Reviews for Blind Sight
ninjagirlforlife chapter 65 . 1/31
You are a fantastic writer! I have throughly enjoyed this story and its prequel. Please continue them!
eluci chapter 1 . 9/19/2020
Just finished yet another reread of my favorite fanfic story arc of all time. I’m still drawn in by the drama, humor, character development and story, every time. I haven’t given up hope that some day we might find out how the story ends. If there were a GoFundMe for the last chapters I’d contribute in a heartbeat. In any case, thanks again Valerie for sharing your talent and vision with us all. It’s been a pleasure.
DayenuRose chapter 65 . 8/3/2020
I discovered your stories about a year ago and absolutely adore your Romy stories. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve read and re-read ‘Blind Sight.’ Your story has become the standard to which I hold other Romy stories.

Your version of the Thieves Guild is fascinating and complex. Most times when I read other versions of the Guild (especially in the comics), I find myself comparing those versions to yours and wishing yours was the canon version.

I appreciate how you write the characters and their dynamics with each other. I love how Remy is certain he is going to lose everything, but is proven wrong time and time again. Rogue and Remy’s relationship is sweet and complex and passionate. The time they spend together in their apartment is some of my favourite domestic moments throughout all versions of their story. I love how your reveal of Remy’s involvement in the Mutant Massacre is used to strengthen the team and Remy’s place in it rather than tearing them apart. And how Remy goes from being an untrusted, semi-outsider, to a integral part of the team's leadership. It's just, wow... There are so many things I appreciate about this story I can't name them all.

I really do love this story. It is amazingly thought out and well written. I will keep coming back to it again and again. While I would love to read the conclusion to this story someday, it has been an honour to read it as is. I want to thank you for writing this and sharing it.

I hope you are still writing. You are a wonderful writer. I would follow your writing outside of fandom. Thank you so much! 3 3 3
Ariana Deralte chapter 62 . 7/10/2020
I am rereading this fic for the 15 time. I think it's amazing how many revelation scenes you have packed in, using comics canon but taking it to its' logical conclusion. So many people get the chance to be badass and it's just a really great story. It also didn't hurt to read about competent leaders in these times. I hold out hope that someday you finish this series:)
CrazyDreamerCircle chapter 65 . 1/15/2020
I absolutely love this story. Thank you for writing it.
La Magdalena chapter 63 . 11/26/2019
How i wish this story was somehow magically update. IT is absolutely WONDERFULL! I imagine how upcoming chapters might develop but i cant help but think whatever it is i imagine falls painfully short of what you would have written. I wont lose hope of you finishing it one day. :)
Crimson chapter 65 . 4/11/2019
I'm going to cruise around the internet and look for another part of this because (If I'm not mistaken) you mentioned that you were working on another part in one of your Betrayal Arc more recent posts which I believe was updated after this story... But, if I can't find any, I just wanted to tell you again how much I love your writing. You grow so much as you go along, and it's especially evident if you read through this arc from start to finish. It's astounding to me how you can have such intricate stories that have the same focus (Both characters, and major comics - 350, obviously, but also 45, and some AoA stuff. The Rogue series and the first Gambit limited series. And obviously OZT. But I digress...) but all of your stuff comes out so different. You make me remember loving comics. You make me remember setting my alarm for 3am so I could sneak downstairs and watch X-Men on YTV (Because they aired it in the middle of the night for no apparent reason). And your characterization of so many characters is just spot on. I really enjoy Kingpin in the Netflix series, and while I was reading this again, I started thinking about how spot on you matched his character to this man. I could hear his voice. Then I remembered that you probably wrote this well before that incarnation of him was a twinkle in the director's eye. Plus, every so often you'll throw in a word I don't really use, or you'll drop a cliche, or you'll use a character's voice to just charm your reader. It's very endearing. I hope whatever you're doing now, someone is paying you to write.
pandrea chapter 65 . 6/26/2018
I've been following your work since the early days (literal decades now, good lord!) And its still what I come back to most often. After reading last weeks comics wedding issue, I've had to come back an re-read for the umpteenth time and I still love them. Hoping that GoE and this haven't been abandoned and we wil get updates soon. Thanks for all your work!
WhenInRomy chapter 65 . 3/3/2018
Know that even now in 2018, your works are being read. I can tell you put a lot of effort into this story... you obviously invested your time writing with flair and it shows. Your characterisation of the likes of Remy, Scott and even Warren were spot on. At times I wanted to punch Rogue in the face at the beginning because she came off as whiney and overbearing... but i suppose that was her own low self-esteem and insecurity. Shendid come into her own and showed that fire and spunk we all adore her for.

This story is chock-a-block full of action, mystery & romance. Although, at times I felt lost because there were a lot of different plots going on with various different names, teams coming into the fold, it was interesting and neverending...to the point of exhaustion hahahha...i'm glad to say I made it to the end but am disappointed you weren't able to finish... yet?
I think you would have saved yourself some energy and story time if you did away with some characters - Joseph, for example. Personally, i felt his purpose throughout the whole was to serve as Remy's antithesis as he does nothing more throughout the story except remain in the background... Thus, he was a wasted literary construct. Forgive me, if I'm wrong. I am glad you didn't pursue that all-too-common yet overdone & tiresome plot line of the Rogue-Remy-Joseph love triangle -I was biting my nails hoping for the worst hahaha ANYWAY...

I imagine that Bastion & Sinister would have had their respective comeuppance, the Xmen & the Guild would remain allies & the Guildmaster would continue to lead, dividing his time between running the Guild of NY and helping the Xmen.

I really enjoyed your back story/ies of Remy - the infiltrator/infilTRAITOR turned hero of the Xmen. His moment with Ororo was particularly poignant because of their history. Through everything he had been put through... his involvement with Ororo was probably the most important - arguably, rivalling even his relationship with Rogue. Ororo's forgiveness would have evoked a profound sense of catharsis for Remy because he was so young, ruthless, desperate and somewhat lost at the time of their meeting. How far he has come since then...well done.
Also, your take on the Thieves Guild arc *sigh* BRILLIANT. You should consider pursuing Guild stories... featuring Romy in their current roles. From the detail put into ancient practices and rules to the intricate details of the wedding ... and so much more- you painted an awe-mazing picture of Remy's other life as a Thief.

Not much more I can say... other than - You're gifted! and definitely a fic writer that is up there with the likes of Ludi Price, Katjen, Hbcooper, Spasticatt, Chellerbelle, Scribblemyname, Ishandahalf, etc... just to name a few.
ALLREMS chapter 65 . 2/1/2018
Oh no i cant believe i read all chapters already. So sad missing its ending. Best 65 chapters ive read in a long time, enjoyed it all. Im very impressed with how you developed gambits character and explained some of his less liked personality traits. You did a great job with all characters really but mostly with Scott, Bobby, and of course The Guild/ thieves.
theworldiscrazy chapter 65 . 1/31/2018
love this plz update soon i read this none stop haven't done that for anything but my first read of harry potter series
Kaiblossom1683 chapter 1 . 8/24/2017
Just sending you a simple thank you. I'm rereading this for probably the 10th time over the years, it continues to be a favorite of mine. So thank you for sharing your world with us readers!
Guest chapter 65 . 6/24/2017
Great story, really :)
Lady Bethia chapter 65 . 5/5/2017
I can't wait for the next chapter. I have been reading you for years. Love it.
Triolet chapter 65 . 4/16/2017
Very dense and engaging. Most surprising how long a period of time this covers. Strange that it suggests one person primarily based in the states could remove all rockets and shuttles especially when there are some countries whose explorers are barely bigger than a standard tablet. I enjoy your Remy but sometimes wish he and Cyclops might have a more tactile moment. Thanks.