gets him busted again. It's the little slip ups that matter people.
mordreek chapter 19 . 2/27/2015
I'm really starting to love these little chats between the Doctor and River. They seem to mesh in ways many others have failed to the fact that they have both seen things they can't forget if they tried.
mordreek chapter 18 . 2/27/2015
I was waiting to see the psychic paper, it's been too long.

Can't say I'm suprised that monkey mentioned where Jayne is concerned.
mordreek chapter 17 . 2/27/2015
The TARDIS protects itself, even from well meaning Captains.

Nice bit of foreshadowing in this chapter. Plus some more dots being connected from the little spots that have been creeping up during the job.
mordreek chapter 16 . 2/27/2015
Yup, sounds about right. Their control group got destroyed, have to burn the entire experiment to avoid getting caught.
mordreek chapter 15 . 2/27/2015
Hehehe, Kaylee is being devious...and getting a nice little show as well. Women, can't live with em, try and they make yer lives a misery.
1,186 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »